Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Titanium Ore - Sell it or stock it ?

For anyone not a jewelcrafter, I would sell them. There's other benefits to jewelcrafter than the pure gems.

The Titanium Dust allows us to get the new recipes faster, and it's the recipes that'll matter in the end!

Oh im not sure what to do..I got 40 stacks, one stack si around 145g atm on Neptulon eu, perhaps is a bit little more, because today is saturday, but i have a friend jc who will prospect gems for no problem..even i need only 80 more skll on my alt to prospect it my self..but the big problem is im not sure to sell it or save it ..damn ???
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Cidis
    Farm and sell because you will be able to buy epic uncuts with 10 emblems in 3.2, which would drop the price of titanium ore.
    Only The Orange, Green and Purple will be 10 emblems, red, blue and yellow will be 20

Bump 10 minutes later, sorry ppl tomorrow im going for 15 days vacation and patch can be released soon i think so im not sure sell or save these 40 stacks titanium ;<<

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Bump 10 minutes later, sorry ppl tomorrow im going for 15 days vacation and patch can be released soon i think so im not sure sell or save these 40 stacks titanium ;<<
    read the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    read the thread?
    On my server things are really diffrent trust meh..

Sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolainz
    I'd sell them. Everyone is saving badges so they can get the epic gems and rush to the AH. I doubt we'll see any epic gems above 100g after the first week, AH will be flooded with them.
    This might be true, but after reading this thread nobody has mentioned that this patch also brings T9...
    That means that yea everyone will replace their 1st set of gems for epics, but what is going to happen 6 weeks into 3.2?
    Raiders/Glads will start replacing their Uld epics for Col Epics, which means there will be a higher supply for epic gems again.
    So I predinc a high influx of gems week1 on AH, but by week X, when people have used up all their "free" tokens for gems, they will have to turn to the AH for their new cuts in their shiny new gear ;D
    Can you say Ka-Ching?!

it is worth saving.
    When the patch hit's everyone will have new gems.. Even the nablets will spend all the gold they get from their daily quests to "fit in" as a good geared player.

there have been some extremely informative posts that most of you are all like LOL TL;DR!

seriously just go back read the longer post and you have your answer

SAVE YOUR TITANIUM

Either: save it for patch day so u get epic gems (MANY people doing it so prices might go down too early for u to make much profit

Or: Sell the Ore at AH, u make less money than selling gems but more sales.

Or u can give it to me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ishwar-Area52
    As you can see I play on the Area 52 server which is one of the most packed servers in the game.
    I have been a Jewelcrafter since before I started raiding in BC and since then have sold nearly 3,000,000 gold in gems through the auction house. Back in BC I was averaging 15,000 gold a day in sales with an overall 25-35% in profit depending on the daily market scenario. Unfortunately this has dropped considerably since WOTLK hit because epic gems were not installed. I could not be more excited about Blizzard bringing them back since my day to day sales without them is significantly lower, only around 6-8k per day.
    The reason I am posting on this thread is not to boast about how cool it is to play wow or own large amounts of wow gold, especially considering if anything is more likely true it’s the opposite.
    I am posting on this thread because there is a significant amount of misinformation I would like to briefly answer through my own personal experience in this market.

I currently have over a bank tab of Titanium Ore waiting to be prospected when 3.2 hits and I’m constantly saving for more before it launchs.
    Here is why I suggest you do the same and if nothing less don't sell the ore you currently have as a jewelcrafter.

The proc rate for epic gems from what I have seen is the same with titanium in relation to epic gems as it is to saronite ore in relation to blue gems. You can proc double epic gems from one prospect and you can also proc just as many blue gems while always getting a green as usual.
    It may be true that epic gems will be plentiful in that you can gain them through dailies, transmutations, badges, honor, icy prisms , and prospecting, but what needs to be taken into consideration from a should I buy or should I sell my titanium ore perspective is what is my cost/profit ratio.

Currently even with serious underbidding on a daily basis going on in my server prices have remained solid enough that if you turn your green gems into enchanting mats then you are able to cover your entire saronite ore cost if you can get it as cheap as 15g per stack like you can on my server. That means that every blue gem you prospect is pure profit. The average price of blue gems on my server is about 35-40g per cut gem (overall) depending on the day. You get an average of at least 1 blue gem due to the double proc that Blizzard added in WOTLK. A nice bonus to an already overpowered money making machine that Jewelcrafting is to say the least.
    With proc rates of blues and greens remaining mostly the same in your titanium ore prospects in the screen shots I have seen this means that with titanium ore you will be able to cover at least 50g of its price by selling blue gems and enchanting mats you can make from blue greens per stack.

That being said, what do we know about epic gems. In BC you could not prospect for them, but my server had so many guilds running MH, BT, and SW that along with badges they were everywhere too. Prices of epic gems were steady at 300g+ for months and did not fall below 200g each until almost 3 months before WOTLK hit. The reason for this at least on my server was because I found that the more people that could afford the epic gems the more quantity you could sell there for greatly increasing the amount you could move in a single day. This is why I personally brought prices down to this point and will do it again once 3.2 hits as quickly as possible.
    I would contest that prices will fall to around 200g per cut epic gem fairly soon after 3.2 hits with them starting at around 350g like they were in late BC for at least a week or so.
    What does this mean for your titanium ore prices?
    If you can make 50g off of the blue gems and enchanting mats combined with 200g per epic gem (possibly 300g+ soon after 3.2 hits) then you would be a fool to sell your titanium ore for “cash now” in my opinion because you have the potential to make 350g off of every stack not to mention the tokens that will be gained by prospecing needed to acquired the epic cuts themselves.
    Note that once all the cuts have been purchased you can turn these in for dragons eye’s and basically make free epic rings and necks as well only adding to the ridicules amount of profit that will be obtained from it without this added bonus.

My personal opinion is to hang onto your titanium ore for 3.2 because for most servers I see at least a 150-200g profit per stack if you are able to acquire it at around 150g gold per stack like I can on my server. Just my opinion though. You are all entitled to yours. Good luck JCers.

beware people, this was written by chinese titanium ore miner ... the numbers at the end dont match. look at the style of the writing also ...

do your own calculation

on Kel'thuzad saronite ore goes for 15g stack, titanium ore for 140g a stack
    that said, prospecting titanium is nearly 10 times as expensive as prospecting saronite

prospecting saronite is typically profitable on KT, with rubies at 45-55g, topaz and opal at 13-15g, rest at 7-10g a gem, greens at 1-1.5g. But, if you are not lucky with rubies, sometimes you lose gold prospecting saronite

now what, you think epic gems will cost 10 times more than blue gems? 500g for uncut epic ruby??

take into account all the fuss about titanium ore in the past 2 month, and all the preparation. I really doubt KT players stocked less than one million stacks of titanium ore.
    take into account alchemy source of epic gems - take 1 blue red gem, add 1 eternal fire -> make 1 epic gem every 20 hours. Thats how i am going to obtain epic gems for my gear, i dont need to depend on titanium. No need to be titanium addict. I put epic gems into all sockets in 10 days, then i start selling alchemy epic gems
    take into account epic gems from icy prisms. I stocked about 40 prisms on alt, many players did the same
    take into account other sources of epic gems

now, prices of blue gems in wotlk are about 50% higher than prices of blue gems in BC.
    you think prices of epic gems will be 50% higher too? I doubt it, with all new sources of epic gems.
    Epic red BC gems were about 110-120g on my server. I would predict that the prices of epic red WOTLK gems will be over 150g for the first month, then down to 120-130g

NOW
    from the test server you see one stack of titanium ore (140g) gives you 1 (one) RANDOM epic gem, 1 (one) random blue gem and 3 dusts
    mind that ONLY ONE of six types of gems is actually worth anything, that is, rubies. I would say epics rubies will go over 150g, epic topaz and opals will be way below 100g, all other trash gems will go way below 50g. Do you agree with that?

NOW BOYS CALCULATE YOUR LOSSES FROM A STACK OF TITANIUM ORE

your losses will be partly offset by dust (guess AH price of 10g a dust, that is 30g from dust from stack of titanium ore). with that in mind, for every 7g titanium ore you lose 2-3g

and yeah, dont be too greedy ....

My realm, sell sell sell. Titanium Ore stack = 350g.

Sell everything!
    Lots of gold now.

Sell it now and flood the market so i can get it for super cheap!
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation