shouldn't people play what they prefer?

blizz is forcing us to play 3v3 and 5v5,i find this stupid.
    who dislike 2v2 will play 3v3 or 5v5,who like 2v2 will play 2v2
    i don't understand why in a funbased game im being forced to play 3v3 or 5v5

who play 3v3 agree with the changes because they now will find more players and 2v2 players are fkd

Re: shouldn't people play what they prefer?

We need to know your class before you have any ethos.

It's because they've given up on balancing 2v2. A good example (imo) is the ret paladin post 3.2, who has to choose between taking a MS DPS with him to 2s and praying they can burst down someone despite their burst nerf and resil buff OR taking a healer with him who will probably go OOM because the other team will have an MS debuff.

Yeah... it sucks, but Bliz is what it is.
    Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf paper, scissors are ok.
    Sincerely,
    rock

2v2 was class based fights. If you are a paladin and a dps near you you will probably win agains melee teams. If you are a priest+rogue team, you will again probably win if your rogue is skillfull.But in 3v3 and 5v5 target changing cc ing silencing are the most important factors which needs more awareness and skill which is more fun. 5v5 was just unnecessary cuz no I plays 5v5 in high ratings or 2-3 teams play which causes if you loose a team you will probably again loose because of the setup. I think you shall forget about 2v2 and look at the future 3v3 will be MUST
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

You're not being forced to play. You can always withhold your $15 to make a statement. However, as has been noted blizz can't balance 2v2. They gave up on 1v1 years ago stating the game isn't balanced on 1v1. So I guess the smallest group to balance for is 3s. Give it another year or two and we'll probably be "forced" to play 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by TankVX
    blizz is forcing us to play 3v3 and 5v5
    Yepp, pvp sucks ... and to be done quickly ppl just play 2x2 leaving the others empty.
    <sarcasm>Blizz has the choice to delete pvp or force you to do different things </sarcasm>
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Similarly, I'd love to have 2-man and 3-man instances, and I want progression to work on tiers like raids. Me and my bff will instance all the time and it'll be magical.

Snark aside, Blizz has to pick its fights. Balancing 2v2 is only going to happen through more homogenized classes, which is basically why they've dropped it from being 'under the microscope'.

Personally I think there's another route they could take, and actually balance it without homogenizing too much, but they seem unwilling to approach it. Basically, MS is a -50%- debuff. Almost nothing like it exists in the game. It's like if they had an attack which, guaranteed, did 50% of someone's HP in damage. That kind of scaling doesn't exist because it's generally absurd.

Because MS damage (the incidental damage that occurs as a result of a heal landing on a target with MS) does not get scaled down by resilience like all other damage, as resilience increases, so to does MS.

Problem with this? MS is a powerful effect without any resilience at all. The further we gear, the stronger healers get, the more potent it is. Whether the devs want to fully acknowledge it or not, MS is basically the reason they can't balance 2s.

Think of it this way: MS halves the strength of a healer. Or, put another way, the lack of MS doubles the strength of a healer.

So, suppose we have 2 teams, both healer+DPS.
    Team1: Healer1, Ret
    Team2: Healer2, Arms warrior

From the perspective of the arms warrior, the enemy has 1 healer and 1 dps. From the perspective of the ret pally, the enemy has 2 healers 1 dps. This isn't exactly accurate, since that would also mean like, the healer had 100% haste and twice as many cooldowns, etc. But it isn't -that- far off, in terms of healing throughput.

And that's the problem.
    If you have MS, all your fights are 2v2.
    If you don't have MS, your fights are more like 2.5v2 or 3v2, with you being on the smaller team.

How do you balance that without giving non-MS people insane burst? You don't.

pve and pvp will never be balanced since the each class is different from others.

is just oltrageous forcing people to play a format who them dislike,i wnt play 2v2 wtf

Quote Originally Posted by generalanders
    You're not being forced to play. You can always withhold your $15 to make a statement. However, as has been noted blizz can't balance 2v2. They gave up on 1v1 years ago stating the game isn't balanced on 1v1. So I guess the smallest group to balance for is 3s. Give it another year or two and we'll probably be "forced" to play 5s.
    which is funny because 3s is the LEAST balanced comp based bracket in the game right now... I'm sure that 25% (with 2nd place falling to a jumble of cleave teams at 5-6%) representation for RMP is just because of all the super skilled ninja mages and rogues, right?
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

No one is stopping you from playing 2v2.

honestly someone said something about mortal strike. notice the classes missing mortal strike have either alot of burst or alot of cc? 2v2 was dominated by three types of teams. healer/burst healer/ms double dps of any combination of cc burst ms. as a prolly nothing is more frustrating than mage/rogue in twos. counterspell high damage output from both rogue ms and alot of cc from both made healing my dk a total nightmare. another crazy team was elemental shaman boomkin. the thing about twos was it was balanced. there were several different strategies and every class had at least one option for 2v2. the only class i feel was underpowered in twos this season was warlock and the overpowered would have to be ret burst and rogue damage. classes with ms should do approximately 75 percent the damage of classes without. granted classes with spammable cc should only be able to do 75 percent the damage of classes without. one could also argue that classes with heals should only be able to do 75 percent of the damage without. so the only class without a spammable cc mortal strike or heals is...... lol only one i can think of is a deathknight. nope nvm ghoul sac and deathstrike. hmm im gonna make a new post. for those of you who only play twos. find another friend and make a healer/ms/cc team and get 2k rating
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    No one is stopping you from playing 2v2.
    Word!

Also the ones who whine about this is the ones who are too poo to play 3v3 and just faceroll 2v2s. Basically you're just whining because the game will get harder for you. Just like you have QQ'ed the game into what it currently is; A game for whiners, who needs to get their will 24/7.

Deleted

Most 2v2 2000+ teams have a 3v3 and 5v5 around 2000+ also...those who only are able to make it high on 2v2 should consider the idea of they being an overpowered class or if they are actually skilled.

You can still do 2v2 for fun and 90% of players tell me that they play for fun (untill epics are involved /sigh), so whats your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TankVX
    blizz is forcing us to play 3v3 and 5v5,i find this stupid.
    who dislike 2v2 will play 3v3 or 5v5,who like 2v2 will play 2v2
    i don't understand why in a funbased game im being forced to play 3v3 or 5v5

who play 3v3 agree with the changes because they now will find more players and 2v2 players are fkd
    You are not forced to play. Simple solution with 3 easy steps. Ok dont miss any of them ok?
    1. Exit game
    2. ???
    3. Click

and your out.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    One reason is because these hard core gamer have perfence like forst mage is a good PvP spec since Pre-TBC, THIS IS ALSO WHY SO LIKE RET have so less in first 100 BUT TONS(in fact it have the highist pop) of ret in 2200 and above.

Also blizz spend most of the time before to try to balance 2v2.
    So you should give them time to try balance 3v3.

What the fuck is this incoherent , unreadable gibberish?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    which is funny because 3s is the LEAST balanced comp based bracket in the game right now... I'm sure that 25% (with 2nd place falling to a jumble of cleave teams at 5-6%) representation for RMP is just because of all the super skilled ninja mages and rogues, right?
    One reason is because these hard core gamer have prefence.For example forst mage is a good PvP spec since Pre-TBC, so pro gamer will countine to play them.
    Another example is that Ret paladin have lower Pop in Sk-100 but, the most highest in 2200 rating and above. This is because ret wasn't a popular PvP spec until Wotlk and hard core pally still countine to play Holy.

Also blizz spend most of the time before to try to balance 2v2.
    So you should give them some time to balance 3v3.