Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral dps in 3.2?

About how much dps will we lose in 3.2? Anyone that plays on PTR that have compared their dps in 3.1 and 3.2? Will we still be able to top the meters?

Patch notes:
    # Mangle: Ranks 4 and 5 base points reduced by about 11%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
    # Rake: Ranks 6 and 7 base points on initial and periodic damage reduced by about 7%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
    # Rip: Ranks 8 and 9 base points and points per combo point reduced by about 6%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
    # Shred: Ranks 8 and 9 base points reduced by about 10%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
    # Swipe (Cat): Percent of weapon damage done reduced from 260% to 250%.

Re: Feral dps in 3.2?

If you know how to play a Kitty, then you wont have any problems. Savage roar caused those ranks to scale too high, they are not major nerfs, just slight ones.

15+ Year Old Account

The nerf is about 2% in BiS Ulduar gear, and more like 4% in lower (heroics-ish) gear. We had some math in a post at some point, but it seems to have disappeared.

I did it but I didn't save it and some jerk nuked it

I came to the conclusion that it's about a 2% dps decrease with 9k AP. I would expect cats with full BiS uld to have aroun 10-10.5k AP fully raid buffed so the nerf should be around a 1.5-2% dps decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I did it but I didn't save it and some jerk nuked it

I came to the conclusion that it's about a 2% dps decrease with 9k AP. I would expect cats with full BiS uld to have aroun 10-10.5k AP fully raid buffed so the nerf should be around a 1.5-2% dps decrease.
    Yup yup. Shit i'm in some 25man ulduar and some 25man naxx gear and I'm just under 10k AP raid buffed.

I've tested things out on ptr and the dps decrease isn't much. I think rogues and warlocks will have it a little easier beating us on the charts but any feral worth their weight will still be top 5 in a 25man.

All feral cat friend seems to say it still very strong.
    Why Not ^^

if u pay attention on the patch enough...u'll find the key words:'base points'

base pionts contribute less than gears.
    the Boomkin,the berserker

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    I've tested things out on ptr and the dps decrease isn't much. I think rogues and warlocks will have it a little easier beating us on the charts but any feral worth their weight will still be top 5 in a 25man.
    sadly the rouges in my guild are already beating me lol ;D (i realy suc at clipping buffs)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    sadly the rouges in my guild are already beating me lol ;D (i realy suc at clipping buffs)
    Our top dps currently is another feral druid, since I'm no longer a main raider, I passed on a lot of gear over to him, and he's mostly geared out in 25man ulduar stuff, me and a rogue are equally geared and we would bounce between the #2 spot for awhile, now he's combat sword and that seems to have allowed him to edge over me by a couple hundred dps so I'm still usually #3.

Though I did out dps the other day on Thaddius! I did 10.3k dps and he did 9.5 /flex lol. But yeah overall he's outdpsing me now and the other feral seems to be about 200-300 above him.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes:

Ok, I'm too Ulduar25 and Ulduar10man* geared, about 10.2k ap on raid buffs and I'm having serious threat issues. And when I say this, I mean that I'm going over our tanks in threat almost on every boss. =p Do you others (about similar geared ferals) have this same problem? And it seems very lame to wait about 15sec for the tank to get enough threat =/ It feels slacking (in dps-wise) and feels just bad

Any advice? And yes, I do spam Cower when it's off CD.... -.-

EDIT: *supposed to be Ulduar 10man HM geared
    ..::||Sinma||::..

Take cower off your bars and take your tanks out of your guild.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Take cower off your bars and take your tanks out of your guild.
    ^-- any competent tank should pull ~6-7k TPS so you shouldnt have threat issues.

Yea, I shouldn't have problems.. But still, it may just be the case popping Berserk too early in the fight, because after trinkets have procced (grim toll+greatness AGI) I'm getting 14k shreds (in 25man buffs+debuffs) sometimes even 3 or 4 times in a row. I have to admit, that can be little too much TPS even to our tanks

15+ Year Old Account

the only time you should come close to pulling (even with back to back shred crits) is right at the start if you pop berserking of the bat, and even than that can be fixed by setting hunters/rogues to MD at the start.

Dunno what I'm doing 'wrong' then ;D Because I usually use Berserk after the first apply of Tiger's Fury (to get energy back up to 100).. After that I'll make most of it: spam shred and re-applying rake and mangle (if our mangle/trauma-bot isn't around). And just before Berserk is running out, I use Fero bite to clear the CPs (yes, I'm making sure there is 7-8sec in 5cp rip left).

In fights like Ignis, I usually wait the tank to get about 35k threat, then I start my rotation. And if I don't get slagpotted (threat-wipe) at some point of the fight, my Omen usually says I'm in 95-98% of the tanks 100% =/
    After that I usually keep auto-attacking the boss till I'm under 88% (yay for the dps/dmg loss!)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sinma
    Dunno what I'm doing 'wrong' then ;D
    Your not getting a new tank, thats what your doing wrong.

Sounds like the tanks problem. What class is your tank?

also melee doesnt pull agro till 110% threat, so you have more room than you been giving yourself. on ignis and xt I do get my tank to hit me with vigilance, most of the other fights you will be target swapping at least once so its not much of an issue

just get a new tank indeed :P

Our MT is warrior. He is usually using his Vigilance on our Destro locks, so no Vigilance for me =/ And our two other tanks are atm paladins. But on some fights I do get Vigilance, and then the threat is ok (even better when warrior has Vigilance-glyph). But I'll try to watch more closely on Omen from now on, and pushing closer to the 110% mark. And maybe I can convince our warrior to constantly use Vigilance on me ^_^