Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Minimum to start 10 man Coliseum

I'm just wondering, if anyone happened to notice on the ptr or have an idea in general, as to what the minimum gear lvl/spectrum you need in order to do 10 man coliseum.

Just wondering if, after picking up all the badge gear, you could at least do the 10 man.

Thoughts?
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Re: Minimum to start 10 man Coliseum

Seeing as badge gear = low level T9, I would be a little shocked if you can't do 10man with it, at least if you know what you are doing.

Yes and no.

Yes, the badge gear will be decent enough for AC10. No, gear alone won't let you raid it. If you weren't good enough to do Ulduar and collect the gear from there, chances are, you won't be good enough to clear AC.

15+ Year Old Account

honestly depends on skill. i recall going into naxx with my old guild with mostly epics and heroic blues and they struggled. now i do naxx on my alt along with other alts in random gear from greens to epics and have no problem and blaze it in 3hrs.

similar with ulduar, went in with naxx 10 gear and had little problems. but then again its double edged, if you are missing one factor you might have issues, ie; not enough dps hope your healers and tanks can keep up, not enough heals hope you have mitigation and dps etc.

i would say for the 10man to be ready you should have naxx25-uld10 gear. and if you are having trouble work on your group replacing with conquest items with the badges you farm from uld10-naxx25.

Quote Originally Posted by RaidedXofAM
    Yes and no.

Yes, the badge gear will be decent enough for AC10. No, gear alone won't let you raid it. If you weren't good enough to do Ulduar and collect the gear from there, chances are, you won't be good enough to clear AC.
    OMFG bro you had just Sexyed my day up ZOMG that is the best Sig i have ever seen i can only bet you are a pro player and i willlove you for this
    /offballz

You can probably clear it with 25man Naxx Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by xknight
    OMFG bro you had just Sexyed my day up ZOMG that is the best Sig i have ever seen i can only bet you are a pro player and i willlove you for this
    /offballz

just...no

With heroics dropping the upgraded badges you shouldn't have much problem gearing up quickly to enter the instance asap. Just learn the mechanics and the gear will follow. As with any raid.

Quote Originally Posted by RaidedXofAM
    If you weren't good enough to do Ulduar and collect the gear from there, chances are, you won't be good enough to clear AC.
    Not everyone gets the chance to be in an Ulduar group because they actually have to work.

Not having Ulduar gear does not = a bad player

x plus y doesn't always = z
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1
    hmm x,y, and z are not numbers
    wut do i no thou slacked off in school passed calculas wit a c

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken
    hmm x,y, and z are not numbers
    wut do i no thou slacked off in school passed calculas wit a c
    Good thing all that studying for calculus didn't affect your english grades.

I'd go with Naxx 25 geared people could get it done. The fights might be close though.

Not everyone gets the chance to be in an Ulduar group because they actually have to work.

what a lame excuse..

why do you even care about the next raid if you have to work 24/7.. how do you even manage to get time to write on such a forum, i dont get it..

on topic, there arent any minimum gear requirements, there are more factors than just gear, theoretically, you can have the best gear and still fail and someone can have the worst and suceed

Nobody said anything about being a bad player. They said if you cannot currently, with the gear available in game, go into Ulduar and get gear out of there, then you probably wont be able to go into coliseum with the gear available from 3.2 to get gear from there.

That means if you are bad at ulduar, you will be bad at coliseum.

I'm a casual and I hate when people twist words to always make EVERYTHING sound like an attack on people who don't play much. Stop getting defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by burek
    what a lame excuse..

why do you even care about the next raid if you have to work 24/7.. how do you even manage to get time to write on such a forum, i dont get it..
    Again, people jumping straight to hostility. And writing on a forum can be done WHILE at work, while on a slow part of the day (like me.. right now) or while you are checking up on the game info thats coming out, etc.

Some people care about raiding even though they cant do it often. I'm interested in Coliseum even though my guild raids MAYBE twice a week, usually only once though.

Can we at least TRY to not assume everyone is out to get us for once and just have a normal discussion?

And yes, I do agree that gear doesnt always mean you can succeed, it highly depends on the skill level of your players. Gear =! skill.

Not many people work 24/7, but also not many people have 3-4 hours a night that they can devote to raiding. For the record, spamming forums from work is one of the best things you could do to kill some time.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    spamming forums from work is one of the best things you could do to kill some time.
    i figured thats why they gave me a computer so i went with it

Generally when I read threads like these it's always safe to say that if you have to ask that question you might not be able to do it. If you for one second think you are under geared then your best bet is to do Naxx/Ulduar 25 or at least an Ulduar 10.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I had been working plenty when Ulduar came out. I have time off for a while now. That's why and how.

I hate when people twist words to always make EVERYTHING sound like an attack on people who don't play much.
    I didn't have to twist anything....it is what it is.

theoretically, you can have the best gear and still fail
    Absolutely.

and someone can have the worst and suceed
    Nope.

Go ahead. Get together your absolute best, top players. Put on a bunch of random drop greens you've found while you're doing dailies or whatever and hop yourself into Coliseum. You're going to fail.

I know what you're trying to say, but in doing it you're ignoring what the original poster is clearly asking. There's some minimum gear level for success; some minimum gear level where no matter how good you are, you just aren't going to have the DPS, the mitigation, the healing, whatever, to get the job done. Some level of gear where you're holding your own, and some level where you're getting carried.

Rather than people ridiculing him for asking, we should be happy that there's a player left out there who doesn't want to run an instance he's not geared for. I'm sure we've all run across our fill of the opposite types. I'd take the person who asked this question over them any day. You want a good player? Start with ones who actually give a shit if they can do their jobs; who care about something other than gearing themselves up as quickly as possible. Then fix the gear. That's the easy part.

3.0 content was cleared with t6... So yes, you can succeed if you do not meet the gear requirements.

Gear=/=skill
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

My bear tank is in 25 naxx gear. I can pick up a few upgrades just from badges and get some leatherworking armor made since I'll be able to buy runed orbs..(Loatheb never wanted to drop his boots )..or maybe finally see ulduar and get some.

My post was more in reference to my hunter who I would like to play on a little more....tanking gets old after a while to me. Along with badge items and drops out of the new 5 man, I'm just trying to get an idea of what I need to do so that I can see some of that content since I wasn't able to be around for ulduar.