About Titan's Path

Anyone willing to speculate this is anything like the Alternate Advancement thing they had in EQ? If so, that'd be a pretty neat system.

Re: About Titan's Path

and bump, looks like I was immediately taken off the first page. rofl.

Ya, cuz there is a heated debate about POTT in another thread lol ur bound to get flamed or start a war in this thread so put on ur shields :P

sorry, I did a search and didnt see the other thread!

I'ts going to be this... you use the new secondary skill to find various items which are then going to be turned in for some sort of reward. some of thos eitems to be turned in will be slightly better and grant a different reward when turned in that will get you the alternate skills or bonuses hinted at in the PotT bit.

might only be able to get 3 or 5 of the bonuses per week at most and they may or may not be centered around certain roles or play styles.

I'm assuming a far number of the pvp perks that make each class excell will be found along the path as well as some flavour stuff, maybe warlocks will finally be abel to get green fire.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Ah; oh well. =P I was really hoping for something similar to EQ's alternate advancement system where you can put experience points into that system even once you hit max level, gain new skills and new augmentations to your existing skills.

Path of the Titans is another great new feature we covered that encompasses rewarding progression at max level. This new feature implements a third new type of glyph called “Ancient Glyph,” and as you can see, it is themed after the titans. These special glyphs are not associated with the Inscription tradeskill, and are also not specific to any class.

You’re able to unlock a path and progress within that path as you continuously engage in different aspects of the game. As you advance, you will be able to unlock special glyph sockets for your character. You can also respec your path at any time, in case you decide to change your path.

You earn these ancient glyphs by using the new Archaeology secondary profession to recover and trade in titan artifacts. Each path will have 2-3 choices per rank, and again, you can respec if you decide to go down another path.
    ??? Path of Aman’Thul, the High Father
    ??? Path of Eonar, the Lifebinder
    ??? Path of Norgannon, the Dreamweaver
    ??? Path of Khaz’Goroth, the Shaper
    ??? Path of Aggramar, the Avenger
    ??? Path of Golganneth, the Thunderer

You can earn progress down any of these paths by doing things such as questing, raiding, PvP, trade skills, etc., with a possible weekly cap for maximum progress. Over time, you’ll be able to unlock new ancient glyphs that will greatly benefit your character.

This new system will be accessible to all players at max level. Players will eventually be able to reach new ranks for ancient glyphs, encouraging them to further develop their characters. There is also a possibility that we will introduce whole new paths in future content patches.