is this enhance macro possible?

is it possible to create a lightning bolt macro that will only cast if you have 5 MW up?

my eye is quicker than my brain and occasionally i'm too quick on the draw.

Re: is this enhance macro possible?

No.
    What you can do is
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    /stopcasting

Then it will cast LB and if it isn't an instant, it will be canceled but still.. that's meh.
    Get PowerAurasClassic and set it up to show at 5 stacks and you'll never miss it again.
    Or use ShockAndAwe. Whatever floats your boat.

FYI about preceding post, that's going to get nerfed in 3.2.

/cast Exorcism /stopcasting macro

The intent is that macro will not work in 3.2 (for Ret paladins or Enhancement shamans). The intent is that you have to push the button at the right time, not just have the game push the button for you all the time.

Stopcasting a spell in this manner should reset your swing timer (at least for those two classes). We're not 100% sure at this time how the fix will work, but that's the intent or we would not have made this change. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by seanj0
    is it possible to create a lightning bolt macro that will only cast if you have 5 MW up?

my eye is quicker than my brain and occasionally i'm too quick on the draw.
    There are a few ways you can get around this.

Method 1. Use an addon, like Shock and Awe (which I don't, but it's a great addon), or Shaman Friend, which will tell you when maelstrom weapon is ready.

Method 2. Make very minor left and right strafing movements. If you don't have 5 stacks, it won't ever start the cast, which will prevent you from resetting your swing timer.

Method 3. Check out some of the various macro and script forums. Macros will check for if yes/if no conditions, so theoretically, it's possible that a macro could check the condition of "IF MAELSTROM WEAPON STACKS = 5, THEN LIGHTNING BOLT." Whether or not Blizz has programmed the conditionals to check maelstrom weapon stacks is the question (and I doubt they have). As I'm writing this, I'm recalling that wowwiki.com has a section for WoW macros, that definitively lists which conditionals can and cannot be checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Method 3. Check out some of the various macro and script forums. Macros will check for if yes/if no conditions, so theoretically, it's possible that a macro could check the condition of "IF MAELSTROM WEAPON STACKS = 5, THEN LIGHTNING BOLT." Whether or not Blizz has programmed the conditionals to check maelstrom weapon stacks is the question (and I doubt they have). As I'm writing this, I'm recalling that wowwiki.com has a section for WoW macros, that definitively lists which conditionals can and cannot be checked.
    Conditionals were removed from macros and addons very very early in WoW days. I think 1.4 or 1.5 or something. Back then some clever people had written addons that reduced certain classes to 1 button. Using conditionals people could run around spamming 1 button and they'd perform perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynos
    Conditionals were removed from macros and addons very very early in WoW days. I think 1.4 or 1.5 or something. Back then some clever people had written addons that reduced certain classes to 1 button. Using conditionals people could run around spamming 1 button and they'd perform perfectly.
    That's not true, at all. My current mount macro (script) uses a conditional to check whether I'm in Dalaran or not.

What was removed, was the ability to cast more than one spell/action, with a single click.

Conditionals are very much alive and well in macros. (read "macros" as to include scripts)

15+ Year Old Account

That's not true, at all. My current mount macro (script) uses a conditional to check whether I'm in Dalaran or not.

What was removed, was the ability to cast more than one spell/action, with a single click.

Conditionals are very much alive and well in macros. (read "macros" as to include scripts)
    It is true, but only during combat. Conditionals were removed from being combat due to addons like HealBot and Decursive and Defend(would attack any mob that attacked you, so you could AFK without worry of dying if you could just autoattack anything around you to kill it.

Conditional macros still work outside of combat.

Shock and Awe and Shaman Friend are really nice macros, but last time I used them, probably few months ago, you do get that 5 Stack Maelstrom weapon announcement, BUT I'd recommend some addon that show's the number of stacks with a nice big number wherever you want, that way you can be ready at the 4 stacks to click the lightning bolt (at the 5th stack) much more faster! (least that's how it works for me)
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

PowerAuras or just get Elkano's Buff Bars and forget about all buff-debuff tracking problems coz EBB can show it all perfectly. 8)

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

As the poster after you clarified, conditionals in combat.
    I didn't think I'd have to specify.
    Since I do:
    Combat conditionals were removed long ago.

As the poster after you clarified, conditionals in combat.
    I didn't think I'd have to specify.
    Since I do:
    Combat conditionals were removed long ago.
    semi correct ... there still are conditionals, even in combat but these ones are more general ... like
    combat, harm, help, nodead ... blah ...

but there are no conditionals (anymore) that check for certain buff stacks, palyer/mob health %, lowest health, cooldowns, spell "xyz" used, etc.

@OP: for your purpose: no there is now way of writing such a macro
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Deleted

Not at all true. What you mean is that scripting was removed from macros in patch 2.0 at the exact same time the conditionals were added.

This then meant that it was no longer possible to use an addon to make a decision IN COMBAT based on mana, health, stacks of MW (didn't exist in 2.0 but still its a game state) etc. ie: anything that wasn't pre-determined before the fight couldn't be macroed or activated by an addon. This is precisely why ShockAndAwe displays a priority frame to give the user info but cannot make the button clickable. The actions of a button cannot change during combat. Nor can you move them around in combat thus preventing things like stacking them one on top of the other and making the one you need to click on top.

ie: Addons and macros cannot make decisions based on the game state.

Quote Originally Posted by k0nker
    It is true, but only during combat. Conditionals were removed from being combat due to addons like HealBot and Decursive and Defend(would attack any mob that attacked you, so you could AFK without worry of dying if you could just autoattack anything around you to kill it.

Conditional macros still work outside of combat.
    And this is just plain wrong too. Conditional macros work INSIDE combat too.

Try the following

/cast [harm] Earth Shock; [target=targettarget,harm] Earth Shock

that's got a conditional and works perfectly in combat its my Earth Shock button. It does an earth shock on my target or my targets target eg: I target a friendly player and can still shock their target.

So conditionals working INSIDE combat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    PowerAuras or just get Elkano's Buff Bars and forget about all buff-debuff tracking problems coz EBB can show it all perfectly. 8)
    I LOVE PowerAuras. It is somewhat confusing at first, but you can find a video on youtube from Redmist which explains how to set it up for maelstrom to make it very easy to see when you have stacks and how many you have. You can also do it for basically any buff in any way you want. I suggest looking in to that, but that's just me. ShockandAwe is a great addon which would help as well, whatever floats your boat .