Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.2 Titanium costs

So for you miners out there, what do you think the cost per stack will average on patch day?

They run for around 180-200 on my server so I was thinking they will probably be about 500g.

As for the JCs out there what are you thinking about paying for day one epic gems?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.2 Titanium costs

I got ore stacks for 90g on my server. I expect gems to rocket to 300g-500g when the patch hits.

The new badge cost for red, blues, and yellows will help keep the price up.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Throbbert
    As for the JCs out there what are you thinking about paying for day one epic gems?
    I'm a JC and I have no intent on paying anything for epic gems once they come out on patch day. Since I'm currently a casual, I plan to cash in all my saved up Stone keeper's shards (over 1k on main + alts), turn them into honor, buy gems, have about 1k badges/emblems/etc saved up on all my toons combined as well. Gonna cash all of that in + the 20 or so stacks of Titanium that I luckily and unconsciously bought when the prices were extremely low (35 or 40 gold per stack).

But if you ask me what I play on charging, that's a different story.... I'm hoping to get around 500g per (red) gem.

I'll be cashing in on red gems the most, maybe a few blues (which I will probably buy with emblems) because I know most tanks out there like to stam stack and buying them with honor is dumb because I can get red gems at the same cost.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

If you saved your titanium.. be prepared to make some gold like a mothafucka

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    If you saved your titanium.. be prepared to make some gold like a mothafucka
    Full guild bank tab full of it FTW xD
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

indeed, bought some stacks when prices were low and farmed the honor cap on my 3 80's ill probably get the sp cut and see how much they go for, gonna be interesting

A stack of 20 was going for 130g on my server about a month ago. I expect that price to skyrocket today. Wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 600-700g on my server. Glad I stocked up when I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Throbbert
    Zero. I can honestly wait to get epic gems till I have them through other means. I did just fine with the Blue gems, I can wait till either the price of titanium comes down or I save up extra honor.

WoW is like the stock market, pretty efficient. The inflation on Titanium has more than likely already seen the adjustment. The prices you paid right after the news came out was a lot more than before (except for a few dumbass people who sold the ore without knowing what they had).

You may see a slight bump in prices but more than likely if you have been paying 200g per stack it will stay pretty close to that unless the supply of epic gems or titanium ore starts to dry up (Supply & Demand FTW).

See, my parents didn't waste ALL of the $100,000 it took to send me to college.

15+ Year Old Account

125-140g atm on my realm.
    Personally I couldnt care less, I mined 200 myself and got 3 chars that are transmution masters and 400 rare gems and all the needed eternals
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I think stacks will skyrocket to 500ish..

For 20 minutes before half the fucking server starts to undercut =)

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    WoW is like the stock market, pretty efficient. The inflation on Titanium has more than likely already seen the adjustment. The prices you paid right after the news came out was a lot more than before (except for a few dumbass people who sold the ore without knowing what they had).

You may see a slight bump in prices but more than likely if you have been paying 200g per stack it will stay pretty close to that unless the supply of epic gems or titanium ore starts to dry up (Supply & Demand FTW).

See, my parents didn't waste ALL of the $100,000 it took to send me to college.
    only most of it.
    I keed, I keed.

Most ppl seem to forget that non-JCers have been stockpiling badges/marks/honor to buy their own gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    The interwebz, protecting enraged nerds from ass-woopin they would get irl since almost 40 years.

I debated farming titanium for my JC but I figured since I had found it such a good idea, so would everyone else. And it wouldn't be worth it in the long run due to the undercutting that will likely be taking place.

Either that or I am just really, really lazy. Not sure which.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali
    Healers ARE held to a high standard, they're just also held to the healer motto: "We can't heal stupid".

All I can say is it's a VERY good day to be an Alchemist. I can guarantee that Sholazar, Icecrown, and Storm Peaks are going to be filled with everyone and their mother's max mining alts farming for titanium ore. Personally, I plan on buying the transmute recipes and making a killing that way (assuming that the new gem transmutes are similar to the Meta gem transmutes in that they don't have a cooldown)
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

From what i seen all the Xmutes will have a 20 hour CD on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceraphym
    I debated farming titanium for my JC but I figured since I had found it such a good idea, so would everyone else. And it wouldn't be worth it in the long run due to the undercutting that will likely be taking place.

Either that or I am just really, really lazy. Not sure which.
    I think lazy like that every patch and regret it when I see everyone else get rich.

Not this time. Dont forget there will be extremely high demand day one. Extremely. Prices will drop rapidly, but you'll make some dough the first several hours.

Quote Originally Posted by aeglaeca
    From what i seen all the Xmutes will have a 20 hour CD on them.
    You're correct.
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarpanti
    All I can say is it's a VERY good day to be an Alchemist. I can guarantee that Sholazar, Icecrown, and Storm Peaks are going to be filled with everyone and their mother's max mining alts farming for titanium ore. Personally, I plan on buying the transmute recipes and making a killing that way (assuming that the new gem transmutes are similar to the Meta gem transmutes in that they don't have a cooldown)
    Transmute: Ametrine

Spell Details

Duration n/a
    School Physical
    Mechanic Discovery
    Dispel type n/a

Cost None
    Range 0 yards (Self)
    Cast time 5 seconds
    Cooldown 20 hours
    Effect #1 Create Item

Yeah, I remember back in BC when they stopped Motes of Shadow from dropping off all demons... and Primal Shadow were better vendored than the price you'd get for them on the AH. When the news came out that they were making this change, I kept thinking, "Yeah, I'll farm some of those... eventually... cause the price is going to skyrocket."

Sure enough, about the time they took the eternals from demons, BT came out. And everyone needed SR.

/facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali
    Healers ARE held to a high standard, they're just also held to the healer motto: "We can't heal stupid".