Thread: The Next bg

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Next bg

if BLIZZARD wants ppl to stop farming hk's in bgs they should have a bg FOR IT.
    In WSG 60hk's = more honor than opponennt no matter what the outcome.
    AB 60hk's = more honor than opponennt no matter what the outcome.
    EOTS 60hk's = more honor than opponennt no matter what the outcome.
    AV BORRING. I've had many av's where there was 0 hk's in 15 minut games, av was the best when it tutrled in the strife.
    Strands omg alliance allways starting kill me know.
    Wintergrasp= unbalanced server pop= one side having tenacity every time its up

The new bg, looks fun but siege pvp is boring. Roll a moonkin to starfire enh sham to windfurry one shot priests. Great a bg thats actualy further away from what ppl want.

Back in higschool we had a game called king of the hill. Basiclay get on the hill and push every1 off.

The next bg should be King Of the Hill

Basicly a round map 2 gy on opposite sides and a point system like eots. However the only way to score point for your faction is to stand in the middle.
    This would work. it would get hk famrers out of the other battle grounds. It would promote BLIZZARD's point of Alliance vs Horde. JUST DO IT

Re: The Next bg

good call. i would like to see a survival = honor bg. a 40v40 man where the last man standing wins the bg for his faction. you die, you're out but can be a spectator.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

Sounds a tad simplistic and seems to cater to knockback effects too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by viovio
    good call. i would like to see a survival = honor bg. a 40v40 man where the last man standing wins the bg for his faction. you die, you're out but can be a spectator.
    all i know is we'd end up with resto druid v. resto druid and we'd be "spectating" for upwards of 2456543 hours.
    but it would still be hilarious and awesome.

OT: I would like to see a BG like this, too many ppl think this is the point of WSG, so i'd like to see one where it actually is. The King of the Hill thing is meh, but maybe something LIKE that, where it would just be a really small map where you'd respawn and have 5 secs to buff before getting dropped into the fray. Again, simplistic, again, hilarious =P
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

I like the idea of a King of the Hill BG and I like the whole 40v40 bg. I actually used to joke when Arena first came out too do a 40v40 arena. (LOL)

For another added idea to the KotH idea, I play gears of war quite a bit and in that if ur team controls the hill, ur team cant respawn untill the other team takes control. I think if that aspect was thrown in there it would be pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    This would prolly be the only problem, but i kinda like the simplicity of it all

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    thats the point its hk based not objective based.

the main qq i hear from ppl
    1. ppl fighting in the mid
    2. ppl fighting on the road
    3. leave the flag alone 3 towers is greater
    4. i dont even see alliance horde in av
    5. fall back to yellow nvr mind to late we lose

problems 1,2,3 and 5 will be solved by getting hk farmers out of objective based bg's
    and it will create a bg where its normal to see 100+ hk's in short amount of time.

As for av BLIZZARD KILLED IT
    In bc u cudnt really zerg the boss however since the OMG PALY patch dps has been to great and the boss get killed to easily.
    Re-inforcments was the best addition to av however the alliance boycott 40 min q's and now the 25 man geared tank taking the boss down with all towers up theres really no point playing.
    And a bg where u fight npc's not ppl is not a bg at all.

wondering why no one has noticed the huge flaw in this King of the Hill idea...forget knockbacks all this bg boils down to is AOE classes aoeing the middle spot tell everyone is dead than taking it and just constant aoe to get points, how is that any fun? Not to mention imagin the lag most people would get from that many people smushed into such a small space all casting shit...

ur thinking of a 10 yard radius : sumthing like a 40-50 yard think of wsg from tunnel to tunnel and the area in the middle. also u wont be standing on a post u get knocked out run back in. as for the lag wow ur internet must be bad, havnt u had a wsg where the both times met in the middle tryn to kill the efc or ab farming the alliance gy.

also aoe in bg really?? its hard enough killing a skilled peepz one on one are u really gonna stand there and hurricane a warrior?

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, the idea of just "Last Man Standing" would be fun..
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

I think they should make alliance and horde spawn right next to each other, and then they have to have an all out war against each other. the last person standing wins. but they should have to fight on top of a pillar 7yds in diameter, and you only have 3mins to kill the other teamm

I like the idea it is nice and simple but
    Quote Originally Posted by z8472
    wondering why no one has noticed the huge flaw in this King of the Hill idea...forget knockbacks all this bg boils down to is AOE classes aoeing the middle spot tell everyone is dead than taking it and just constant aoe to get points, how is that any fun? Not to mention imagin the lag most people would get from that many people smushed into such a small space all casting shit...
    could be a problem...atleast if it is a 40v40....imo it should be a 25v25 or something ...but if it was to be a 40man thing then you would definately have a large hk#s but also the death toll would be huge...idk about yall but when i die more than 5 times rather quickly its not fun anymore unless your dicking around(which i do do alot ;D) but i also think that there should be like a bounty system in some of the bgs like AB... something along the lines of the person(2) with either the most hks, healing, obj points(ill get back to this) and dmg should get a buff in dmg like 5% nothing ridiculus but if you kill them then you get bonus honor and they obviously lose the buff and they're bounty.....back to obj points i think there needs to be more of for those that are into that sort of thing(like me from time to time)idk something like doing the quest in av lets say but in every bg.

I guess ppl want the kill streak thingy in dota? that would be pretty cool like whoever is pwning gets a skull raid icon that enemy see's and guns for.

^^....right and back to my bounty system, you should have a minimum threshold for each stat/death or something

What about a protect the faction boss BG? But the boss is actually the raid leader. Once he/she dies, its over. Give them a huge buff, like 1000%hp or maginified healing received. Then make the 2 teams hunt for him in a crazy hedge maze!
    4 8 15 16 24 32

^^^ i like that a protect the president (recess game brings back memories) i dont like the crazy hedhog maze tho :-X i think they need a multi layered cave bg or something where you have to find and destroy an artifact and it is placed somewhere random in the other factions area of the cave or level with mini bosses that are spread around the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by viovio
    Get a group with a lot of people who can stealth.
    Join the game.
    Lulz when the other team can't find you and you force a turtle.

Last man standing games would never work.

maybe a real life scenario. ie: theres a burning building and babies are falling from the windows. whoever catches the most babies wins! your vehicle is a shopping cart will pillows. you can also help fan the flames of the opposing factions building.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

15+ Year Old Account

First to make 500/1000 kills wins. Nothing more, Nothing special. Just PvP, that's what I want to see.
    40 man ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    First to make 500/1000 kills wins. Nothing more, Nothing special. Just PvP, that's what I want to see.
    40 man ofcourse.
    Basically the best way to do it. Oh, and blood. Implement blood.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

Booty Bay Bash --
    20 vs 20 BG. alliance res at the bank, horde in the port authority. each side has 800 resources. the guards are all drunk. Think mario kart, sans carts, plus large weapons, real damage, and no racetrack...oh, and you can pick up the guards and they explode like sappers...?
    No vehicles.
    kill.

Gilneas Grind --
    25 vs 25 BG. map larger than AV, all city terrain, including sewers and balconied buildings (LoS and caster spots).
    1 large castle on either side of the map, heavily walled.
    Every 2m, a new hill is called. every 4 hill caps, a Herald calls out for one side or the other to go on D in their own keep (effectively, the 5th Hill and 10th Hill of the 10 caps are the player bases.)
    Each cap is worth an increasing value of win points -- 5000 points wins, with cap points starting at 50pts and ending at 1000 pts.

Only vehicles are mounts, similar to tournament ones.

CoT Stromgarde --
    40v40 -- map expanded to AV size.
    Time-warpy sh*t happened, stromgarde's battle got erased. basically King of the hill, except that the 'hill' is a boss. kills called every 8m. side gains win points from killing bosses, saving their own, and killing enemy players. resources set at 1k beginning.