Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

demonology PTR OPness?

on the ptr with full resil my lil gnome demonologist has 55% damage reduction 100% of the time. and 1900 spell power
    most times i can just drain tank people(rogues expesialy, its amazing)
    i have a feeling itll get nerfed or come live 3v3 teams will b gettin turtled to death by demo lock disc priest rogue

Re: demonology PTR OPness?

Here's the problem face a caster or someone who can put out magic damage and heal and your done plus don't get your hopes up if you come up vs a priest rogue who can't just burn you down the priest will just go crazy with mana burn and make you tap yourself to death or make your damage output drop to zero.

Your 55% damage reduction is equivalent to wearing plate. Not quite as OP as you're making it out to be.

Why would a priest waste his mana burning a warlock? Isn't that scuicide?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    Your 55% damage reduction is equivalent to wearing plate. Not quite as OP as you're making it out to be.
    wearing plate + fears + deathcoil + fg intercep + dots + spamming searing pain when not focused is pretty damn good imo

op that's why no one play demo in arena,no one like win easy and they prefer suffer with destro or affly

Deleted

ye but this plate guy has another pet, ranged attacks and has decent cc

Gee I wish I had some of that magical plate of yours that mitigates spell damage as well.

A cloth wearer with the equivalent of plate isnt OP? Dunno what game you play. Anyway, I haven't heard any talk about demonology yet, but I'll try it out. Gotta xfer my warlock and see whats crackin. I'd say its about time demonology gets some playing time though, considering that it's been basically useless ever since wrath launched, which is actually pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    Gee I wish I had some of that magical plate of yours that mitigates spell damage as well.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by bowflexinbrah
    i can just drain tank people(rogues expesialy, its amazing)
    With all the interrupts around i find draintanking a bit hard, expecially rogues.

Cool another infernal avatar, hi
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    TBH, resi ruined the whole PvP system enough already. Now Blizzard have just gone overboard.
    yeah, reducing burst so people don't get faceroll 3 shot is bad. bring back 1shotting people in bgs with 0 res! the days of skill pvp!
    why do i have a feeling you can't break 1500 in arena.

Unless a demonology warlock can shadowbolt or incinerate. His damage won't be high.

It's fine. Demonology DoTs suck at level 80 standards.

It's the melee's fault he isn't interrupting your drain life and gets his ass kicked.

Can the OP do the math for us? ???

Quote Originally Posted by patrin
    yeah, reducing burst so people don't get faceroll 3 shot is bad. bring back 1shotting people in bgs with 0 res! the days of skill pvp!
    why do i have a feeling you can't break 1500 in arena.
    Why do I have a feeling noone you know likes you or that you failed English?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Assume a 10k normal hit

10k - 10% Resilience = 9k
    9k - 6% Molten Skin = 8460
    8460 - 20% Armor = 6768
    6768 - 5% Master Demonologist + Felguard = 6430
    6430 - 25% Glyphed Soul Link = 4822

4822 / 10000 = 52% Damage Reduction all the time (Physical, for magic factor armor out.)

R.I.P. YARG

This is great.
    If it stays like this i might get to play my lock again
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Assume a 10k normal hit

8460 - 20% Armor = 6768

4822 / 10000 = 52% Damage Reduction all the time (Physical, for magic factor armor out.)
    Intruiging.

Assume a 10k normal hit

8460 - 20% Armor = 6768

please for the love of god add some disclaimers to this post befor the "omg locks are op must nerf qq" begins.

The resil reduction applies to all classes so if a lock is specd deep demo which we will only like see in 5s with higher ratings I'd bet, the spec ang globs amount to about 47% reduction. And if this were the case the burst and raw dps will be lacking. I know you probably weren't going for that but I'd like to at least see a live patch before more nerf locks threads show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Assume a 10k normal hit

8460 - 20% Armor = 6768

Oh hai Gherkin! =D

So your math is interesting however what I want to know is if you think rolling with Demon Armor (that's the only way you can get 20% physical damage reduction) is wise/going to work?

The reason I ask is because with global damage reduced by ~10% (I'm guessing most people will have enough resilience to accommodate this) won't Warlocks need Fel Armor to keep their pew pew on par? Especially now that Shadow Priests and Mages will get an "MS" debuff effect.