Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Give Paladins some glyphs

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyThought
    When's the last time you saw a warlock enslave a demon? Paladins actually have the more useful minors and don't need any more, aside from the sanctuary glyph to go along with the other blessing glyphs.
    Beated me into it.

JUst to clarify how bad the minor glyps to paladins are, here they all are.

Glyph of Blessing of Kings - Reduces the mana cost of your Blessing of Kings and Greater Blessing of Kings spells by 50%.
    Glyph of Blessing of Might/Wisdom - Increases the duration of your Blessing of Might/Wisdom spell by 20 min when cast on yourself.
    Glyph of Lay on Hands - Reduces the cooldown of your Lay on Hands spell by 5 min.
    Glyph of Sense Undead - Damage against Undead increased by 1% while your Sense Undead ability is active.
    Glyph of the Wise - Reduces the mana cost of your Seal of Wisdom spell by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjin

Glyph of Blessing of Kings - Reduces the mana cost of your Blessing of Kings and Greater Blessing of Kings spells by 50%.
    Glyph of Blessing of Might/Wisdom - Increases the duration of your Blessing of Might/Wisdom spell by 20 min when cast on yourself.
    Glyph of Lay on Hands - Reduces the cooldown of your Lay on Hands spell by 5 min.
    Glyph of Sense Undead - Damage against Undead increased by 1% while your Sense Undead ability is active.
    Isn't that one of the only minor glyphs in the game that increases your damage?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjin

No, Warlock's glyphs are really great.

Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion - Increases the Range of your Curse of Exhaustion by 5 yards.
    Glyph of Drain Soul - Your Soul Drain occasionally creates an additional Soul Shard.
    Glyph of Enslave Demon - Reduces the cast time of your Enslave Demon spell by 50%.
    Glyph of Kilrogg - Increases the movement speed of your Eye of Kilrogg by 50% and allows it to fly in areas where flying mounts aren enabled.
    Glyph of Souls - Reduces the mana cost of your Ritual of Souls by 70%.
    Glyph of Unending Breath - Increases the swim speed of targets affected by unending Breath by 20%.

Your (major) glyphs are better than all the resto shaman talents, except one. Why do you need more minor glyphs outside of what you already have access to?

Just goes to show that people will find anything to complain about.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Yeah it is, it's also only useful in one raid which we really don't even need it for because Naxx is easy easy easy. The list of our glyphs really shows how bad they are when you compare them to the other glyphs that I listed. A cool glyph would be something that increases the range of Consecrate by 2 yards, or increases the range of Judgements by 5 yards. Most classes have a glyph that will either increase range or decrease cast time of something which is absolutely useful, while our glyphs are great for the buffing period of a raid, and one raid, and the very rarely useful cooldown to LoH, because if you're using LoH so much that you need to use it once every 15 minutes, although if your tank takes some serious spike damage, LoH can be pretty handy, but if it's happening that often, then your healers probably should be doing a little better job. I'm just saying that when you compare our glyphs to other classes, it's kinda sad.

Those 5 extra yards on Shackle Undead are totally overpowered.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    Your (major) glyphs are better than all the resto shaman talents, except one. Why do you need more minor glyphs outside of what you already have access to?

Just goes to show that people will find anything to complain about.
    I never said anything about Resto Shamans... I guess I should go to the Shaman forum and write up some cool ideas for improving their talents. Oh wait... nope I'm a paladin posting in a paladin thread about paladin glyphs that are useless for paladins. Hmm... not saying that your not right, but I wasn't posting about your class. I know that the glyphs for Fury Warriors suck too. There are plenty of things that could be improved in this game. I'm just addressing the ones that pertain to my character and gameplay.

Let's just give you 6 major slots so you can be happy then. Just because you don't like some of your minors doesn't mean they're bad. I only have one minor I like and I don't even use it, does that mean I should get more? No. Just accept that you have minors that make little things a little easier, like they're designed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton
    I never said anything about Resto Shamans... I guess I should go to the Shaman forum and write up some cool ideas for improving their talents. Oh wait... nope I'm a paladin posting in a paladin thread about paladin glyphs that are useless for paladins. Hmm... not saying that your not right, but I wasn't posting about your class. I know that the glyphs for Fury Warriors suck too. There are plenty of things that could be improved in this game. I'm just addressing the ones that pertain to my character and gameplay.
    You obviously haven't taken an english class in college which made you state an intro, before you could get into whatever you were going to say.

The minor glyphs aren't supposed to increase your performance in the game like a major glyph. Minor glyphs are supposed to reduce the amount of work in keeping up with buffs and the range of spells. They're not there to take the place of your major glyphs. Which goes back to the overly used phrase (because it's true) "Just goes to show that people will find anything to complain about.".

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    You obviously haven't taken an english class in college which made you state an intro, before you could get into whatever you were going to say.

The minor glyphs aren't supposed to increase your performance in the game like a major glyph. Minor glyphs are supposed to reduce the amount of work in keeping up with buffs and the range of spells. They're not there to take the place of your major glyphs. Which goes back to the overly used phrase (because it's true) "Just goes to show that people will find anything to complain about.".
    Yea first of all, this is the mmo forums, I'm not too worried about stating an intro. Second of all, you clearly didn't read the whole "give us a glyph that increases the range of consecrate by 2 yards or the range of judgements by 5 yards" which is every other class has at least one of these kinds of glyphs. I'm not asking for "Hey, give me a glyph that increases my DPS by ~300", I'm asking for glyphs that aren't as fricken bland.

the real kicker is, even something like 3 yards on turn evil. or something stupid like that. would be better.

-50% of mana cost when you will be drinking after buffing anyway. mana cost of buff spells is hardly ever an issue. in pvp or pve.

increase duration of XXXXX or XXXX no longer requires a reagent plz

Deleted

I agree, at least as ret. Minors are somewhat fine but theres nothing at all to pick other than the judgement glyph and maybe to some extent consecration.

Ret should be a DPS specc, not healing, so why aren't there aren't any damage increasing ones? Most of them just increase healing done or decrease mana costs, while you don't run OOM anyway, ever, when DPSing in a raid.

Id kill for a minor glyph that either removed reagents or lowered cd of divine intervention... No possible balance issues just helps with wipe recovery and saving me on repair money

Yea first of all, this is the mmo forums, I'm not too worried about stating an intro. Second of all, you clearly didn't read the whole "give us a glyph that increases the range of consecrate by 2 yards or the range of judgements by 5 yards" which is every other class has at least one of these kinds of glyphs. I'm not asking for "Hey, give me a glyph that increases my DPS by ~300", I'm asking for glyphs that aren't as fricken bland.
    Because it would help you too much in pvp? Minor glyphs are supposed to be "bland".

How would a rogue be able to sap you if he can't reach you? With the 2-5 extra yards on judgements, how would someone escape you? You have to think about the side effects to giving something to a class.

If anything, pallys just need a minor glyph to take away reagents from DI. That's what minor glyphs are for. They're not there for giving you a complete advantage.

It would be useful to have an all encompassing glyph such as... Glyph of Blessing - Increases the duration of all blessings cast on yourself by 20 min. or Glyph of ___ - Reduces the mana cost of all blessings by __% Something along these lines would make the minor glyphs for pallies a bit more useful without making them overpowered.

reduce the threat loss on hand of salvation when its cast on yourself and you have RF on =) (tho i rarely lose aggro with it on me unless its a hardmode nuke it before the tank has aggro fight

The lack of actual utility in our minor glyphs is completely ridiculous compared to all the other classes.
    Is it? look at warlocks.
    P.S. The drain soul one have only 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    Is it? look at warlocks.
    P.S. The drain soul one have only 5%
    Hello Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion. Adding 5 yards of range to a useful ability? Yes please, I would like some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Blizzard have only taken away reagent requirements from 'rarely cast' spells like levitate, slowfall, ankh, water walking etc. All the reagents for major buffs are non-negotiable.
    Well, like DK's have a no reagent ghoul glyph, and druids have a no reagent Battle res glyph, so like... yeah errm those 2 spells are like, you know, pretty important a lot of the time, and it really helps not running out half way through something, plus are you telling me that a completely free self res for shamans is not like extremely useful in some situtations?

I don't see why Pallys shouldnt have a reagent free glyph tbh, they're obviously lacking something like this so it'd be pretty neat.

Plus the whole + 30 mins self buffed is a good idea too, druids have an hour long thorns, a hell of a lot better then casting it every 10 minutes, especially when some boss fights are 10 mins long including buffing before the initial pull, every little helps. Suggest these ideas on the main forums someone.