Seal of Vengeance/Corruption RAMP Up Time

((I apologize now if this has been posted/asked already. Wasn't something I thought about til late last night and I didn't feel like skimming a bunch of threads.))

So as Retribution our Ramp up time on Seal of Vengeance/Corruption is roughly 12 to 15 seconds, since it can only be applied by Auto Attacks now. Can anyone see any "real" draw backs of using a "fast" one handed weapon to apply the 5 stack in 6 to 8 seconds instead and then switching back to your primary weapon?

Yes, our initial damage will be lower for that 6 to 8 seconds, but we will have a 5 stack of Vengeance/Corruption up a hell of a lot faster and would be able to go ALL out 6 to 8 seconds faster then we would be able to.

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Comments?

Re: Seal of Vengeance/Corruption RAMP Up Time

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    ((I apologize now if this has been posted/asked already. Wasn't something I thought about til late last night and I didn't feel like skimming a bunch of threads.))

So as Retribution our Ramp up time on Seal of Vengeance/Corruption is roughly 12 to 15 seconds, since it can only be applied by Auto Attacks now. Can anyone see any "real" draw backs of using a "fast" one handed weapon to apply the 5 stack in 6 to 8 seconds instead and then switching back to your primary weapon?

Yes, our initial damage will be lower for that 6 to 8 seconds, but we will have a 5 stack of Vengeance/Corruption up a hell of a lot faster and would be able to go ALL out 6 to 8 seconds faster then we would be able to.

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Comments?
    Hummm very interesting idea, I can´t do some maths about it right now, but if we get a very fast 1H it can be pretty useable. One way we can know is testing it =D

Posted, discussed, refuted by EJ.

Basically a robot with 0 ms latency and never messes up a rotation would stand to gain about 0.1% dps from this method. With any kind of latency and human error, your dps will go way down.

Tested on PTR, if executed perfectly with a macro, you don't gain any dps at ulduar25 gear level. Stick to your 2 hander.

Humm and what about that idea on PvP?