Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best 3rd partner with affli + resto druid in 3.2

As blizz retarded decision to make 2v2 useless in 3.2, me and my resto druid partner are looking for what seems the best class to play 3v3 with in 3.2. We are both thinking of a rogue, as DKs are getting nerfed again in 3.2, DK>warriors in versatility, etc... We would like to hear your opinion, maybe we are wrong, who knows. Please let us know what class you think would be best to play with in a 3v3 combo. Especially in 3.2 so mind the patch notes.

Re: Best 3rd partner with affli + resto druid in 3.2

if u specc destro, u can take another brust class, like ele shamy (hybrid heal for ur druid/heroism/totems) or mage.
    if u stay affli and if u have decent gear, tanke something with MS. rogue might not me best case, take arms warri or a good hunter.
    if u want to outlast the fight and play something like "drain'n'stay alive" take a ret pally. he can save all of u vs burst/drain.
    so...dk/allfi/heal work great well, but i would take the ret pally!

affli lock, warr and druid, is this s4 all over again?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by TiBuRoN
    if u specc destro, u can take another brust class, like ele shamy (hybrid heal for ur druid/heroism/totems) or mage.
    if u stay affli and if u have decent gear, tanke something with MS. rogue might not me best case, take arms warri or a good hunter.
    if u want to outlast the fight and play something like "drain'n'stay alive" take a ret pally. he can save all of u vs burst/drain.
    Wow nice typing bro.

Anyways, not really good to plan ahead for a new patch on a comp so much when patch notes aren't final and who knows what will be good.

If you're interested in comps to play now, try either a war/dk/rogue. Each class works well with a warlock so give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TiBuRoN

take a ret pally. he can save all of u vs burst/drain.
    How can a ret pally save me vs all of us vs the burst? Thats an important aspect of the class im looking for, but isnt a Dk better for that? With his deathgrip, 100% snare, and shock-like interupts, isnt he a lot better than pallies who only have a large cooldown stun and bubble.

I have a more defensive playstyle and im planning to stack up like 900+ resi with the 3.2 resi change.

WLD will be back in full force, inflame to take blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordace
    How can a ret pally save me vs all of us vs the burst? Thats an important aspect of the class im looking for, but isnt a Dk better for that? With his deathgrip, 100% snare, and shock-like interupts, isnt he a lot better than pallies who only have a large cooldown stun and bubble.

I have a more defensive playstyle and im planning to stack up like 900+ resi with the 3.2 resi change.
    Hand of Protection, Hand of Sacrifice, Hand of Freedom, Divine Sacrifice, plus heals, dispels, and Hammer of Justice + Repentance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

if pally pops Hand of Sacrifice and Divine Sacrifice he takes 30%dmg and cannot be in sheep etc. so he can heal/dispell and keep you alive.

thanks for all the advice!

Afflic/Ret/Resto looks solid next patch as Rets can work with SoV/Cor in such a comp, very strong dots ticks, very hard to get off too.

SoV/Cor Judgement damage is huge too, I imagine all the locks dots + moonfire/insect swarm/holy vengeance 5 would be a nightmare to take off and enough to kill someone all over twice without help, now add the pally on top hitting for Weapon + Strike + 33% wep damage proc and judging 5/7k again and some clueless idiot Cycloned/feared/repentanced into oblivion.

Offsets MS imo.

you need an exceptional arms warrior

your comp mainly feeds on RMP but it requires your warrior to be able to effectively spell reflect their mage all the time, this is achieved with focusing the mage and having a spell reflect macro+ focus charge/intercepts or intervening someone taking dmg to break the sheep

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

get another Afflic LOTS OF DOTS
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamefailed
    you need an exceptional arms warrior

your comp mainly feeds on RMP but it requires your warrior to be able to effectively spell reflect their mage all the time, this is achieved with focusing the mage and having a spell reflect macro+ focus charge/intercepts or intervening someone taking dmg to break the sheep
    and what about the rogue then? he'll kick my ass, and the priest will burn the druid all the way

serious pls

15+ Year Old Account

Kinda sounds like Shadowplay to me.

Which is Shadow / Affliction / Resto Shaman (for totems pretty much), but Resto Druid would work very well too - maybe better even honestly.

Shadowplay is a very powerful comp but is very difficult to play properly.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

and what about the rogue then? he'll kick my ass, and the priest will burn the druid all the way
    the warriors job is to defend the druid+ warlock till all of the rmp's main defensive CD's are down, as well as go for a bladestorm shitstomp if the rmp accidentally bunches up piercing howl then do it with a sweeping strikes for maximum rape.

use healthy numbers of intercepts and make sure you hamstring everyone you can get your hands on. Also a disarm on the rogue or a well timed intervene can end with you getting KS'd or CS'd instead of the warlock which is very prefered. Also the lock must make sure he watches if the warrior is sheeped and eats the sheep with his felpuppy

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    I was serious

I'd say with a rogue would work the best, that or a warrior.

Why don't you want to go destro? those 10k chaos bolts are fun.
    I hate the destro playstyle, on top of that nefs keeps coming. I hated destro from the start already tbh. And Ill never be as good with destro as im with affli now

beast master hunter if you go destro
    unccable with beastial wrath and a ton of burst. if you go destro nothing can heal through the damage with a mortal strike and dots on it.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Actually ret/lock/druid can be a good comp. Cleanse, Freedoms, and Sacrifice spells add some really good longevity to the team. Between fear and cyclone CC rotations and well placed hammers and repents there is a lot of control.

You could play with most any melee class and be good though imo.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Do not look at my post numbers on this forum and giggle what I will say . Believe or not get a retri geared prot pala/prot warrior near you.
    Plus sides of paladin:
    They can do like 5k 6k dmgs. They can heal you with holy shock which heals 6k.
    They can stun every 20 sec for 6 sec. it gives him 14 sec healing which can be filled easily with cyclone and fear and pet silence. CC their healer with silence. While you are dotting all the targets and life tapping easily, you dot the healer to the end and turn other dps who annoy you most. it is really hard by single target healers to heal(priest paladin cant heal that much dmg) only druids with big spell up can heal those kind of dmg with pre hotting = oom...
    Then paladin can bubble you or your druid.We know rogues are the far best killers of resto druids but! = blessing of freedom on druid will give the druid to erase Wound poison(YES IM PLAYING RESTO DRUID AND I AM OUT HEALING BEST GEARED ROGUES WITH ONLY MY THORNS WITHOUT USING INNERVATE).
    20 sec hoj cd = dont worry.
    Lets come plus side of warriors. They can stun cc silence with their immune crit def caps. 34k hp. They can be rooted easily but they have reflect which will make you free from mages.(every idiot team trying rmp and yes they are op)

So think about both even try 40-50 matches with them. You won't regret.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow