Thread: PVP question

PVP question

I am going to ding 80 at some point this week and will be raiding enh. I will also be doing some arena with a retri pala m8 what would be the best class to duel spec was thinking resto but seen some comments that ele is doing ok....

Re: PVP question

go ele for raiding and ele for PVP... your gonna get gibbed anyways so you might as well do some damage. Just play defensively.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Stack as much resi as possible and get on a team that understands you may need help getting away from that rogue.

Don't listen to the immense whining on this forum. There are plenty of 2.3k+ rated shaman out there it's a matter of playing correctly and faith in your partners to assist you.

Quote Originally Posted by k-shaman
    Stack as much resi as possible and get on a team that understands you may need help getting away from that rogue.

Don't listen to the immense whining on this forum. There are plenty of 2.3k+ rated shaman out there it's a matter of playing correctly and faith in your partners to assist you.
    Even with 915 resil i still drop quite fast to heavy hitting melees but at least now its healable. I recommend playing with a Paladin of some form... HOF is godly for us.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Thanks fop rthr tips i am going to try ele as healing is not really my thing also i will be playing with a retri pala so all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Toffee
    Thanks fop rthr tips i am going to try ele as healing is not really my thing also i will be playing with a retri pala so all good!
    np, you have to play really defensively though. People will zerg you, drop fire nova totem early to make sure to get the stun off and take full advantage of thunderstorm on places like BEA and Dal arena where you can knock people off edges to force them to run around the long way giving you time to heal.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Forget that ele noise.

Enhancement has crazy tools to stay alive, if you know how to use them, even a ret catching you in a HoJ with a DK or warrior buddy won't gib you. You won't do as much damage as ele, but you will stay alive a LOT longer. So, in that sense, you'll do a LOT more damage than ele. Enhancement and ret has far more synergy in 2s than ele and ret does. It's still pretty hairy, but at least you aren't royally screwed once earthbind, TS, and freedom are gone. Shockbox has a 2500 rated enh/ret video from the shaman's perspective on WCMovies, check it out. Yay, cleave.

Post patch, burst specs are being hit, survival specs are being buffed, to my knowledge. Advantage enhancement. Not only do they survive far better, but they have the needed extra interrupt (wolf bash) to take down healers. I've already seen FNT stun into wolf stun into shock into FNT take people down, you can almost stunlock like a rogue after a bit of practice.

Wolves, earthen power, and frozen power are all OP, not many people know it yet though. I promise you there's gonna be people bitching next patch about the next FotM though, enhancement shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Forget that ele noise.

Enhancement has crazy tools to stay alive, if you know how to use them, even a ret catching you in a HoJ with a DK or warrior buddy won't gib you. You won't do as much damage as ele, but you will stay alive a LOT longer. So, in that sense, you'll do a LOT more damage than ele. Enhancement and ret has far more synergy in 2s than ele and ret does. It's still pretty hairy, but at least you aren't royally screwed once earthbind, TS, and freedom are gone. Shockbox has a 2500 rated enh/ret video from the shaman's perspective on WCMovies, check it out. Yay, cleave.

Post patch, burst specs are being hit, survival specs are being buffed, to my knowledge. Advantage enhancement. Not only do they survive far better, but they have the needed extra interrupt (wolf bash) to take down healers. I've already seen FNT stun into wolf stun into shock into FNT take people down, you can almost stunlock like a rogue after a bit of practice.

Wolves, earthen power, and frozen power are all OP, not many people know it yet though. I promise you there's gonna be people bitching next patch about the next FotM though, enhancement shaman.

outside of shamanistic rage, what is there? Consider astral shift an improved version of that... I know the wolves heal but if you're being focused by an MS class you're going to drop, at least ele has more tools to keep them off of you while throwing around some happy big numbers (imp EBT, stun from fire nova tot and TS).

Edit: That being said though... enh shams are going to be a serious pita with imp gw form. I think they are going to see a growing niche in the form of ranged killers because they are going to be COMPLETELY un-kitable. Only problem is... melees are the ones dominating now so that just sort of exacerbates the problem the existing problem of ranged not being able to live vs melees and strengthens cleave teams by adding another no-ms dps to the mix. Blizz already said that ranged survivability was too low because of them not being able to use their survivability tools against melees because of immunities (whirlwind, clos+sprint, HOF, druids shifting and now GW form). I seriously cant freaking wait to kite around DKs/rogues/wars! (though the tidal waves changes make me cry a little).
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend