Re: [Photoshop] Looking for work?

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/n...ee4500/sig.png

Anyone wanna help me upgrade this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevor
    @Dandone
    i find it immature to demand something from someone for free and not wanting to give him a little thing back, e.g. mentioning his name.
    The thing is, when I do a sig for someone, I personally don't need any additional credit, making someone happy is enough for me.

By your talk, you are actually generalizing your own values to all the artists here.

Some obviously want to just give with no strings attached.

Awesome work some of you have done and hopefully can help me.

Name: Javlon
    Race: Draenei
    Sex: Female
    Class: Shaman
    Talent: Elemental
    Server: Moonglade EU
    Gear: Full "Furious Gladiator's Mail" gear. Don't show the helmet.
    Main Hand: Furious Gladiator's Spellblade
    Shield: Furious Gladiator's Barrier

Either an forum signature or an wallpaper 1280x1024.
    Enviroment: Something that fits an elemental shaman.
    Ideas: Throwing lavaburst /chainlightning in a cool angle.

I would prefer if the hair was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevor
    well, if people would give the artists credit, no one ever would have put it right on the sig itself i cant actually find a lot of newly created sigs where the artist is mentioned e.g. in a text below it written by the user.

about signing creative work... every single piece of art has a signature on it. visited a museum, yet? a picasso would be worth nothing without the signature

art is not just about being creative but also about being known. the same goes for playing wow... dont you want to be succesful, to be known for killing boss x in a short time, showing off your epixx? there really is no difference did you complain to ensidia for being known? i bet not...

maybe a solution would be to add a copyright notice below the sig, but still in the picture file.
    Would be pointless, its pretty easy to edit a PNG File and just rub out or crop the copyright, to be perfectly honest, you should take people trying to steal as a compliment! Id be glad of it anyway, and at the end of the day, its just Art, I only do it because I enjoy it, and I like to see a finished product, I really dont care what happens to it after im done.

Had 9 requests while sleeping and 1 promise, so I'll be doing those, just an FYI for anyone in the thread. Don't want to look lazy. :P

Thanks by the way whoever picked up Right's signature. I totally forgot I said I would look at his yesterday morning. My apologies.

Fryin' my brain here. ^____________^
    Click here for a list of signatures I've created.
    [hr]
    Due to the nature of the PM requests for signatures, I'm currently not taking any personal requests. Apologies.

Looking for a guild logo. Aparently my guildies don't have a great imagination as I've asked for unique ides from those that are active on the guild forums. We've been doing decent at raiding until summer hit and people went along their hecitc summer vacations. I think I logo would inspire them

Faction: Horde
    Guild: Malcontent
    Server: Stonemaul - US

Would be looking for something that would go well with the current layout and fit in the top area of the site: http://malcontent.dkpsystem.com

Color arrangement would be the black-yellow-red spectrum unless the artist has something else in mind?

We were also looking for a splash-screen style logo for the site with either a large ornate Horde logo behind or something abstract and possibly WoW related. I'm sure you've got some great ideas

Thanks for all your hard work! I found my CD for PhotoShop and I hope to learn quickly. Any suggestions on tutorials for creating these pieces? I'd love to give my guildies something

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriousgeorge
    Apologize for the repost, I created my own login and deleted my post from my friend's account to clean things up

Looking for Signature and Guild Logo

Name: Bloodsail Admiral Phuriusfredy

I'm looking for it to be a shot of my palladin in action tanking. I'm up for any interresting or origional ideas of what I'm tanking.

Several different screenshots of my paladin in action can be found at:
    http://s564.photobucket.com/albums/s...20Screenshots/
    Didn't know which pose would better suit the needs of the artist.

---

Also looking for a guild logo. Aparently my guildies don't have a great imagination as I've asked for unique ides from those that are active on the guild forums. We've been doing decent at raiding until summer hit and people went along their hecitc summer vacations. I think I logo would inspire them

Would be looking for something that would go well with the current layout and fit in the top area of the site: http://malcontent.dkpsystem.com

Color arrangement would be the black-yellow-red spectrum unless the artist has something else in mind?

We were also looking for a splash-screen style logo for the site with either a large ornate Horde logo behind or something abstract and possibly WoW related. I'm sure you've got some great ideas

Thanks for all your hard work! I found my CD for PhotoShop and I hope to learn quickly. Any suggestions on tutorials for creating these pieces? I'd love to give my guildies something
    Ill give this a Shot, the Banner atleast, havent made one in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Omgasm

for Mooncow
    this would be awesome......but im not a droood but a ele shamm :X

Quote Originally Posted by Winstan
    made this without model viewer. THe version i have doesent have T8 models in it yet so couldnt create any poses, nor weapons

hows this anyway?

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7326/lichblloom.jpg/
    TYVM Winstan for your help!!! It's Beautiful =D
    http://hdimage.org/images/4wjmpxmej640ooqkvz85.png
    Your signature is in violation of the signature guidelines, and has been corrected.

Everyone skipped over me =((

Jotab, male draenei resto shaman (t8 would be great). Server is Dragonmaw.

If anyone could whip up something nature and shaman-like that'd be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandone
    The thing is, when I do a sig for someone, I personally don't need any additional credit, making someone happy is enough for me.

By your talk, you are actually generalizing your own values to all the artists here.

Some obviously want to just give with no strings attached.
    no i'm not generalizing, i'm just seeing it from the real life point of view.
    making someone happy doesnt get your tummy filled

Quote Originally Posted by Plex
    Would really like to get a signature made, sadly I can't provide you with a picture of my character due to being hacked (sadface). Would be much appreciated, who ever decides to take on this job, good luck and have fun, if anyone decides to.

Name: Kori
    Race: Gnome
    Class: Mage
    Hair style: Pink pigtails
    Guild: Keepers of the Oath
    Server: Earthen Ring - EU

I'd like it to be my mage stand in some dark place, maybe even snowy. Lighting up the place with fire in her hands.
    Would like to have her in t7.5 gear with Turning Tide if possible.
    Would also be cool if the signature could have like a comic/cartoonish style, but I'm happy with what ever.

Thanks in advance, Kori.
    Givin this a shot.
    Just came home and I want to say thank you, its much appreciated!

/Kori

Name: Towel
    Class: Priest
    Race: Blood Elf
    Sex: Male
    Spec: Shadow
    Server: Area 52 - US

Something dark and shaowish or whatever would be awesome, I've like alot of the spriest ones so far. Pics:

Thanks in Advance! You guys rock!

You spelled Eredar wrong good sir is there anyway to add anotheer layer to the abckground?? perhaps some smokey trees or something??Smiley <3 all the art and cool sigs

First one is like the original, second two are a bit more 'modern' lookin, if thats the right term.

Couldnt realy figure out what to do with the blank space on the opposite side of your druid, tried to make smoke-type things but all of em ended looking realy wierd ^^. Couldnt get the pesky text to 'fit' either but ah well, havnt used psp in years so

Woj

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriousgeorge
    Apologize for the repost, I created my own login and deleted my post from my friend's account to clean things up

Looking for Signature and Guild Logo

Name: Bloodsail Admiral Phuriusfredy

I'm looking for it to be a shot of my palladin in action tanking. I'm up for any interresting or origional ideas of what I'm tanking.

Several different screenshots of my paladin in action can be found at:
    http://s564.photobucket.com/albums/s...20Screenshots/
    Didn't know which pose would better suit the needs of the artist.

---

Also looking for a guild logo. Aparently my guildies don't have a great imagination as I've asked for unique ides from those that are active on the guild forums. We've been doing decent at raiding until summer hit and people went along their hecitc summer vacations. I think I logo would inspire them

someone else said they would do the banner, so here is the sig

@Phuriousgeorge

Ill need your input here, Ive come up with a rough idea for the Banner, but I wanna know what YOU would like in it, bear in mind, the more you add, the more crowded and messy itll get, on banners, the text is the key focal point.

hey guys, first of, thanks to Shortleif for an awesome sig.
    this thread inspired me to give a shot at making my own wallpaper/sig.
    i had this idea of my main, female dreanei dk, leaning on the hood of
    a car, not sure what kind atm. in black and white, or grayish colors. and in a modern day
    setting. so here is what i would like to know;
    does model viewer allow for special poses, such as leaning on something.
    and if not, is there a software or a trick in photoshop or what not, that could
    help me achieve this type of effect.

Many thanks
    and keep up the gr8 work.

Ill need your input here, Ive come up with a rough idea for the Banner, but I wanna know what YOU would like in it, bear in mind, the more you add, the more crowded and messy itll get, on banners, the text is the key focal point.
    The background is obviously duplicated which makes it look bad. Either A) Work with clone stamp tool and make a seamless sunset or B) google some HD-Wallpaper and make your own.

Add some gradient maps and maybe reduce the vibrance a little.

Edit: Just a note, If the text is your focal point, everything beyond that point should be blurred, including the background.
    --

And about the "Made by" part was more of a question than a topic of discussion.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eross92
    does model viewer allow for special poses, such as leaning on something.
    and if not, is there a software or a trick in photoshop or what not, that could
    help me achieve this type of effect.
    WowModelViewer allows you to have the object (character, NPC, etc) perform all in-game animations and play them on self-chosen speed, pauze is, fast-forward, etc.

On the topic of copyright, signing images, being mentioned, etc... I have no strong feelings towards any of the points, but I think it's safe to say that whatever goes for the image creator is what should happen. You don't like your image with it's signature? Then don't use it.

However, as with any image you post on the internet, assume it will be used and abused. People can and will take it as their own and/or take credit for it while it isn't theirs. I don't think any of the artists here have the illusion that this won't happen. However -and needless to say- everyone should give credit where credit is due.

That'll be all for now. Please refrain from discussing this any further here. Should you wish an in-depth discussions about this topic (including international copyrights and/or quotes from recent high-court rulings) please create another thread decidated to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tethrys
    Seen many signatures, and finally decided I want one of my own.

Size doesn't matter, a good size for a signature that doesn't overwhelm the screen would be good, wider than taller though.

Name: Tethrys
    Guild: Saintz
    Realm: Twisting Nether US

Male night elf druid, with the Cenarion Expedition Tabard. In T2 Stormrage set would be awesome, with Will of Arlokk.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31804
    http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=214
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19909

Animation isn't a big deal, whatever looks good, though the moonfire casting pose would be cool, I know there are better ones out there.
    Background doesn't make a difference, cuz I know you guys are creative out there and could probably think of something better than me

I also know that you're very busy, so whenever would be good, just happy to see a signature.

Here you go, sorry it takes me about 3-4 hours to work on one sig. LOL. I have problems with my monitor display as well. The final image I have looks a lot lighter, but when I uploaded it to tinypic, it looked a lot darker. I also made a blue and a purple version, so here's both if you want to see them.

FOR TETHRYS:

have fun!