Thread: New Bg idea.

New Bg idea.

What would you guys think of a BG where the purpose is killing? Like the idea would be each side starts off with like 50-100 resources and each time someone of the opposing faction gets killed they lose a point, or done with a process of elemination type thing, start off with 10 or so people and once you die you can't rez or anything and the last team standing wins. I think it would be pretty entertaining, and people won't be able to bitch at you for going around killing people the whoe BG=D

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Bg idea.

For sure not the last man standing part. Although that sounds cool, imagine getting killed in 30 seconds and having to wait the entire game for the other Resto Druid vs Resto Druid to have a 1 hour fight. (Since ofcourse you will be rewarded at the end, so you do have to wait). The resource BG sounds like fun and has been proposed several times before. Seeing something like this, however, will probably take ages even IF Blizzard will ever consider it.

...and perhaps you could get a damage buff as the game progresses that makes you either deal more damage or take more, like when the flag carriers become venerable in WSG

Quote Originally Posted by spamcoil
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

^

Imagen if you got shitload of healers, it would take ages!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezachulator
    What would you guys think of a BG where the purpose is killing? Like the idea would be each side starts off with like 50-100 resources and each time someone of the opposing faction gets killed they lose a point, or done with a process of elemination type thing, start off with 10 or so people and once you die you can't rez or anything and the last team standing wins. I think it would be pretty entertaining, and people won't be able to bitch at you for going around killing people the whoe BG=D
    Well don't Arena's serve this purpose? All you really do is fight until you kill the other team, just no resources just 1 death each.
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!

10+ Year Old Account

I really like the last man standing idea of a BG. So here is my idea.

BG area: A giant flat, round stone drifting above the maelstrom.
    Spawn areas: On the edge of the circle.
    Event: a) After 5 min the outer edge of the circle crumbles to the depths taking players with it.
    b) A total of 5 circles will crumble resulting in a 30min match.
    "Lives": Each player will have 10 respawns at his/her possesion unless falling of the edge wich results in a perma death.
    Rules: Kill the others.
    Capacity: Varies. 40 vs 40 or 20 free for all.

What do you think??
    For the Emperor.

The resources idea to fight till one runs out of resources is already implemented, just hope you get an Alterac Valley of pure kill each other.

Isle of Conquest seems fun, hopefully from what I've seen its actually a warzone (loads of npcs spawned from keep, warship etc. paratroop in and fight players, other npcs for effect). I don't understand the warship though, is there like an anti-air for it or can it just be abused to hell?

I guess the Maelstrom is an ok idea, either move in to the battle, instead of hiding or you die. The free-for-all would be silly, because like every free-for-all everyone forges an alliance to kill someone, until they are last standing or whatever. But it would have to have an objective to it, Isle of Conquest is for resources, Alterac Valley is to get resources or keep it sacred as Arena is only the PvP thing which is fighting for entertainment *cough rigged cough*
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

@ the idea where people can fall off the edge:

What about Boomkins/Ele Shamans. If I got knocked off by that BS i might QQ myself to death.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby
    @ the idea where people can fall off the edge:

What about Boomkins/Ele Shamans. If I got knocked off by that BS i might QQ myself to death.
    Thats the entire idea! Same goes for being stunned on the edge just about when its going down.
    Allthough I must say that there must be a certain reward for fighting close to the edge.
    Something like a damage increase or more honor per kill.
    For the Emperor.

But the only ones who could recover from that is Warlocks with demonic circle, or rogues, death knights who time their magic thing right. Otherwise shamans and druids would be like "hai, bai" because the dmg increase would be no use if your plummeting to your death, maybe a giant electric fence which sends you flying into the middle with a sign that says "hi there, I tryed to afk and leech honour" and becomes hostile to everything, well maybe that's for afkers but still.

I'd still like a bg like alterac valley, with hostile npcs to everything because they live there or whatever, naga's cue at this point.
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Warlock
    But the only ones who could recover from that is Warlocks with demonic circle, or rogues, death knights who time their magic thing right. Otherwise shamans and druids would be like "hai, bai" because the dmg increase would be no use if your plummeting to your death
    Dont forget that mages can blink off the falling "outer circle of death". Thats for getting out fast. To counter the knockback from certain classes I guess you will have to just be carefull. But the way I see the circles is not a 6 feet wide patch of rock but more like 40 yards. I dont think that a knockback is that big.
    For the Emperor.

I was alost thinking like a king of the hill BG sort of like EOTS but with only one big hill in the middle of the BG and the faction that controlls the hill to a certain amount of points wins. I think it would be fun and lots of killing. Though elemental shamans would be really annoying, and boomkins. But even so.

I was alost thinking like a king of the hill BG sort of like EOTS but with only one big hill in the middle of the BG and the faction that controlls the hill to a certain amount of points wins. I think it would be fun and lots of killing. Though elemental shamans would be really annoying, and boomkins. But even so.
    This idea is interesting, I actually like it. That would be a lot of fun. But maybe even have the hill or capture point move around a bit, such as if a team got like 50 points or whatever from a single capture point or king of the hill area, then the area moves so there would be change and the opportunity for the other team to gain control of the hill. That would be a fun BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    I really like the last man standing idea of a BG. So here is my idea.

BG area: A giant flat, round stone drifting above the maelstrom.
    Spawn areas: On the edge of the circle.
    Event: a) After 5 min the outer edge of the circle crumbles to the depths taking players with it.
    b) A total of 5 circles will crumble resulting in a 30min match.
    "Lives": Each player will have 10 respawns at his/her possesion unless falling of the edge wich results in a perma death.
    Rules: Kill the others.
    Capacity: Varies. 40 vs 40 or 20 free for all.

What do you think??
    One thing you'll always get in a 40-man giant free for all is... combat log.

[1:32:15] Your Aimed Shot hits WTFDruid for 2000 damage.
    [1:32:17] Your Aimed Shot hits WTFDruid for 2000 damage.
    [1:32:18] Your Aimed Shot hits WTFDruid for 2000 damage.
    [1:32:19] MageOne's Arcane Blast WTFPWNS you for 5000 damage.
    [1:32:19] MageTwo's Arcane Blast WTFPWNS you for 5000 damage.
    [1:32:19] MageThree's Arcane Blast WTFPWNS you for 5000 damage.
    [1:32:19] MageFour's Arcane Blast WTFPWNS you for 5000 damage.
    [1:32:19] MageFive's Arcane Blast WTFPWNS you for 5000 damage.
    [1:32:19] MageSix's Arcane Blast WTFPWNS you for 5000 damage.
    [1:32:19] MageSeven's Arcane Blast WTFPWNS you for 5000 damage.
    [1:32:20] You have died.

Ahh, indeed epic, but AoE + alot of people in a small area = overpowered.

What would you guys think of a BG where the purpose is killing?
    WOAAAAHOHOHO new big idea! never heard this one more than a million times. Its seriously not going to happen, and it is a pretty stupid concept.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    WOAAAAHOHOHO new big idea! never heard this one more than a million times. Its seriously not going to happen, and it is a pretty stupid concept.
    I agree that it's not a new idea, and it's been suggested hundreds of times, but I don't think it's a stupid concept. You can theoretically win all battlegrounds without actually fighting. Something about that just seems wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    that is a moment where even /headdesk does not quite cut it. i promptly proceeded to /bodywall.

No....Just.....No
    Trying is the first step towards failure