Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

im gonna advocate ChertiUI, its on the interface downloading site, it works really well and is super easy to config, only thing that i don't like about it is the fact that if you use a smaller resolution monitor like my laptop from 2 years ago has, it comes out rather small and hard to read, this obviously is not a picture of my lock but rather my rogue

[img width=300]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/deliciousbacon66/WoWScrnShot_092709_115501.jpg?t=1254368158[/img]

My UI, Just re-did it the other day.

Had to use a font scaling addon, using UI scale and made it really tiny, if your wondering why chat seems so big.

Quote Originally Posted by joxx

I need to be able to see what is going on around meh
    What addons are you using? Thats a nice looking UI
    Snorlax is more ripped than you!
    FC is 2638-1126-5304 name is Heisenberg. PM me if you add me
    Ghost Safari Lampet/Pumpkaboo/Drifblim

15+ Year Old Account

I see Bartender, ForteXorcist, KGPanels, Grid, Pitbull, and Power Auras.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Cherti
    I wanted to try this out, but, when I followed the directions on WoWUI, it didn't work. This might be due to how the files are set up in the dowload. Got any tips?
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Artus
    First here is a link to the compilation. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1680x1050.html

I took this addon and just changed a few minor things:
    Resized it to my 1400x900 resolution
    Added the lvl/class/race to the name plates
    Changed the health bar contrast to better show the deficit.
    Changed the dot timer to only show my spells
    And added a 3rd hotkey bar to the mix.

edit: oh and added the pvp plates to the "Player" and "Target" frame. got tired of not knowing if I was on a ally or horde during bg's

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/971...1409225429.jpg
    I have seen this a lot in different UI's and have never been able to fully figure out which add-on(s) create this. The lines around the bottom of the screen that go up the sides, and the fully customized shape, sizing and border creation of the chat and other boxes.

Thanks.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie
    Many folks use OmniCC is most likely why.
    In that case it makes sense to have the few spells with CDs showing, but nothing else. I'll take the Chertii UI as an example of what I am talking about since a lot of people seem to like it. As a destro lock, in combat, there are only a few cooldowns that you actually care about - conflag, chaos bolt, CoD for sure and maybe deathcoil, healthstone, teleport and soulshatter. So if you are relying on omniCC to watch your CDs, you need a maximum of 7 buttons showing (maybe 1 or 2 more if I am forgetting something). The Cherti UI has 48 buttons showing. Its terribly excessive. I can see why you might want things like summoning portals, spellstones, etc. on your action bars, but why not have those bars fade out when you are in combat or only show up on mouseover.

When people compliment any UI, the most thrown around word is 'clean'. When you have a huge amount of excessive buttons, it is not clean. Neither is it clean to have redundancies like OmniCC and SCT cooldown alerts and powerauras alerts and tellmewhen alerts like many UIs tend to use. I am not saying that the Cherti UI is bad, I am just saying that it, like many other UIs posted here, is not clean.

15+ Year Old Account

@Modez - The addon is KGPanels and in order to make that kind of a UI you have to have a true mastery of the addon. I took that one apart to tweak for myself and still don't quite understand how it works.

Basically, KGPanels makes boxes. You make a skinny box and boom, its a line. Then you overlap them to make that effect. Then you link them to other boxes that are linked to other windows so that when, for example, you join a group and Grid appears, the lines appear and the box behind Grid appears.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    @Modez - The addon is KGPanels and in order to make that kind of a UI you have to have a true mastery of the addon. I took that one apart to tweak for myself and still don't quite understand how it works.

Basically, KGPanels makes boxes. You make a skinny box and boom, its a line. Then you overlap them to make that effect. Then you link them to other boxes that are linked to other windows so that when, for example, you join a group and Grid appears, the lines appear and the box behind Grid appears.
    Have we btw ever seen any of your UIs Gherkin? am a bit interrested in what your use.

Quote Originally Posted by Artus
    First here is a link to the compilation. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1680x1050.html

I took this addon and just changed a few minor things:
    Resized it to my 1400x900 resolution
    Added the lvl/class/race to the name plates
    Changed the health bar contrast to better show the deficit.
    Changed the dot timer to only show my spells
    And added a 3rd hotkey bar to the mix.

edit: oh and added the pvp plates to the "Player" and "Target" frame. got tired of not knowing if I was on a ally or horde during bg's

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/971...1409225429.jpg

i love this UI, and i also use a 1440x900 reso...was wondering if you could upload your version

15+ Year Old Account

I do most of my posting from work, so I dont have a screenshot.

I use the above UI modified to 1440x900 windowed, with several modifications.

1) 2 Hidden Bartender4 bars so i can hotkey hidden things
    2) 2 Bartender4 bars at the bottom, instead of 3.
    3) I moved ForteXorcist to the far left because with only 900 pixels vertically it was blocking half my screen once I started tab spamming dots. Plus I need to know what other buffs are up so that I can Curse of Elements if a boomkin dies without actually having to know if the boomkin died or not.
    4) Recount and Omen stack on each other. I only care about my damage when the fight is over, so Omen shows in combat only and Recount shows out of combat only. Thus they take up the same screen space.
    5) I replaced the Omen space with a private chat box where all my custom channels (friends, warlocks) and whispers go. I have a hard time playing the game without being able to see who just spoke to me.

R.I.P. YARG

I picked up WIM for chatting in whispers. As a program, it needs some work, but it's useful if you deal with a multitude of whispers every time you log in.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    I picked up WIM for chatting in whispers. As a program, it needs some work, but it's useful if you deal with a multitude of whispers every time you log in.
    Tried it, hated it. I used to use a different one (forget the name) and it was awesome, but it never got updated and I got sick of fixing it myself.

My current setup isn't a problem since I don't need to see my dps while I'm playing. I know when I fail and I know when I do well. When the numbers don't match up with my feelings on the matter, then I investigate.

R.I.P. YARG

This thread needs another post!

This is what I'm using today. Tomorrow this may change. Omen is supposed to show up to the right of the forte bars. Vexing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

4) Recount and Omen stack on each other. I only care about my damage when the fight is over, so Omen shows in combat only and Recount shows out of combat only. Thus they take up the same screen space.
    How do you fixx that, that you see recount out of combat only? Or are you just doing the /recount show thingie?

There's an option in the configuration menu that allows you to hide recount during combat.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac
    How do you fixx that, that you see recount out of combat only? Or are you just doing the /recount show thingie?
    Position Omen where you want it to be, and the size you want it.
    Then, go into the options and set:
    UNCHECKED: Show When Solo
    CHECKED: Hide when Not In Combat

Then you configure Recount to Hide During Combat and have it the right size/shape to match Omen.

Poof.

R.I.P. YARG

my current raiding UI:

It's functional. It looks like you've spent a lot of time setting up kgpanels. I dislike having my omen and recount windows take up so much of my screen, so I keep them small. You, however, don't seem to mind. It looks alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar
    my current raiding UI:

I like this UI, it has nice symmetry. I would probably hide the micro menu bar though. Also, very nice DPS