Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Warlock UIs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Come to think of it I think the only thing i use Quartz for now is cast bars. I could reduce some memory usage by using another mod I already have. Only thing is as far as i'm aware forte doesn't support a cast bar? Only other option i have is stuf frames. Do any of those support a cast bar which is just as good?
    Indeed. I used Quartz for a long time but decided to replace it with AzCastBar (also known as ACB) 'cause of the same reason why I'm using EBB instead of SBF - much better performance!

If you understand the German language maybe you should take a look at my website ( www.cherti.de ) once again where you can find an Interface Guide I've written for ChertiUI version 2.01. I do describe what addons I've already used and what addons I'm using now, respectively what alternative addons you can use without any risk - and ofc the reasons why I replaced an addon.

Do you remember when I said some players had very big problems raiding with some special addons activated? Well.. I was browsing the technican support forum all night long and after considerable time I was able to write down another short - but very effective - Performance Guide. Maybe this guide can help you increase performance right now!

Unfortunately being an English Citizen I haven't studied German since the schooldays (is guten tag enough?). Would be nice to know of any addons that affect performance, because I am getting the odd bit of lag occasionally which I can't decide is internet or addon related.

If the cast bar you mentioned is low usage (which i can imagine it is compared to the huge Quartz) and supports the border textures that might be an option.

Deleted

I guess I should try to translate my website some day.. ;D

Heres mine:

This is what i use. Most of it is shown in the picture. What you don't see would be the party/raid frames in the top left and the cast bar which would be just beneath my character's feet. It's a general set up i made and i tweaked to fit my warlock a little better. Works well for me.

So after checking this thread and allready posting my previous layout, I desided to remake my UI, with the main goal to keep it as clean as possible.

this is an image out of combat.
    [img width=300]http://files.industriez.be/Creating%20wow%20layout/clean%20layout/1.jpg[/img]

this is in combat
    [img width=300]http://files.industriez.be/Creating%20wow%20layout/clean%20layout/2.jpg[/img]

I still need to change some things, like making the threat bars of skada smaller
    maybe removing the msbt but i'm playing on a 24" so i got place enough on my screen,
    the text is not really in my important screen area.

If you look good you'll see faded buttons below the unit frames, if i should need them i can hover the and they are available, if i don't need them i just don't notice them.

I would also like to thank the people in this threat because it's a nice way to get to learn some new addons or alternatives

i now using stuf, bartender, skada, sbf, prat, dxe, powa, sexymap, minimapbuttonframe and fortexorist only the timer bars (the rest isn't in my addonfolder)

anyway suggestions and comments are very welcome

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Melificeñt
    I guess mine is a minimalist IU. I just like to be able to be Raid Aware. I haven't seen any frames that have made me fall in love with them yet, but I keep seeing a mini map on some UIs that is pretty cute. It's square and seems pretty basic, anyone know the name of it?
    I think that is pMinimap. I might be wrong since there are so many different minimap addons but pMinimap creates a square minimap that is movable. So it might just be that :P.

15+ Year Old Account

I've released a video of my interface: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0uHT2fJkNY

hello guys
    whats the name of this addone ..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ekaw
    hello guys
    whats the name of this addone ..
    I am not sure, but I am sure, that it is possible to do that with Power Auras Classic.

Could be one of several, is that image from a video or a full UI.
    A video might help narrow it down a bit if thats the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

It is Afflicted3 in non-bar display, and I have to say that this is one of the few Addons I feel is mandatory for PVP.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...fflicted3.aspx

Specifically showing your SS:

[img width=400]http://medias.jeuxonline.info/wow/equipe/110548/Photos/afflicted_1.png[/img]

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

You who are affliction should not use digits to show the duration left, use bars. Yourr mind will compute those much faster and its just a win situation.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    You who are affliction should not use digits to show the duration left, use bars. Yourr mind will compute those much faster and its just a win situation.
    I agree with Bakis here, bars are more visual, and it's alot easier to see forward in time, you'll see if you can put a filler in etc, with numbers i guess my eye's would be more on the numbers then on the fight itself.

Which bar's you want to use is totaly up to you, for me the most important reason to chose one addon above another is supporting multi-target dotting.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/775...1410211038.jpg

there is my UI

Don't Post Huge Images!

Bars are most certainly better. EventHorizon is fantastic as well.

It's all about planning ahead as you say. Some people just prefer seeing icons but there's nothing stopping you having a bar fixed to them. Button timers sorts this nicely.

Though, I use Forte for my procs and dots on other targets. I was wondering if there was a way I could set up Quartz to show dots on targets that are NOT your current target. I have event horizon to show dots on my current target, but obviously that doesn't work on multiple targets.

It would just make more sense because I use Quartz for my cast bar, event horizon for my timer and forte for my procs/multiple target dots. I'd like not to have to pick out small parts of large multifunctional addons. (Much of forte is wasted really).

@ Tash , please use a smaller image
    is a nice way to post your images

@Jenerena
    I have the same problem as you, i tried many timers, but in the end i also use the ones of forteXorist for all my targets en procs. The rest of the addon is not needed for me.

@Tash, if you are going to insist on having quite so many bars on forte, especially many of the buffs which arent necessary then consider moving it next to your combat log addon, which appears to be either Cascade or Eavesdrop. At the moment its blocking a lot of the view near the middle.
    @Jainzar, try placing the bars for creating healthstone, summon stone etc, and the buttons on the top middle to show only on mouseover or at least the normal opacity much lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tash
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/775...1410211038.jpg

there is my UI

Don't Post Huge Images!
    Can tell you right now, your UI gimp your performance.
    Too much info, too crammed, too little gamespace, check some other UI's in this thread for ideas.

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

hey why do you think it gimp my performance.

would like some tips to make it better