Can't figure out which weapon to use.. :X Help!!(resto)

I stepped into Nax25 this week for the first time on my Shaman as a healer, and I was fortunate enough to get a couple of pieces here and there, alot of it isn't ideal resto gear(some pieces of leather, cloth, etc,) but I'll take what I can get. I managed to pick up the Spire of Sunset http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40300 but I also was able to pick up the Urn of Lost Memories http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40350

So I'm stuck with a dilemma, I have 3 potential one handed weapons to choose from to go with the urn, and any combination is better than the Spire, but I can't figure out what one to go with, and no amount of guides I've read has made the decision any easier. I'm torn between the Titansteel Guardian, a spellpower/crit heavy allocation that would result in a loss of almost 70 intellect, 6mp5 and 3% haste in exchange for 60 more spellpower, 1.5% crit, the Scalpel of the Royal Apothecary which would only be a loss of 30 intellect compared to the staff and a loss of only 2% haste, in exchange for 15 more spellpower, or the Warmace of Unrequited Love, which would be a loss of 3% haste, and only 20 intellect, in exchange for 15 more spellpower and 13mp5. http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=41384;45214;37169

To me it seems that the Staff beats the warmace and the scalpel, but I'm inclined to say the Guardian/Urn combo beats the staff...but with such a massive loss in intellect, it may be the case that the staff still wins out over all 3. The Scalpel is the cheapest and most effective one to acquire because of it being through dailies, which helps make up for the fact that really of the 3 it is the weakest, while it loses the least amount of haste for me it has spirit, which is worthless.

I suppose it comes down to this, is a loss of 70 intellect worth it for 60 spellpower? If not, is a loss of 3% haste and 20 intellect worth it for 15 spellpower and 13mp5? If I'm supposed to be treating Intellect and Spellpower as equals, than the staff wins. For now..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...end&n=Nuttotem Hasn't updated for any of the naxx gear I got..or OS25 shoulders :x Be nice

edit: and before someone asks the ring has expertise in it because i was using it for enhance, it is properly gemmed now, stupid armory

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Can't figure out which weapon to use.. :X Help!!(resto)

Dont use offhand EVER, as resto.

Use shield, chant with int, and use dagger.

From what I read, It appears that he does not have a shield. Therefore he is asking whats best for what he DOES have.

I don't think it'll make much of a difference with what you choose. I say go with the staff or the Warmace/OH combo. As a Resto Shaman, I'm beginning to prefer int/crit over mp/5 and haste.

Wouldn't the wraith strike from maexxna be ideal also?
    Crit and haste plus nice spell damage, maybe it's more of an elem weapon, I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by STIG
    Wouldn't the wraith strike from maexxna be ideal also?
    Crit and haste plus nice spell damage, maybe it's more of an elem weapon, I don't know..
    While Wraith Strike is probably the 2nd best resto shaman weapon from naxx, yet again he's asking what he should use for what he CURRENTLY has.

If it were as simple as you 2 are making it seem, I'm sure even he knows the answer is Voice of Reason (Shield) and Torch of Holy Fire (KT Mace).

Indeed, the only shield I have is a blue from a heroic which even enchanted doesn't touch the urn in stats. Trying to figure out whats optimum for what I have available to work with, not what's optimum if there's no such thing as random loot.

Frankly, until you get a better main hand, the staff is you're best bet. The large mana pool will let you cast more freely, and since Blizzard itemizes spellpower lower than int, it seems foolish to give up a large amount of int for even less spellpower. The Warmace is the closest contender, but I value 3% haste and 20 int over 15sp and 13mp5 (others may disagree).

If it makes you feel any better, check out my Armory. You should get an ironic laugh out of it:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...othar&n=Cralus

I would say the staff for now, however if you have done any Heroics or Naxx 10 you more than likely have gotten enough Badges to get Protective Barricade of the Light . When you do get the shield throw it on with War Mace of Unrequited Love. The Scalpel of the Royal Apothecary wastes too much of it's stats on spirit for which you have no use and even though Titansteel Guardian has more SP you more than likely need the MP5 if you are just getting going good and the Stam really isn't as beneficial for you as the Int. JMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    I would say the staff for now, however if you have done any Heroics or Naxx 10 you more than likely have gotten enough Badges to get Protective Barricade of the Light . When you do get the shield throw it on with War Mace of Unrequited Love. The Scalpel of the Royal Apothecary wastes too much of it's stats on spirit for which you have no use and even though Titansteel Guardian has more SP you more than likely need the MP5 if you are just getting going good and the Stam really isn't as beneficial for you as the Int. JMO though.
    Even with the int enchant, that iLvl 200 shield is about the same as the iLvl 213 offhand he already has. I would spend the heroism emblems on a better neck and/or totem if you haven't already.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin
    From what I read, It appears that he does not have a shield. Therefore he is asking whats best for what he DOES have.

I don't think it'll make much of a difference with what you choose. I say go with the staff or the Warmace/OH combo. As a Resto Shaman, I'm beginning to prefer int/crit over mp/5 and haste.
    I thinkyou're forgetting one thing. There is shield avaible for badges. It's very good shield for resto shamans, and you can put Int chant on it.

That shield is not expensive, you can get it in one day if you'll do few heroics, really... 1 day :O

And whatever you'll choose to do, getting one hand epic + epic shield is way to go.

Even more, one hand epic + a blue shield will be still better than that staff. Really, really. 25 int on shield is BIG, especially when you lack gear.

So go and get those 35 (think a shield costs that much) badges, and be happy resto shaman with PROPER gear.

Say no to staff, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkive
    Even with the int enchant, that iLvl 200 shield is about the same as the iLvl 213 offhand he already has. I would spend the heroism emblems on a better neck and/or totem if you haven't already.
    Shield has 1 more base int + 25 from chant, with AK and kings its 30 or so. That is worth ~5 spellpower, which makes it almost same as offhand. Int also gives crit, not as much as crit rating, but still its not a big loss, mp5 is almost same.

For undergeared shama INT is most important stat, way, way more important than mp5.

So once again, get yourself badge's shield, chant it with int and use mace/dagger. You'll be better than with staff or priests/druids offhand

Quote Originally Posted by MrNutty
    Indeed, the only shield I have is a blue from a heroic which even enchanted doesn't touch the urn in stats. Trying to figure out whats optimum for what I have available to work with, not what's optimum if there's no such thing as random loot.
    why dont you just buy the shield for emblems of heroism?
    and then use the titansteel guardian of this mace from nexus heroic.
    i mean this shield isnt that expensive, and if you went naxx 10 and some heros you should easily have enough of this emblems.