Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do holy paladins bring to raids that Rets and Prots cant?

I was just trying to think of a few right now. I know we have BoL which is a pretty decent talent, but if the only thing we bring to a raid that other paladins dont is a 51 point talent...isnt there something wrong? We have no mana tide/Innervate/Brez/Hymm of Hope (i think). I know this is a known issue with holy paladins but can someone correct me?

[edit]: didnt notice there was a ret post, were in the same boat.

Re: What do holy paladins bring to raids that Rets and Prots cant?

you bring...healing.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

As a holy paladin we bring great single target healing. druids, shammys, and priests can’t do it as well (most of the time). While with ret you bring dps, which almost any other class can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    you bring...healing.
    This.

Thats all you need to bring, you trump all other classes at single target healing.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

All druids bring innervate and brez. Same with priests and Hymn of Hope.

What are you driving at? Blizzard does not want one class to be mandatory to a raid. They certainly aren't going to make one spec of one class bring a truly unique buff.

Healing =/= Damage.

Idiot.

actually there is a very good sig out there.

it states that ret and prot healing can be the same as holy healing. but holy damage isnt the same as ret or prot.

of course holy has a lot more mana and can heal for longer.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik
    Thats all you need to bring, you trump all other classes at single target healing.
    not for long... if 3.2 goes live as it currently is, disc priests and resto droods become much better tank healer. ironically they are also better raid healers as well. gg all you morons out there that QQ'd about MT healing. if you need to get in touch with me, i'm outside ulduar buffing my raid. pst

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    not for long... if 3.2 goes live as it currently is, disc priests and resto droods become much better tank healer. ironically they are also better raid healers as well. gg all you morons out there that QQ'd about MT healing. if you need to get in touch with me, i'm outside ulduar buffing my raid. pst
    as of now....the patch notes that are out now arent nessisarily gonna be the same on patch day :P

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    The lair is on the ground in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    How do you figure? They nerfed both of those healing classes as well. We are still the best single target healer; we just can't spam Holy Light anymore and expect to win. I should remind you that we have Imp. Blessing of Wisdom, and while you can argue that a Prot/Ret could have this too, I would not be caught going that far down into Holy for either spec for PvE.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz
    I was just trying to think of a few right now. I know we have BoL which is a pretty decent talent, but if the only thing we bring to a raid that other paladins dont is a 51 point talent...isnt there something wrong? We have no mana tide/Innervate/Brez/Hymm of Hope (i think). I know this is a known issue with holy paladins but can someone correct me?

[edit]: didnt notice there was a ret post, were in the same boat.
    With the Beacon of Light change, it will be absolutely incredible paired with JoL. If you dress a Prot Paladin like a Holy Paladin, they'll go OOM a fair bit quicker, and also they'll really hurt for that beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    actually there is a very good sig out there.

it states that ret and prot healing can be the same as holy healing. but holy damage isnt the same as ret or prot.

of course holy has a lot more mana and can heal for longer.
    the only reason ret and prot bring the same "healing" is because they have nearly equivilent spellpower when all their buffs are running. However, they also have about 6k mana on a good day and none of the effective healing talents, meaning they go OOM after about 5 or 6 decent heals, making them completely useless as any form of realistic healer.

That and ret sponges the meters with "Judge of light" but that ends up as 90% overheal anyway, making it pretty useless as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    the only reason ret and prot bring the same "healing" is because they have nearly equivilent spellpower when all their buffs are running. However, they also have about 6k mana on a good day and none of the effective healing talents, meaning they go OOM after about 5 or 6 decent heals, making them completely useless as any form of realistic healer.

That and ret sponges the meters with "Judge of light" but that ends up as 90% overheal anyway, making it pretty useless as well.
    You do realize that a Ret or Prot in HEALING gear gets an instant Mana pool and their Conversion talents work better than Holy Guidance. Prot has neverending Divine Pleas if they can get in Melee and Ret also gets mana from JOTW. Prot also gets an extra 7% healing from Divinity and Imp Devo aura.

Touched by the light and Sheath of Light also give VERY powerful secondary healing abilities that a Holy paladin cant even touch. 30% higher Crits and 60% Crit HoTs off of either FoL or HL.

In any situation where all they need to do is spam HL or FoL for short periods of time they can be equal healers.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    you bring...healing.
    =wrong - You bring OVERhealing :O

i've been 2nd on healing meters with judgement of light in a 25man before (as prot)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    i've been 2nd on healing meters with judgement of light in a 25man before (as prot)
    That healing was attributed to you only because the value of Judgement of Light is modified by our own attributes. In the new patch, it will operate like Leader of the Pack and will be attributed to each individual person like intended.

But back to the OP, in 3.2 we will be the best tank AND melee healers in the game. We will still, most likely, not be healing ranged but given the Glyph of Holy Light and new Beacon of Light, we will dominate melee healing while maintaining superb tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz
    We have no mana tide/Innervate/Brez/Hymm of Hope (i think).
    self cast lay on hands? i get like full mana of that

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    You do realize that a Ret or Prot in HEALING gear gets an instant Mana pool and their Conversion talents work better than Holy Guidance. Prot has neverending Divine Pleas if they can get in Melee and Ret also gets mana from JOTW. Prot also gets an extra 7% healing from Divinity and Imp Devo aura.
    (Bold for fail)

You gain 25% of your total mana over 15 sec, but the amount healed by your Flash of Light, Holy Light, and Holy Shock spells is reduced by 50%.
    Instant, 1 min cooldown

just had to point out

Think about your Question for a second...

What do Resto Druids bring that Feral do not?
    Innervate - Feral has 0 use for it so ferals bring this BETTER than Resto.
    BattleRez- Feral again has no use for mana so stopping to do this is less costly than for a resto, unless he is tanking

If you have 2 of a class already most of what they offer will already be available.

Holy Paladins uniquely bring:
    Aura Mastery- Silence/Interrupt immunity on demand for the entire raid is a +, no its not IWIN every fight but it has the potential to be.
    Imp BoW- Extra Mana for entire raid, BTW mana regen across the board has been nerfed in 3.2 so this will be even more important
    Imp Concentration - Almost required for fights where casters are taking hits from pushbacking AoE effects

An Additional Blessing, Aura, HoF, HoS, HoP. Having one HoP is good, having 2 is better, and so on. These effects are cumulative in a raid environment as more than one target might need them.

this topic makes no sense at all if u think u can do a good job healing as prot or ret go for it.

second of all using meters as a viable method of guaging skill as a healer(or even as dps) is truly ignorant, with that said the changes to holy will make it more usefull.

MT healing can be very intense and rewarding but the problem is that fights with low or close to no aoe damge are very few in wotlk allowing healers who can aoe heal bigger numbers on charts that doesnt make them any better than any other healer