Thread: Spirit question

Spirit question

So I'm trying to get a SP+Crit+MP5 set going for the next patch and noticed some nice gear I can get that has SP+Crit+Spirit.

My question is, how much spirit translates to MP5? For instance X amount of spirit will give you X amount of MP5.

Lately all that has been dropping for us in Ulduar is SP+Haste+MP5 gear and I can't really replace any more of my crit gear with haste gear as I will be taking too much of a hit on my crit%.

Thanks

Re: Spirit question

Spirit buffs MP Regen while NOT casting. I don't believe Pallies have a talent to let them continue getting mana while casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I'll put this as nicely as I can.

If you have any spirit gear/enchants/gems, people will laugh at you and probably call you horrid, horrid names.

Spirit is only good for dps locks/mages/priests/druids and healy priests/druids.

Good luck finding plate with spirit!

I find it disappointing, only shaman and pallys use raw MP5 to regenerate their mana, this in turn creates necklaces, rings and weapons exclusive to 2 classes, while the 4 remaining casters (the clothies and druids) take advantage of spirit more efficiently, through some talents to furter increase spirit and through conversion of spirit into healing and dps stats.

I just wish thay'd make spirit the single regen stat with a talent for shaman and pallies to gain mana regen while casting.

In the mean time never place a spirit enchant/gem on your equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    Good luck finding plate with spirit!

Does 60 Gear count? our old Tier had it :3

By the way, we don't have to wear Plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I find it disappointing, only shaman and pallys use raw MP5 to regenerate their mana, this in turn creates necklaces, rings and weapons exclusive to 2 classes, while the 4 remaining casters (the clothies and druids) take advantage of spirit more efficiently, through some talents to furter increase spirit and through conversion of spirit into healing and dps stats.

I just wish thay'd make spirit the single regen stat with a talent for shaman and pallies to gain mana regen while casting.

In the mean time never place a spirit enchant/gem on your equipment.
    Yeh cos homogenisation of the classes makes the game so much more interesting and diverse right?

It's fine. Warlocks and Mages generally don't use mp5 just like you don't use spirit, and Druids and Priests do use MP5 a little. Besides, palas and shamans also use intellect so stop complaining about class diversity.
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

Ah ok, didn't know we didn't get the mana regen from spirit while casting. Makes sense now. And I was looking at some leather/cloth pieces. Specifically the cloth pants you can buy with conq bandges because all the other legs had haste/mp5.

Thanks for the info guys!

Stealing http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45703#comments from druids/priests/arcane mages is so fun though!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Please, Please, Please dont ever gem, nor enchant for spirit.

If you are a 80 lvl Holy Paladin and thinks spirit is usefull, you must be doing everything wrong.

right now, losing mp5, but gaining in sp/crit is good, but come next patch you are going to need some mp5 so dont toss that gear. spirit is a wasted stat, but mp5 is nearly as wasted atm.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

A spirit topic in the paladin threads, cmon ppl srsly learn the class before you post your opinion.