[Fire/Frost] Build - Which one?

I reviewed the sticky in this thread and it was very informative for basic class mechanics and lvl 80 specs for different fights, preferences, and so forth, but the original poster didn't include leveling builds. I've been told deep frost is the best to level with because of mana efficency, but i havn't reviewed mage leveling since many patches ago.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
    Welsh

Re: [Fire/Frost] Build - Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver
    I reviewed the sticky in this thread and it was very informative for basic class mechanics and lvl 80 specs for different fights, preferences, and so forth, but the original poster didn't include leveling builds. I've been told deep frost is the best to level with because of mana efficency, but i havn't reviewed mage leveling since many patches ago.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
    Welsh
    Really its up to you, whatever you have the most fun with. With that said, if you're mostly soloing then frost is probably more efficient. If you're mostly grouping then arcane or fire is going to kill stuff quicker.

At 64 I went Arcane because thats when you get Arcane Blast. But then at 66 you get Ice Lance which makes Frost pretty decent too.

I thought it was well known an aoe/pvp frost build was superior to all when leveling. Group up 8 adds, blizz, nova blizz blizz win.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovyguye
    I thought it was well known an aoe/pvp frost build was superior to all when leveling. Group up 8 adds, blizz, nova blizz blizz win.
    As opposed to questing and dungeon crawling? ???

Brudish

I personally recommend leveling as frost, I did it 1-70 and it was a breeze, also quite fun

atm i'm leveling my mage 64 now i went fire even for soloing it works out for me ok its singel target en multipulls will get you in a pickel (nothing that a dragons breath/blastwave +firestarter proc can solve) i kill stuff before it hits me i need to drink every 5 mobs or evocate
    my rotation is pretty easy: shorch (have it glyphed) living bomb fire blast dragons breath fire ball second fire blast and living bomb should go off by then and its dead (throw in an instant pyro whenever it pocs).
    although if your just starting go frost first switch to fire later on around 55-60, i enjoy fire allot its an energetic way of killing stuff most spells are instant so things die real quick.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...&version=10072
    this is what my build kinda looks like now

i hope this helps you out

cheers zeo

if you just wanna go fast, frost is great. it's really up to you though, fire is alot of fun, even more in dungeons. or you could go arcane when you can get barrage, also alot of fun. many people go ffb at 75 too, to get a hang of the spells. either way it's your choice, play what feels most fun.

Frost is downright hax when it comes to levelling.

Another consideration: unless they upgun it a _lot_, frost won't ever see the light of day past 80.  I thought it was a pretty neat tree, so I'd say play it pre 80 so you can experience it once, because you certainly aren't going to be using it past 80.

[Edit]. Why is frost hax? 1) AoE Blizz. With full frost talents anything caught in your blizz will die and won't hit you. You can rofl your way through 20 mob packs. 2) You can solo kill any mob outdoors in the game that slows. IIRC the number of mobs (inc group quests) that you actually can't solo as frost questing from 70-80 is under 10.