Changes to Crusader Strike and new glyph perhaps??

So they reduced the mana cost to CS to 5% down from 8%. This will solve our mana problems, as it's roughly equivalent to 33% drop in mana cost to go along with the 33% drop in cooldown.

Now, this opens the door to a question: Will the Crusader Strike glyph stay the same, reducing mana cost by 20%, or now that they have reduced it already, will they decide to give the CS glyph more flavor? Perhaps, just maybe, they might add a debuff to CS through the glyph that matches to leaked CS changes about a magic debuff.

Re: Changes to Crusader Strike and new glyph perhaps??

To me, it sounds like making the glyph to strong .. From a sucky one to a great one? Doubt it ..

I wouldnt be suprise that "glyph of crusade strike" gets old version of "glyph of excorcism" "interupt" utility, so that blizard can screw our decisions about glyphs more

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken
    I wouldnt be suprise that "glyph of crusade strike" gets old version of "glyph of excorcism" "interupt" utility, so that blizard can screw our decisions about glyphs more
    I don't really think they'd do that. It would essentially give us an interrupt every 4 seconds OFF the GCD. That would be a little ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account

Probably will become the "new" Seal of Blood glyph, giving the paladin mana equal to X% of the damage caused.

thats the new seal of command glyph

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    too bad we wont use seal of command in raid

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    Blood was used in and designed for PvE, and hence was it's glyph.

Command

and i was only saying that to say that we wont get mana return on cs perunding

I sincerely doubt that Command will remain the only spell in this discussion that has a mana glyph.

Reasoning:
    By their plan, SoV/SoCorr is the new pve seal, pulling as much autoattack dps as command, plus the dot ticks. with mana at a premium (I haven't seen how my bar acts with the reduced cost), it is likely that at least one glyph for a 'pve' or generic (pve/vp) will include mana regen.

Additionally, SoCommand, despite its earlier setup time (no 5/5 before high autoattack dps, and max judge damage instantly), is not finding its way into many hotbars for pvp. the delay is, in general, worth the extra dps vengeance affords, both in judgement and seal.

Thus, I find it somewhat likely that glyph/CS will either adopt the role that glyph/SoB previously held (equating to regen of mana equal to 1.1%ish of damage dealt), or will keep its 20% cost reduction.

However, I sincerely doubt that glyphCS will be the path to any of the pvp utility ret will need to recover and re-enter the pvp scene in full (2v2 and higher is nigh impossible at most gear/skill levels)

In deeper analysis, CS will probably not be the method for applying ANY utility effects, because of the short CD. utility effects, glyphed or no, are typically attached to longer CD attacks, 5s and up. That's not to say it won't; it is simply more likely that utilities will come from judgement or exo.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    In deeper analysis, CS will probably not be the method for applying ANY utility effects, because of the short CD. utility effects, glyphed or no, are typically attached to longer CD attacks, 5s and up. That's not to say it won't; it is simply more likely that utilities will come from judgement or exo.
    I just wanted to point out over power gets talented down to 1 sec and same with revenge, and if taleneted either 50% reduced spell damage/heal or stun respectively

i do hope for some pvp utility, i dont mind poping mana pots in raids or being with a resto shammy for Mana tide