Page 1 of 2
LastLast

my RET as Example

Well, this post for medium players who not in the top, but whan't to be good ret DD

At first here's my armory link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...BD%D0%B5%D1%81

First stats for me: Strength, Hit (263cap little overcaped as well for holy attacks)
    secondary stats: Melee Haste(cause of "seal of mortyr", crit ( Must be over 30-31%)
    Dps cycle: No : but priority on CS, Judge

I always on first place in my guild, and in the top of random raids

15+ Year Old Account

Re: my RET as Example

are you serious or is this a troll attempt?

my ret is bad example?

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    are you serious or is this a troll attempt?
    I am somehow still figuring out if the author knows what he is talking about

Thread for medium players, not for the GOD's like you guys

Sorry for post, don't kill me, i'm just mortal paladin

check out some EJ to get some better info.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Texranes
    my ret is bad example?
    ok ill tell you some facts.

Retribution paladins are not ment to be on top of the dps meters. if you are, then you outgear the rest of the raid, or they just suck in damage dealing.

Haste is a sub-par dps increase. here is a list of stats which increases our dps the most. (copied from EJ forum).

Hit rating.......168 (34)
    Strength........186
    Exp rating......101
    Crit rating........84
    Agility.............79
    Haste rating....67
    Armor Pen.......73
    Attack Power....73

as you can see, strength is the best stat to keep stacking for more dps. ofcourse, Hit is important also.

link to the stat value list:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t64775-3...discussion/p5/

Retribution paladins are not ment to be on top of the dps meters. if you are, then you outgear the rest of the raid, or they just suck in damage dealing.

Haste is a sub-par dps increase. here is a list of stats which increases our dps the most. (copied from EJ forum).

Strength........186
    Exp rating......101
    Crit rating........84
    Agility.............79
    Haste rating....67
    Armor Pen.......73
    Attack Power....73

as you can see, strength is the best stat to keep stacking for more dps. ofcourse, Hit is important also.

Thank's for info
    I've seen all of this lot time, but i am not overgeared, maybe they suck?

So what can you say about 3.2? Haste is bad there?

15+ Year Old Account

probably, but dont know for sure. give a WWS/WMO/WOL report of some sort and we can tell you more.

So what can you say about 3.2? Haste is bad there?
    i posted the 3.2 statvalue list, not the 3.1 version. ill check for the 3.1 statvalue list

edit:
    check this link if you want more recent info about statvalues in 3.1 patch.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t53532-3...aladin_thread/

to the OP:

thx for the link,
    Haste
    "Haste received some buffs in 3.1; namely for paladins we get 30% more haste from each rating point. Haste increases white damage and SoB/SoM damage by giving you a few more attacks against a boss; haste does NOT decrease the GCD on our instant strikes or instant spells. You will find plenty of it on our sets and pieces, don't enchant or gem for it. You need 32.7 baseline haste rating to gain 1% haste at 80, but adjusted with the 3.1 changes paladins require 25.2 haste rating for 1% haste."
    Does it means my haste must be "Natural"? So gems on haste don't give much DPS?

15+ Year Old Account

thx for the link,
    Haste
    "Haste received some buffs in 3.1; namely for paladins we get 30% more haste from each rating point. Haste increases white damage and SoB/SoM damage by giving you a few more attacks against a boss; haste does NOT decrease the GCD on our instant strikes or instant spells. You will find plenty of it on our sets and pieces, don't enchant or gem for it. You need 32.7 baseline haste rating to gain 1% haste at 80, but adjusted with the 3.1 changes paladins require 25.2 haste rating for 1% haste."
    Does it means my haste must be "Natural"? So gems on haste don't give much DPS?
    the best way to increase dps is hit and expertise cap. after that, just stack strength.

so yes, forget about haste

the best way to increase dps is hit and expertise cap. after that, just stack strength.

so yes, forget about haste
    Hmm, thx for advice, I'll think about it

Haste is NEVER worth taking over more strength once you are hit capped. Especially if you aren't yet expertise capped. Priority is hit cap, expertise cap, strength strength strength. Nothing else is actually worth purposely stacking on gear.

Strength........186
    Exp rating......101
    Crit rating........84
    Agility.............79
    Haste rating....67
    Armor Pen.......73
    Attack Power....73

I have a question, do not take it as me being rude but how is that AP is so low on the scale.
    Consider 16 str gem gives you 34.8 AP. Same red gem will give you 32 AP . Simple calculation will tell you AP is less valuable than STR equivalent but it is definitely not at the bottom of the table it's more of next best stat to str. Or else any peaces with Ap would be a complete disaster but they are not.

As others have said.. after you get hit capped, and Exp capped, your goal in life is to stay hit and exp capped while maxing str. All other stats just get them when you get them.

Some people argue that AP is just as good since thats all Stregnth is.. but .. needless to say.. Kings, Mark increase your Stregnth .. so every point of stegnth is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    As others have said.. after you get hit capped, and Exp capped, your goal in life is to stay hit and exp capped while maxing str. All other stats just get them when you get them.

Some people argue that AP is just as good since thats all Stregnth is.. but .. needless to say.. Kings, Mark increase your Stregnth .. so every point of stegnth is even better.
    That is not really the point i was trying to make, it is misconception in my understanding to say that AP is worthless as that table says. Because str is basically AP after you convert it and compare to AP equivalents you will see that it is 15% better. Buffs do not affect it but nor do they affect haste, Apen, hit or any other rating we are using so it will not fall more than raitings. AP is fairly close to str in value, that is why we sometimes pickup AP rings and trinkets and have AP buffs and AP food. We also get leather items with AP that perform better than their plate counterparts despite lower Ap values. What is true is that str is best but AP is not bottom of the value table of that i am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alinor
    I have a question, do not take it as me being rude but how is that AP is so low on the scale.
    Consider 16 str gem gives you 34.8 AP. Same red gem will give you 32 AP . Simple calculation will tell you AP is less valuable than STR equivalent but it is definitely not at the bottom of the table it's more of next best stat to str. Or else any peaces with Ap would be a complete disaster but they are not.

The statsweight are on a "1 per point"-base and as AP does only cost half itembudget compared to "hardstats" and ratings it makes perfect sense.

2 AP gives 146
    1 Str gives 186 (obviously more as it scales with talents & bok)

both cost the same itembudget