Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP hit cap, am i missing something here?

Alright, as i have been told the PvP hit cap for a ret is 5 percent, can somebody confirm this? Because i still ocasionally miss with HoJ(Maybe it goes off spell hit cap so its not maxed? idk)

Thanks for all your help
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Re: PvP hit cap, am i missing something here?

Q: Do i need Hit in PvP?
    A: The hit cap in PvP is 5%, and it's prefered that you cap it if you're going serious in Arena at least. If you just do BGs, then it's not that needed.

Taken from another thread dont know if this helps

thanks for trying but neither of those were the problem, i missed on a Resto Druid Tauren and i have 5.06% hit
    Waiting on Cata

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Narit
    thanks for trying but neither of those were the problem, i missed on a Resto Druid Tauren and i have 5.06% hit
    There can be a number of buffs which could prevent it from landing. What was his team mate?

Deleted

HoJ is spell hit

Well it does help that the druid himself... has mark of the wild... which improved gives 75% to all resists... Unless your teamate dispelled it. I do not think that HoJ is considered a holy spell, I think its an arcane school, but i reay dont remeber its been so long. If its a holy school and you have 5% hit then it should have hit him.

You can also miss on other people who have talents that reduce chance to be hit with spells by %.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Well it does help that the druid himself... has mark of the wild... which improved gives 75% to all resists... Unless your teamate dispelled it. I do not think that HoJ is considered a holy spell, I think its an arcane school, but i reay dont remeber its been so long. If its a holy school and you have 5% hit then it should have hit him.

You can also miss on other people who have talents that reduce chance to be hit with spells by %.
    It is Holy.

wasnt in arena, only noticed it missed in a WSG(just regemmed to get rid of some extra hit i had over cap) and he didnt have any buffs on him

idk hasnt happened since, could of just been random mess up
    Waiting on Cata

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower

Even if it were Arcane, Resistance does not provide additional chance to miss, it provides a chance to reduce damage by up to 100% (which is a "Resist," not a Miss). Further, 75 Resistance ≠ 75% Resistance.

+5% chance to hit caps only melee swings and melee specials. The spell miss chance against a raid boss (level 83) is 17%, so logically it should be 14% against any level 80.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

As far as i know, motw also increases resistance against holy spells, it just doesn't show up on the char-screen.

If motw caused the hoj to fail, you should have seen a "resist" and no "missed". Thats why good sv-hunters have 75 spellpen on their gear (35 back, 2x 20 spellpen-gems) to counter motw.

Resto druid probably had insect swarm and he put that on you.

PvP hit cap
    am i missing something here?
    ICWATUDIDTHAR

Quote Originally Posted by cpwhiz15
    Resto druid probably had insect swarm and he put that on you.
    i had no debuffs
    Waiting on Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    ICWATUDIDTHAR
    LOL

Jesus christ, i didn't even notice that
    Waiting on Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Parietis
    Even if it were Arcane, Resistance does not provide additional chance to miss, it provides a chance to reduce damage by up to 100% (which is a "Resist," not a Miss). Further, 75 Resistance ≠ 75% Resistance.

+5% chance to hit caps only melee swings and melee specials. The spell miss chance against a raid boss (level 83) is 17%, so logically it should be 14% against any level 80.
    Where does this (Bolded) come in?

I know its 5% melee hit chance in pvp, and that leads me to believe its 5% spell hit chance, but with the statement earlier in this thread that spells require 4% to cap for pvp, that sounds accurate.

Deleted

HoJ is on holy school but it will take melee hit rating for the hit chance.
    If you didn't had insect swarm... it's weird. I had misses on my pala too even with hit cap, still most of them were easy to explain: mages, rogues, belfs, ... whatever

Talent in the Balance tree that reduces the chance to be hit by spells by 4% could be a factor...

melee have 5%
    spell in base 4%

dont forget on passive racial ability,,, blood elf -2% all spells school, undeads -2% on shadow, night elfs -2% melee.... etc.
    dont forget on some talents, for example:
    Heightened Senses Rank 2
    Increases your Stealth detection and reduces the chance you are hit by spells and ranged attacks by 4%. More effective than Heightened Senses (Rank 1).

so? if against u is undead rogue = 4 (base) + 2 (UD) + 4 (talents) = u need 10% hit for 100% hit him (warlock PoW) - never miss him
    and spell penetration solves rezists not miss

correct me plz, if i wrote some wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by qsubt05
    and spell penetration solves resists not miss

correct me plz, if i wrote some wrong.
    Spell pen used to effect resists when a fully resisted spell was called a "resist".

Now that spells "miss," spell pen if it works the way that it has worked in the past, does in fact reduce spell chance to miss versus a player target.

"A hunter, a shaman, and a warrior walk into a bar..."

Don't worry, Stubby offers hugs to all who ask.

"He was a demon HUNTER, why can't I use his swords, I'm a hunter, aren't I?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orcca
    You people are fucking terrifying.