Hit, Arcane Mage...

Yoo,
    Ive been playing FFB for some time. and just began to play Arcane.. "just love it"
    Here is my Q,
    Does Arcane Focus (3% hit) Stack with Precision (3% hit)?
    i Removed some Hitgear and Went with 11% from Gear.. Thats 11+3+3= 17% wich is suppose to be Hitcap.. i did a Uld10.. and missed like 1 or 2 times in the whole instance..
    i guess it stack.. or im just lucky.. some say it stack and some say it dont.. Which is correct.. and dont start to link to EJ.. im just wondering, k?

If it stack i guess it should be enough with 11% from gear.
    and if thats so. im WAY ove hitcap. got 15% from gear ATM
    got Collar of the Wyrmhunter and t8.5 gloves today.

Please be nice. im not from england so my spelling isnt the best.
    and im just trying to explain my question

Re: Hit, Arcane Mage...

Yes, Arcane Focus and Precision stack. If you're alone you'll need 11% hit in your gear, but remember boomkins and shadowpriests apply a debuff that gives 3% hit as well. So normally you only need to run 8%.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    im not from england
    Long Live the Queen!

Hi there, I'm another arcane mage around WoW. I have a question still regarding hit cap.
    I currently have 286hit (10.90%) and raiding always with another draenei mage (1%hit). Summarizing 10.9+3+3+1= 17.9% so overcapped. What happens against raid bosses is that my spells very often don't damage 100% the boss but there's something like a partial resist. In poor words I see something like this on SCT: Arcane blast 4860(345). Sometimes even on trashes in Ulduar I have the same.

I started to have doubt about the stacking of Elemental Precision and Arcane Focus so I changed one my crit trinket with a 73spellhit. I then had 359hit (13.69%). So 13.69+3(EP or AF)+1(draenei bonus)=17.69% still overcapped. I noticed that on boss the situation didn't change much but on trash I removed the "resist" from my spells.

My question is: what's going on? What are those partial "resists" on my spells?

Brudish

Quote Originally Posted by Kênny
    Yes, Arcane Focus and Precision stack. If you're alone you'll need 11% hit in your gear, but remember boomkins and shadowpriests apply a debuff that gives 3% hit as well. So normally you only need to run 8%.
    Wtf? Since when do they stack? I thought that was the reason the arcane version of precision was Arcane only. To prevent such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Brudish
    Wtf? Since when do they stack? I thought that was the reason the arcane version of precision was Arcane only. To prevent such things.
    They only stack on Arcane spells not on frost and fire spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Airesis
    Hi there, I'm another arcane mage around WoW. I have a question still regarding hit cap.
    I currently have 286hit (10.90%) and raiding always with another draenei mage (1%hit). Summarizing 10.9+3+3+1= 17.9% so overcapped. What happens against raid bosses is that my spells very often don't damage 100% the boss but there's something like a partial resist. In poor words I see something like this on SCT: Arcane blast 4860(345). Sometimes even on trashes in Ulduar I have the same.

I started to have doubt about the stacking of Elemental Precision and Arcane Focus so I changed one my crit trinket with a 73spellhit. I then had 359hit (13.69%). So 13.69+3(EP or AF)+1(draenei bonus)=17.69% still overcapped. I noticed that on boss the situation didn't change much but on trash I removed the "resist" from my spells.

My question is: what's going on? What are those partial "resists" on my spells?
    I think the only way to prevent that "partial" resist you're talking about is by getting spell penetration, but that's not worth getting in pve anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I voted Waffles, because Waffles are awesome.

Freshly baked up in the morning with some fresh old fashioned butter and maple syrup, can't go wrong with that. Just think about it for a moment, imagine the waffles in your mouth, syrup dripping down your throat, and then downing it with a glass of O.J.

It is because of this that I believe Blizzard should rework Azeroth for Waffles.

Over 9000

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Long Live the Queen!
    You sir deserve some tea and crumpets on the house from Wetherspoons :P

Quote Originally Posted by Airesis
    They only stack on Arcane spells not on frost and fire spells.
    no they stack for all spells, read the pve faq thread. That goes for the OP as well, this thread is unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    The thing I like most about this post (and there are SOOOOO many things to like) is that it means something different each time I read through it.

Deleted

Kênny said it 8)

Quote Originally Posted by symbiosis
    no they stack for all spells, read the pve faq thread. That goes for the OP as well, this thread is unnecessary.
    No, they do not stack for all spells.

Arcane Focus is 3% hit and mana reduction for arcane and arcane only. Precision is the only talent that provides hit rating universally across all three trees for a mage.