getting sick of RMP

I am a mage who started arenas about a couple of months ago and i am used on the 2v2 bracket with rogue. I have tried many RMP setups to be prepared for the arrival of the new patch but all i got is a some failed teams with people who dont know how to cc. and when i find 2/3 skilled people we are looking for hours in /2 for a third person with skills. Anyone has another setup to reccomend me for as a mage in 3v3?

Re: getting sick of RMP

Join a PVP friendly guild and make a team with some one from there....really how would you expect to get some one with skill from /2!!!

you do realize that you as the mage are the primary person responsible for cc.

the priest cant fear..?

the rogue cant sap..? not even necessary lol

realllly hard to blind.

YOU are the main cc

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Pretty much what Mysmere said.

Crowd control will be oh so much more important for mages come 3.2. This will probably lower the RMP representation, since some of the burst is lost. (Hence, it gets harder to play :O )

15+ Year Old Account

You could try Mage/Surv Hunter/Resto Druid/Shaman. Seen those teams just a few times since every Mage goes for RMP, but it can work fine.

Frostmage/destrolock/healer, any healer but a druid will work here. Or druid would work but you could need some dispels, either offensive or defensive ones. I think paladin is the best choice though, he'll be able to spamheal long enough for you to kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by onaqui
    Frostmage/destrolock/healer, any healer but a druid will work here. Or druid would work but you could need some dispels, either offensive or defensive ones. I think paladin is the best choice though, he'll be able to spamheal long enough for you to kill someone.
    Felhunter has offensive and defensive dispels
    a druid is the best choise obviously, both for great heals all around and combined CC with sheep could really fuck over a team more then a spamhealing pala.
    Cyclone one, get your lock and mage ready when it ends you can burst his face in a pile of mush
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/Mage/

mostly RMP but there are some other teams high up there.

afaik there is a FMage/DLock/Rdruid 3s team over 2800. You can keep all 3 people on the other team CC'd almost the entire fight. Sounds good on paper... Honestly, i get all my partners from dueling in front of org, lol. Granted, 1v1 skill doesn't always translate directly into arena skill but for example when i was looking for a DK on my shaman some guy told me that in BC he broke 2k. He didn't use mind freeze once the entire fight, i had no trouble kiting him or just tanking him with water shield on; that's 1 less person you have to try. I also armory everyone and verify their claims of highest personal rating achieved during S5/6 with the corresponding achievements. lots of people say that they "have been around 1800" or 1700 or whatever but you look at their PVP - Arena achieves and they don't even have "Just the two of us: 1550". /2 is phul of phail.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

RMP will be nerfed into oblivion within 3 months after 3.2

You heard it here first.

RMS,RMPally,RMD.

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme
    RMP will be nerfed into oblivion within 3 months after 3.2

You heard it here first.
    QQ more, Least the comp takes skill (Along with RLS,RLD, Bomb teams and a few cleaves)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir
    RMS,RMPally,RMD.

QQ more, Least the comp takes skill (Along with RLS,RLD, Bomb teams and a few cleaves)
    I agree it does take skill.

It is also the comp with the highest potential since it also has the most tools.

When 3's will be nothing but rmp, it will be nerfed.

It is inevitable.

The best way to find good players, is to observe the dueling area. You can tell alot about a player by the way they duel

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    Felhunter has offensive and defensive dispels
    a druid is the best choise obviously, both for great heals all around and combined CC with sheep could really fuck over a team more then a spamhealing pala.
    Cyclone one, get your lock and mage ready when it ends you can burst his face in a pile of mush
    Gotta disagree with you both here. While either healer si fine a disc priest would imo be the best healer for this combo. PI, bubbles, mana burns, mass dispels, and the ability to burst as well as fear. You shouldnt need a druid for cc if your mage is decent and with a priest you have another fear to go along with the locks fears and death coil.

RMP does require skills, especially from the mage, since he is the one opening the fights and setting up the momentum to create a win (mostly with CC).

Coming 3.2, a very good team will be wizard-cleave (mage/destro lock/resto shaman)

Quote Originally Posted by Xulos01
    Lol RMP requires skill? Yeah... sure.. takes about as much skill as a Deathknight.
    If the mage runs out, gets all three into combat and screws up the rogue sap there will be a problem. If the two dont work together and coordinate CC there will be trouble, although the priest has it easier out of the three me thinks.

Personally, i wasn't good enough at RMP to bother staying, i preferred the lolburst of a ret, so i stuck with the mind numbingly easy team i had. Ret Rogue Shaman since it actually doesn't require anything other than the healer living longer than the other healer.
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Xulos01
    Lol RMP requires skill? Yeah... sure.. takes about as much skill as a Deathknight.
    lol as priest not but CC whould need to do some things alteast :d
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

theres a lock/mage/druid at 2930

Quote Originally Posted by Frostitute
    Gotta disagree with you both here. While either healer si fine a disc priest would imo be the best healer for this combo. PI, bubbles, mana burns, mass dispels, and the ability to burst as well as fear. You shouldnt need a druid for cc if your mage is decent and with a priest you have another fear to go along with the locks fears and death coil.
    actually a resto shaman is the best for this comp, making it a magic cleave with interrupts and CC
    able to nuke someone into oblivion in a matter of seconds

and the priest fear and lock fear share DR
    so that makes it pretty useless CC wise
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Sucemamarde
    RMP does require skills, especially from the mage, since he is the one opening the fights and setting up the momentum to create a win (mostly with CC).

Coming 3.2, a very good team will be wizard-cleave (mage/destro lock/resto shaman)
    sort of, druids will still be better.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Skabbig
    Pretty much what Mysmere said.

Crowd control will be oh so much more important for mages come 3.2. This will probably lower the RMP representation, since some of the burst is lost. (Hence, it gets harder to play :O )
    are you joking? RMP is king of CC which will make it work even better

this means that your rogue who is usually targeted by cleave teams will have even more of a chance to survive, all it means is that you can't just faceroll anymore, and actually require following proper strats and developing new ones as you go along

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING