Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Not a fan of bringing back the old pvp titles

The only changes they should do to titles is remove the Jeinkins title
    but then again that useful as it helps spot noobs.

They should just bring in some different named PvP titles if people want to have them so much, let us vanilla PvPers keep our titles. Its not like you see blizz bringing back the titles from PvC and arena in BC. Also i dont use my Knight title to flex my e-peen i just don't have any other nice titles and my chars name by itself is to plain.
    Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a single night. Set a man on fire, and he shall be warm for the rest of his life.

I view old PvP titles as a refreshing change to the myriad new ones that get old after a while, but then at the same time they get old as well. I've rerolled since then numerous times, but personally, I think they are only an indication of personal taste, not how 'good" you are/aren't or how oldschool and hardcore you are.

I'm jealous of my friend who happens to still have Blood Guard, and that was what, only Rank 6 horde? That was easy sauce, but it's a damn sweet title imo

I wouldnt mind the old titles being brought back, i would be dissapointed in blizz for being so lazy about it...
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

Quote Originally Posted by Guineaworm
    The old pvp titles are really the only way of knowing how oldschool a player is. Anyone can claim to have been playing since day one. But the old pvp titles truly separate the new players from the seasoned veterans.
    Oh yea, I'm so proud of my senior sergeant title I got for joining alterac valley a couple of times a week.

I've long abandoned my hunter though. What do you think of that. Now no one knows how freaking veteran I am...
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

It's very simple, bringing back PvP titles should mean that unobtainable titles from TBC should be bringed back too.

Yes, I have one char with Senior Sergeant, that's the char that was last at 70 during TBC days, and that's the char that is still 70 after I leveled 3x 80s. I'm proud with S.S. title, because I put effort (as much as I can, due to work, RL stuff and such) to earn it. I worked hard for my Frostbite and still wear it from time to time. That was my first character and I have very good memories with it. I can tell stories of war and piece, of adventure, of honor ...

What will be the meaning of all this now ? When was the last time when you have summoned Lokholar ? When was the last time when you actually had a fight in Field of Strife ? and by fight I mean real fight, like 30 vs. 30 ?

Battlegrounds as they are now are meaningless, do they really deserve a title ? I don't think so ... as clearing TBC heroics don't deserve a title now.

I only started playing a few months before wrath came out so I don't have any of the old titles.

On that note, I don't think they should bring back all the old titles, they should keep them unique Blizz has been taking away the titles, achievements and rewards for some of the stuff like naxx meta achievements. I don't see a reason for them to add these back to the game. New titles or a new system would be fine though.

When I played Ultima Online they had "Veteran Rewards" where you got credit for each month your account was active and after every year were eligible for a something new. Most of them were just for show so you could see how old someone's account was, and I'd personally like to see something like this implemented. Perhaps BoA mounts, pets or shirts/tabards.

QQ moar?

EDIT: I know this is completely useless as far as posts go, but seriously. You're crying about stupid cosmetic changes. What about people like myself who don't really like titles? I have Twilight Vanquisher and I don't use it. Its semi-unique on my server and I could boast it proudly, but I don't. I could give two shits as to what title people have.

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    QQ moar?

EDIT: I know this is completely useless as far as posts go, but seriously. You're crying about stupid cosmetic changes. What about people like myself who don't really like titles? I have Twilight Vanquisher and I don't use it. Its semi-unique on my server and I could boast it proudly, but I don't. I could give two shits as to what title people have.
    I like my title, it's unique and only a handful of people have it and will ever have it. It is a mark of how long Ive been pvp'ing. People don't need my title. Give them their own they can use in the next ex-pack. This one is mine. Is it relevant to skill? no. But are the old MC and BWL feats of strength relevant to skill? no. Why do people want them? its unique and shows you have experience. I bet if blizzard opted to allow new players to get that crap you pve fucktards would throw fits.
    (yes I am an admitted pve fucktard too)

Quote Originally Posted by Terrab
    Elitist alert.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Been playing since vanilla beta, have pvp titles on some of my characters, but I've long since moved to other characters.

It's fun to have them, but it still seems like such a waste of the titles. I still like the thought of WoW being a grander war-style venture than it is now, and think the titles would be the right way to approach it.

I don't buy into people sitting on their laurels, so I don't care about people who want to 'express' how old-school they are. You have to earn your respect every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    I'm an elitist jerk with shitty arena ratings and little wotlk raid experience? k.

also to rabbi - it can be different titles k?

Deleted

Eh? They said they would like to bring a title system back and that it would not be the same as the previous system. This will not affect you at all.

And having that tittle means a lot,amirite?People will think high of you if you are an oldschool,amirite?

And no you are not special,just because you played that game longer than others players.
    I personaly had a pvp title with my warrior, who i quited after TBC ,and i dont give a damn if they add or not the tittles again.After all, people deserve a chance of getting a tittle that actualy fits in a game based in a war.Not one because they killed X drakes or because they did z amount of dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum

Personally, I don't think they should be reimplemented (no, I don't have one - I started late in TBC) because I don't like the system (from what I've been told).
    They removed it because it didnt work as they wanted, so dont worry they wont implementate the same system.

First off, my highest pvp title is scout or something along those lines.

High Warlord is still, imo, the coolest title in the game. Why? Because it's not obtainable now and you know that player worked to get it and it shows they have been around for a long time.

If they reimplemented the pvp titles, they would be just another title and have no individuality.

I'm a proud owner of the Knight-Champion title on my hunter, who is still my main, and I don't want the old titles back for two reasons: 1) The system sucked big, sweaty donkey balls.

If they were to reuse the titles, it should be with a different system (though they should use new titles too then, because otherwise it would be getting the same title for two very different things, like getting the Immortal for staying alive for an entire naxx run, and getting the Immortal for the wrecking ball achievement. Same title, different ways of achieving).

And 2) These titles aren't just cosmetic, they actually have a use. They allow you to see who's experienced in a battleground, and who pobably has the greatest knowledge of thier class (if they've played it for three years, there's a pretty good chance they figured out how it works). Of course there are exeptions, there are some people who just HK-farmed through Vanilla and AFK-AV'ed through BC, but how many do you honostly believe that could be? Mostly, people with PvP titles are someone who like to BG, and are usually pretty good at it. Most people who've pvped since Vanilla have learned how to win BGs.

I'm all in for making some new PvP titles to go with a rated BG system, but they shouldn't be as easily obtained as the original ones. They should be for the top players only, like arena titles are now. That way, the people you don't want in your raid will continue to use the Jenkins title, so you can still point them out before inviting (Jenkins is another title that has a use other than cosmetics).

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinOfHolyness
    I like my title, it's unique and only a handful of people have it and will ever have it. It is a mark of how long Ive been pvp'ing. People don't need my title. Give them their own they can use in the next ex-pack. This one is mine. Is it relevant to skill? no. But are the old MC and BWL feats of strength relevant to skill? no. Why do people want them? its unique and shows you have experience. I bet if blizzard opted to allow new players to get that crap you pve fucktards would throw fits.
    (yes I am an admitted pve fucktard too)
    QQ moar?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Guineaworm
    There have been numerous posts talking about different ways blizzard could re add them. Although Blizzard themselves have said that they probably would in the future, I'm not a fan of this change.

The old pvp titles are really the only way of knowing how oldschool a player is. Anyone can claim to have been playing since day one. But the old pvp titles truly separate the new players from the seasoned veterans.

I know many would like to see the titles back in, but for those who earned them back in the day, it feels as if your title is worthless when anyone can now get it. Getting asked, "How did you get that title?" never gets old, I would really hate to see these titles brought back into the game.
    Been playing since day 1, have several characters with the pvp titles however I never play them again cause I switched sides... now what?

Kinda mean dontcha think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magics
    Skank alert.
    haha.

anyway, yes, please re-introduce, but also re-invent, Old PvP Titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizel
    First off, I would like to start off by suing Meth dealers for my addiction to meth.

Second, I would like to sue fastfood providers for getting me fat.

And third, I would like to sue beer companies for the DUI I got because I drank their beer and drove. Also willing to sue the car company for allowing me to have the car in which I got the DUI in.

It's only common logic!