Holy 29/42/0, possible?

I have been thinking about this spec for a while:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9947

But i dont know really if it will work out. The point with it is to get decent Aoe heals, with the maximum mp5.
    The spec misses Divine Providence, and i think CoH will be healing for shit (havent been holy for ages, so i dont know).

Anyone tried it out in raids? Or is it something thats going straight to the trashcan?

Re: Holy 29/42/0, possible?

It bet it would be awesome for running heroics 10 man, but for 25 man I just would go without glyphed Guardian Spirit or Pain Supression if you go deep disc, especially if you raid Ulduar.

Also I prefer to have Serendipity and use it with PoH, with this you can put out alot of aoe healing combined with glyphed CoH.

Hiya.
    I used to use a spec just like that (minus the soul warding) in T7 content, before a lot of the deep holy changes (this was my offspec by the way).

The spec was very nice for mana, indeed. It was effective enough. However, the limitations were things where tank cooldowns (PS, GS) are needed, the spec is useless. Also, the healing output suffered in comparison to full holy priests.

Try it if you want, it's harmless, but if you plan on running some of the hardmodes, etc, I recommend you switch back to at least 51 points in Holy.

Have fun in any case

the things i forsee with this spec would be three fold.

1) you're CoH won't heal for as much as it could with a pure holy spec.

2) and you're PW:S lost 40% absorbtion from not having borrowed time. Also, trying to use PW:S like a disc priest while not having rapture will tend to oom you fairly fast.

3) you have no "OH Shit" buttons anymore, which at first may not seem like much. But, there are alot of hardmodes in ulduar that almost require the use of those cd's to ensure your tanks survival.

I think this spec gets some of both, but I think you trade off too much so that you really end up not being very good at either.

For raid healing, you'll be missing Serendipity and Divine Providence which will make Prayer of Healing very slow and not heal for nearly as much. Hell, you'd be better off with raid healing as full Discipline becasue you can cast PWS (with Renewed Hope) as fillers and use Borrowed Time to get Prayer of Healing off faster. In fact, I think you'd even get slightly bigger heals as full Discipline casting Prayer of Healing simply because of the extra crit.

For tank healing, you're obviously missing the key Discipline talents like Divine Aegis, Borrowed Time, and Penance. But, again, I think you'd probably be better off tank healing as fully Holy because you'd get Serendipity, Test of Faith, Empowered Renew and, of course, Guardian Spirit.

So, all in all, I think you'd be better suited for either style as full Discipline or Holy. I do see the regen possibilities here, and it could very well put you at a point where mana is a complete non-issue, but I just don't think the trade off is worth it. I could see it working for an undergeared healer just trying to keep things patched up while he's being mostly carried while trying to get gear (perhaps in a heroic, as a second healer in a Naxx-10 run, etc.), but I can't see it being that useful in a typical encounter.

I've used an similar spec for some fights: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9947

So far I've found this spec good for Hodir, due to super fast mass dispell and some extra haste. The drawback is 6% less healing on all AoE healing spells compared to full holy spec.
    Its also decent for general vezax, where the huge amount of int weights up for the small loss of healing power.

For other fights the utility from guardian spirit and the extra healing power on AoE spells is stronger, making this spec weak.