Oculus - easier now ?

I'm literally just 1 achievement away from Glory of the Hero, and I very rarely play which makes finding people that are even willing to attempt "Make it Count" just that much harder. Good players willing to attempt it are even more rare.

Since now drakes in Oculus and EoE scale based on your gear level I was wondering if it actually makes the drakes more powerful. Here's my logic, Blizzard expects you to be in something like mostly blues if you're doing a heroic for the first time so logically that would mean that even if you were in full blues after 3.2 you wouldn't be gimper than you were pre 3.2 so if I wore the exact same gear on a drake in 3.2 that I did in 3.1 I should be more powerful ? b/c I know they didn't design it to buff Oculus and EoE. I think everyone gets what I'm asking.

Obviously the drakes are more powerful than us but say in 3.1 you had full T7 and a ruby drake had 75,000 HP which wasn't based on your gear level, now say you are wearing the exact same gear in 3.2 would that drake Gain hp ?

I'm not talking specifically about blue's, i'm talking about using your current gear that you had in 3.1 and using it in 3.2 and whether or not the drakes would be more powerful, and if they are then that proves blizzard expects you to enter with at least blues.

I know some people will understand what i'm asking and some won't.

Re: Oculus - easier now ?

That will depend what they see as a "base" gear level for the encounter.

For example, with FL vehicles in ulduar, blizzard assumes ilvl200 epics to be the baseline. That means, if you have (in all the slots that count - some don't, e.g. offhand/relic etc) all i200 epics equipped, your vehicle health will be equal to the baseline health of the vehicle. Items of the higher ilvl increase the vehicle health (the formula is googlable); lower quality items dramatically decrease your health (for example my mage alt who has about 2-3 i213 epics, 3-4 i200 epics with rest being i187-i200 blues has only about half the baseline health there).

Oculus is a level 80. I would assume i187 blues being the baseline for regular version and i200 blues for heroic. Which means, most likely everyone will receive a health/damage boost on a drake in 3.2, unless you'r running your fresh alt thru it.

Yeah it should be much easier when good geared.
    I got my red proto a long time ago and my last was Also Make It Count. IMO the hardest achi of them. Should be easier to find people who wants to do it now also.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Yeh it should be way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Brabun
    That will depend what they see as a "base" gear level for the encounter.

Oculus is a level 80. I would assume i187 blues being the baseline for regular version and i200 blues for heroic. Which means, most likely everyone will receive a health/damage boost on a drake in 3.2, unless you'r running your fresh alt thru it.
    You understood exactly what I was asking and you worded it better, thanks.