Beacon Of Light changes in 3.2

When reading the patch notes a question came to my mind.
    If you cast BoL and Sacred Shield on the tank and start healing the raid with Flash of Light does the HoT effect also triggers on the tank or not.
    If it works like this get the T9 4P Bonus as quick as possible and just spam FoL in the raid ^^

Re: Beacon Of Light changes in 3.2

The way you are thinking about it, even if it did work, would still put a single hot on the tank.
    Having many people with the hot ticking in the raid while the tank is beaconed is what you meant to ask.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

No, it doesn't work.

Why?

Because the tank will get healed by Beacon of Light and not Flash of Light. Therefore, even though the tank has Sacred Shield, he will not get the HoT from Flash of Light unless you cast Flash of Light on him.

In other words, in order for your target to receive the HoT from Flash of Light, they have to have a sacred shield up on them (doesn't have to proc and it doesn't matter who casts sacred shield on them) and they have to receive a direct Flash of Light heal from a paladin.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Thanks for the answers. I was afraid it will not work but the idea was sweet imho. So like melonberry said the smartest use will be distributing the HoT over the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatore
    So like melonberry said the smartest use will be distributing the HoT over the raid.
    I wouldn't call that the smartest use because you would have to cast Sacred Shield before you cast Flash of Light on each raid member, which is probably the least time and mana efficient way to heal the raid.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

When im healing i plan on ss on tank, flash on tank, heal the raid until they run out and repeat