Poll: instead of 0->100, what about 50->100 (same duration)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Simple poll on Chains of Ice

Simple question to the pvp community.

Re: Simple poll on Chains of Ice

Healer + DK means that itäs unkillable for me as melee (warrior). DK stays in frostpressence and whenever I actually get the paladin/druid (usually) to spend mana/get him low i get DGed + Chains -.- Also no problem for the DK to keep me busy and under pressure (so my healer needs to heal, if not just DG him) while the other healer drinks/reggens

Definitely broken in it's current form. Current SK Top 100 also makes me wonder while Juggernaut needs a nerf again -.-

Just needed to cry a bit, just had 8 teams with DKs in arena and compared to that, a druid / whatever team back in S4 was really skilled and not lame at all -.-

DarkAxius

The logic behind chains of ice is like an alternative ranged hamstring.

Rather than 50% for ten seconds, it's 100 to 0% over ten seconds -
    On average, the speed reduction is roughly the same.

I can't really comment as to the OPness of it, being that I am on both sides - the user and the victim of the ability.
    I imagine ALL movement speed effects harm the caster classes, bar perhaps the mage to a limited degree. Anyway, in a 2v2 environment like was just pointed out - Chains of Ice IS likely to be ridiculous. This is unfortunately just the way things are at the moment with PvP in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAxius
    The logic behind chains of ice is like an alternative ranged hamstring.

Rather than 50% for ten seconds, it's 100 to 0% over ten seconds -
    Yeah, if it had a 10 second CD, but it has only GCD. At least gloves will be nerfed, but with death runes I only expect a bit of a drop in dmg output while CCing the target.

The other problem with that logic is also that the target can run away for 5 seconds, until I'm as fast as the ham stringed target. On portpalas which seem to be the new flavor of the month, it is gone sooner than I can catch up (if not BoF). NVM druids, they are just gone.

Yeah, it is less bothersome in 5on5 or so I guess.

The OPness lies in it's range, spamability and being an instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert
    The OPness lies in it's range, spamability and being an instant cast.
    It's UPness lies in it's dispellability, prohibitive cost and essential neutering of the DK damage for a while.

Cue bads complaining because they don't know how to play, or want to keep on playing with a fotm class that doesn't have dispel.

I see 12 Deathknights have voted in this thread so far
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh
    I see 12 Deathknights have voted in this thread so far
    I don't have a DK and I voted it balanced

scrubs just need to L2P

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

its not spammable, and if a dk does use every rune on it he does autoattack dmg.

next patch (today) glove bonus removed and its "spammableness" is bummed even more.

STOP FUCKING CRYING. srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    prohibitive cost and essential neutering of the DK damage for a while.
    i play a DK and its OP, using chains of ice usualy increases your damage, unless your retarded and use it while you dont have diseases on the target, them being in 1 spot = way more dmg than chasing them around, and even if it did reduce your damage a huge ammount. who the hell cares your keeping that dps you stopped from doing anything to hurt the team, or causing teh healer you used it on to waste a ton of mana.

Dks who say it isnt OP are only looking at what it does to themselves, gives them 1 less rune. not what it does to every1 else, gives your team breathing room, and causes the other team to waste mana.

Quote Originally Posted by bowflexinbrah
    i play a DK and its OP, using chains of ice usualy increases your damage, unless your retarded and use it while you dont have diseases on the target, them being in 1 spot = way more dmg than chasing them around, and even if it did reduce your damage a huge ammount. who the hell cares your keeping that dps you stopped from doing anything to hurt the team, or causing teh healer you used it on to waste a ton of mana.

Dks who say it isnt OP are only looking at what it does to themselves, gives them 1 less rune. not what it does to every1 else, gives your team breathing room, and causes the other team to waste mana.

The amount of fail in the post above is hovering between epic and legendary. Considering that the entire "advantage" you claim lays in the realm of "you can shake enemy off with single chains application", and if you actually had a DK playing at any reasonable level above 1500, you'd know it is almost never enough, unless you're shaving them off druid. You will most likely need to reapply it in 2 seconds to let any other class a meaningful chance to disengage from a 50% slow class such as warrior, and most likely burn a rune tap and pop a third one to let them shave the rogue off. With positioning problems this likely creates, smart team playing against you won't even be taking auto-attack damage during this period.

You'd also know that your "one less rune" in the optimal scenario means one less scourge strike, which means removing any threat of burst for 10 seconds, because you sure as hell won't be getting anything below 50% with just one frost rune.
    Which means that priest just got free ticket to fear-mana burn, the druid is already cycloning/spamming wrath on your dumb ass, shaman is starting up the lava burst where they're nuking you dead, while the paladin just plain went to drink.

Ergo, L2P.

I dont think Chains is OP. Perhaps it trumps some other classes but not all.

My main's a hunter... I dont know if its a standard move for DKs but I normally get Gripped first then Chained.

Once I get past the second Chain, I can deal a serious amount of pain on to the DK before his Grip cools.

But back to the point, if Chains was changed to start at 50% instead of 0%, it would hurt the DK community real bad. Even with Master's Call on cooldown, I could probably still stand facing the DK face to face with Deterrence then ScatterShot and run. Freezing Trap if caught in second Chains.

Just my 2cents. I think they are fine the way they are atm. Just dont up their damage anymore. ;D

if the DK is chaining then they arnt casting Icy touch. If they arnt frost they arnt applying frost feaver and losing out on damage. Its that simple. Also it degrades rather fast in PvP. Its clenseable/dispellable too. If it got nerfed have it then unholy and blood could never kill in pvp ever.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Lol I haven't read anything I just wanted to say theres more dks then all other players combined!!!

*Not a fact though :P*

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    if the DK is chaining then they arnt casting Icy touch. If they arnt frost they arnt applying frost feaver and losing out on damage. Its that simple. Also it degrades rather fast in PvP. Its clenseable/dispellable too. If it got nerfed have it then unholy and blood could never kill in pvp ever.
    BS.

Just had to, cause that is BS. o-o

LOL @ the ONLY thing that prevents every caster class from kiting us to death is somehow OP? WTF are you idiots looking for? Free honor kills? Go eat a bag of d*cks, the lot of you!

I guess you have no idea why the change your pvp gloves then do you..

50 - 100 would be pointless, as most snares stay at 50% reduction their entire duration, some 60% and so on. It would be a neutered wingclip/hamstring.

It's fine, working as intended. If you don't like it, lose, quit, or get someone to dispel you
    amg no sig?!

ehm...wait a minute a druid start this poll cause he thinks chain is to OP ? , you got change form that removes any kind of slow effects...and even it burns down your mana cause changing form you always got innervate.... but anyway kinda agree that chain is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    It's UPness lies in it's dispellability, prohibitive cost and essential neutering of the DK damage for a while.

Cue bads complaining because they don't know how to play, or want to keep on playing with a fotm class that doesn't have dispel.
    Haha, actually seriously nearly laughed my ass off because of that comment. A Death Knight telling someone else he's a fotmer?

As a Mage I dont find it particularly Overpowered, just something to watch out for.

On the odd occasion I had it chain casted on me 3 times in a row which was horrible but that was rare, and Im not sure its even possible any more (Im no expert on DK talents.

I havent voted on the poll as I think its usefullness for DKs depends on the class of the oponent.