Holy Pally healing question ....

For Ulduar25, which do you use more Holy Light or Flash of Light / Holy Shock?

Re: Holy Pally healing question ....

Chain Heal

Is there a reason to ever cast FoL? The holy pallies in my guild never run OOM and just spam HL. With a moderate amount of haste and keeping Judgements of the Pure up, they get ~1.8 second casts.

That + Glyph of HL makes them beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rash
    For Ulduar25, which do you use more Holy Light or Flash of Light / Holy Shock?

With Illumination and other Holy talents giving paladins mana back the way it does and a decent amount of haste like he said, Holy Light > Flash of Light/Holy Shock every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

lol we have a heal called flash of light? I thought i was just supposed to close my eyes and click on holy light in the general area of the tank the whole fight. so much....fun?

Holy light hands down.
    You cannot keep a tank up with flash/shock.

The only exception is on general vezax, when there are 7 healers on the tank, when i do use flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Holynerd
    Holy light hands down.
    You cannot keep a tank up with flash/shock.

The only exception is on general vezax, when there are 7 healers on the tank, when i do use flash.
    This

HL on every fight except for vezax, where illumination does not return mana. Use Flash on this fight.

HL ulduar, flash general, thats it.

personally, i spam the hell out of HL and use HS on almost every cooldown, since HS is a bigger heal than FoL, and with my haste it makes the GCD 1 second and FoL is a borderline 1-second cast. HS on every cooldown is usually a crit, and gives your next HL an even bigger crit chance.

raid buffed, my HL is a 1.4 second cast in my current gear.

my secondary spec is a prot/holy hybrid that's geared toward buffing FoL; it's not very useful on most fights, but it shines on a few of them, namely General. the spec i use for him is 14/43/14, and i can heal the entire duration without ever needing a saronite vapor. with this spec, FoL crits for 10k in raids, and i have 2800+ SP on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    QFT.
    As long as you have the gear to sustain it, which with relic/Glyph of SoW, isn't hard.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Deleted

Remember that Holy Shock has a large crit chance, and when it does crit, it increases your next holy light's critical chance. Is the best heal to use in diferent target's and heal the tank with beacon of light, and works great with a mouse over macro.

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    QFT.
    As long as you have the gear to sustain it, which with relic/Glyph of SoW, isn't hard.
    This is not opponent post, iam just adding something for person who created this thread, because with this question..

You dont really have to be in full ilvl213 crit haste sp to support this playstyle. It help a lot and its the "right way" but there are few things that will make this much easier in lower gear, and more effectivent in higher gear. You said two, ill add more which i use:

Glyph on -5% manacost,
    Glyph on uber LoH + minor glyph on LoH CD + Talents in LoH cd ------ 8kmana/bossfight
    Libram of HL cost

Thats about talents and glyphs. Now in the proession:
    Blacksmithing or JWC. Those two allow you to really choose your profesion bonus. Not like enchanting or LW. Because they allow you to get bonus int. Not sp, but int. Very important.

Because, about gems: Gem int in yellow, gem prismatic in blues(better use it before they nerf it ), gem int(manaregen socket bonus) or SP in red(any other socket bonus. Basicly, i dont have it exactly like this.

Now its pretty much about intelect stacking. If you are unlucky on trinkets, JWC manatrinket with gemmed int is right choice. However i think this trinket can be easily replaced by nearly any ilvl200+ epic healer trinket, starting with that badge one.

why stack int? Why not manaregen? why not SP? why not crit, haste?

Because crit haste sp will be passive from your gear. enough of it from gear. But intelect, it gives you following:

Its increased by 10 and 15 % from bok and talent.
    It grants you SP
    It grands you crit
    It grants you mana, which grants you:

It grants you more mana from Plea.
    It grants you more mana from replenisment.

Mp5 grants you..mp5. Thats all, nothing more, no crit haste sp more replenisment as you stack it. no.

Basicly you will have huge manapool and cheap fast HL. Now spam it as you spammed flash of light before, and you will never feel like paladins are worst class ever as some retard mentioned in that post around this post.

Sorry for my english and spelling

Use FoL to heal small raid damage e.g. XT Tantrum, Mimiron P2,trash?! (keeping HS on CD for the bosses)

Sanguissa got it pretty straight, but there is a few things i would like to add.
    On the trinketpart, the Jewelcrafting trinket is actually one of the best in the game.
    The only ones better than that is: (in order)

Pandora's Plea - Amazing Trinket
    Greatness - Time ur Arcane Torrent/Plea with this!
    Spark of Hope - Extremely boring, but effective trinket.
    Soul of the Dead - Nizzle
    Eye of the Broodmother

Pimpje are you serious?
    Using FoL during tantrum? Just chain HL on every raidmember loosing health, and see your Glyph of Holy Light doing 0 overhealing (WIN)
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Thats about talents and glyphs. Now in the proession:
    Blacksmithing or JWC. Those two allow you to really choose your profesion bonus. Not like enchanting or LW. Because they allow you to get bonus int. Not sp, but int. Very important.
    Alch will give you the same int as JC/BS with an int flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Alch will give you the same int as JC/BS with an int flask.
    I searched but i dont get it:

JWC gives you 3*27 jwc gems, that 3*11=33 intelect increase due to profession.
    BS gives you 2*16, 32.
    Alchemy gives you basicly 60 int flask, 85 with mixology, which is 25(24) from profession

Those are really small numbers, but since every increase in gear is made point after point..(excluding Padoras )

Well lets just hope blizzard will give us some another intelect tinket in t9 or t10, ideally with chance your spells will be cheaper by 10% for next 20sec

BS gives you 2*16, 32.
    Alchemy gives you basicly 60 int flask, 85 with mixology, which is 25(24) from profession

Those are really small numbers, but since every increase in gear is made point after point..(excluding Padoras )

Well lets just hope blizzard will give us some another intelect tinket in t9 or t10, ideally with chance your spells will be cheaper by 10% for next 20sec
    JC doesn't *only* give you the +27 int gems.

It also allows you to make and use the Figurine - Sapphire Owl (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42413).

So, sure you could get another trinket, but if you use the JC one and pop in 2x - 16 int gems, that's a total of 42 + 16 + 16 = +74 int along with the 2340 mana return every 5 mins (meh but better that nothing).

I don't use it all the time, but for certain fights where having the absolute highest mana pool possible is preferable over other attributes I pop it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caean

It also allows you to make and use the Figurine - Sapphire Owl (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42413).

So, sure you could get another trinket, but if you use the JC one and pop in 2x - 16 int gems, that's a total of 42 + 16 + 16 = +74 int along with the 2340 mana return every 5 mins (meh but better that nothing).

I don't use it all the time, but for certain fights where having the absolute highest mana pool possible is preferable over other attributes I pop it in.
    I <3 this trinket, and won't get rid of it until pandora's, having greatness as my second.

Quote Originally Posted by Caean

Please read whole thread before posting

Edit: 42 int from trinket isnt profession bonus. Its benefit made from trinket, not free 33 int

And i prefer SP+haste on use , even though i can make jwc one.

Why? Damn I want to see some big numbers and be on 1place on healing meters. Ofc meteres arnt everything, bu hell i love them, when you kep your tanks up, what else to do?

BS gives you 2*16, 32.

"Alchemy

The Mixology benefits from Northrend elixirs and flasks have been increased."

/target holy paladin
    /cast nerf

So, I think I'm going to lvl JC.