Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Speculation on the Coliseum.

In short -

Arthas resurrects Anub'arak, who to redeem himself in the eyes of his king, tunnels deep beneath the newly constructed Coliseum.
    After battling our way through whatever the Coliseum holds, Anub will steal Malygos' ways, and will destroy the floor of the Coliseum, leaving us to fight Anub deep beneath Icecrown in Naz'anak - The Forgotten Depths.
    I'm unsure if the final boss will be Anub, as the Black Knight, who I believe to be either Bolvar or Saurfang, has a large part to play in this patch.

This is only speculation, working on the information provided at the time of posting.

Discuss.

Re: My Speculation on the Coliseum.

I don't think so. I believe that the achievement "The Traitor King" is just a fun name for killing loads of spider-ish creatures.

I don't hope Anub'arak is the final boss, I hope they save him for Icecrown Citadel. I think the "death-angel" (can't remember the name of those) that you can see on one of the screenshots will be the last boss. That is only my guess tho, and it's as good as yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Aye, thats another.
    Mine is mainly just me praying for a better end for one of my favourite lore characters

Well Anub could simply be last boss and he flees at the end. And we would fight him again later. Anything is possible at this point.
    Why Not ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstria
    I'm unsure if the final boss will be Anub, as the Black Knight, who I believe to be either Bolvar or Saurfang, has a large part to play in this patch.
    The black knight will be the last boss of the 5 man dungeon,

the achievement named after him (even though the content of the achievement is just a placeholder) appears under the 5 man section.

15+ Year Old Account

If he is in this, flees, and we do have to kill him a 3rd time..../wrist.
    We can only wait and see.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

We killed Anub'arak in Azjol'nerub, so unless its a case of "Azjol'Nerub was merely a setback" i doubt we will see him again. Given that we are getting themed Horde and Alliance armor i wouldnt be surprised if Bolvar/Saurfang is/are bosses present in the coliseum. Given the new Vrykul themed quest hub to the north i would expect them to play a fairly hefty part in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    Azjol'Nerub was merely a setback
    Bah, you beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    We killed Anub'arak in Azjol'nerub, so unless its a case of "Azjol'Nerub was merely a setback" i doubt we will see him again. Given that we are getting themed Horde and Alliance armor i wouldnt be surprised if Bolvar/Saurfang is/are bosses present in the coliseum. Given the new Vrykul themed quest hub to the north i would expect them to play a fairly hefty part in there as well.
    I hate to break this to you, but being undead means you don't die when killed. Heck even if they burned the body in Azjol'Nerub, Arthas could most likely go to the place and his spirit back to the world. He's the freaken lich king.

In an fight between mortals vs undead, even if the mortals win, Arthas could most likely rebuild that same army of fallen undead with the remains.

Also unlike Keal >.> most people want Anub'arak to play a bigger role and come back in a later raid since they really hated his 5 man role.

Well , the PTR files contains him as I said , at least a very similar skin , even though kind of Icy.

Guess we'll have to wait ^^
    Why Not ^^

The Lich King brought Anub'arak back when he got killed in Azjol-Nerub. Now his heart is as cold as ice, which explains his new skin.

He'll be the last boss of the new 5-man, except this time, to go along with his new skin, he'll be hurling Frostbolts. And maybe have Frost Armor or something.

Agree, i think there will be 5 bosses in arena grounds, than scourge will attack, and we will fight that two bugs somewhere in the earth.

Like tournament was attacked by scourge.

About 5 man, i dont think there will be any scourge attacking.

Btw i think thsi whole arena thing is kinda lame and boring, i love to explore new worlds in instances, aka BT hyjal sunwell karazhan, just explore lair of evil.

Now we will fight on the same place..

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu
    I don't think so. I believe that the achievement "The Traitor King" is just a fun name for killing loads of spider-ish creatures.
    This.

And:

Could be the "Lord Jaraxxus" mentioned in the "kill the bosses" achievement.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'm getting really tired of Bolvar being included in Arthas-related speculation. If you guys paid attention to the Wrathgate cinematic, you'd see Arthas leaves BEFORE Bolvar even "dies".

I think that Anub'arak will be back as a new Patchwerk type fight, risen by the lich king as nothing more but an empowered husk, whether or not we actually get to fight him in this patch is beyond me (I doubt it, however)

Now the Black Knight, I have no clue, as we have unmasked him but he was just some random guy

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shabada
    He'll be the last boss of the new 5-man, except this time, to go along with his new skin, he'll be hurling Frostbolts. And maybe have Frost Armor or something.
    Already confirmed it's the Black Knight on this fight.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Acacea
    I'm getting really tired of Bolvar being included in Arthas-related speculation. If you guys paid attention to the Wrathgate cinematic, you'd see Arthas leaves BEFORE Bolvar even "dies".
    That are details, bliyyard didnt do this video detail bz detail so it can refer to future of raids.

They made it for players to say "cooooool"

Quote Originally Posted by Acacea
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?npc=33442

As we know Blizzard/Metzen, the LK slash his minions took Bolvar's burnt body from the battlefield after (most of) the dragons departed again. The "Turned Champion" is either Saurfang Jr.'s soul in a recycled Orc body, or a manifestation of this soul, about to be inserted into the Immolated's body.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?npc=33442

As we know Blizzard/Metzen, the LK slash his minions took Bolvar's burnt body from the battlefield after (most of) the dragons departed again. The "Turned Champion" is either Saurfang Jr.'s soul in a recycled Orc body, or a manifestation of this soul, about to be inserted into the Immolated's body.
    I would trust that wowhead comments, as someone dais, he has alliance legplates..

Small clue but could be right.

Saurfang's spirit inside Bolvar's body... that would be badass.
    Read the signature rules.