Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Scaling- The boomkin problem

We are trying to consider a way to consider damage, and i figured Thorim (normal mode) to be the most stable. People can, for the most part, stand still and nuke, which is the comparable. If you want to add hard mode Thorim as a DPS comparason, then you have very inaccurate numbers because of movement. On a normal mode Thorim, there is not so much of that, and through WWS logs you can look at specific damage done only to Thorim.

Hodir was not a hard mode attempt - we had too many healers and not enough DPS to switch in - as you saw (or didn't), 6 healers is not acceptable for Hodir hard mode. I agree though, some could be doing more. The mages usually dominate with a FFB spec on Hodir, but i peaked once at 18k on an attempt that failed in the last 30 seconds though. That is not the point of this discussion, though, but since you brought it up, lets consider it a bit:

If you have 21 DPS on a hodir fight, two warlocks at 17,5, two mages at 14,5k, 2 boomkins at 13k and then 15 DPS at 10k, that amounts to a total raid DPS of 240.000 DPS. Lets be large, and say that you have a raid DPS of 200.000. With Hodirs 32,5 million health, you would kill him after two minutes 42 seconds. But the more DPS your raid has, the shorter time it takes to DPS him down, and that increases your DPS. The faster you kill him, the less time you spend not being bloodlusted, and you will be able to be under the effect of storm clouds more. I am sure one as above everybody else as you can see what i mean. The fight you saw wasn't a hard mode try, so stop comparing it to one

Now on that note, idk how you can possibly be pulling 7k+ in your gear qieth.

Please teach me your secrets.
    I have no idea where you are pulling this number from. I gave you examples of a Vezax fight, and a Thorim fight, and i used Thorim as a benchmark because it is more or less tank and spank if you do it on normal. The numbers i pulled from Thorim would amount to 5699,2 DPS on a 190 second fight to nuke Thorim down.

However, you offer no counter argument, no logs, your armory doesn't show your moonkin gear, so i really have no idea if you are trying to say that i am not as leet as you, or if you are calling me a liar (which is odd, since you can look up the data i am referring to).

What i am boiling down to is: I am with people geared equally as myself, and at the moment, my damage is QUITE comparable to theirs.

Our boomkins do quite well, and for certain fights they get in the top 3 slots. (we only have 2) We have allot of geared people and they are on equal footing. Nobody can truely say that there is somthing wrong with our dps compared to others.
    If boomkins scale well, thats another story, but scaleing doesnt matter if you keep getting buffed to be just as good, am I right?
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

What I'm trying to say as that, yes you may be on top with your guild. But in a raid with my guild you would be near the bottom.

Here is our Ignis from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=6127&e=6310

Here is our Steelbreaker from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...=11077&e=11361

Here is our Lord Jaraxxus from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=3515&e=3750

On that last attempt keep in mind I had to switch to adds throughout the fight.

And I logged out in my moonkin gear so you can see it. Yes and I do out gear you by a fair amount.

Deleted

No you didn't - i see feral gear.

I was once in a guild where i was the top caster dps as moonkin, I out was out dpsing our mages, warlocks, huntetrs and even our feral druids. No ranged DPS could touch me. I recently xferred to a better guild where i cant come close to topping meters. Every mage warlock, and hunter should always be beating you. Since we are a hybrid class we should be near the other hybrids.(eleshammy, shadowpriest) Blizzard did not make us to top meters in any way, and any DPS only class should for most circumstainsis always out dps us. If they arent beating you on dps plain and simple they suck. Please stop crying, your hybird class, your not expected to be the number one DPS and if you are the rest of your guilds pure DPS classes suck and you should g-kick them and recruit some better players. Trust me, it was like that for a while with me before i xferred.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Kentukyfried
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.arygos.kentukyfried#inventory
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Deleted

That post was not constructive at all. "They suck, kick them" seems rather silly. We are going through hard modes nicely, which tells me that people are generally quite well at playing their class (unless you want to pull the "Im more uber" card in some fashion). Gear differences may well be the issue, but at the moment - and this is all my comment was - i am equally geared to my guild mates, and our DPS is often similar.

I am neither crying or complaining (and by god, i hate it when people has nothing better to add to a discussion than that), i am simply forcing you to acknowledge that even if we aren't supposed to do comparable DPS, we still are, and that goes for many hybrids.

Just saying from my own experience being the best moonkin in terms of skill and gear on two servers, and being in some very good guilds with other skilled moonkins and players. If you’re doing as much as pure DPS classes (mages, hunters, warlocks) they are doing something wrong . Either they are lacking in terms of gear or just lacking very hard in terms of skill.

At the beginning of the fight you as moonkin should generally be on top. Our burst DPS is extremely high, you get an eclipse proc from starfire at the begining and you are pretty much stuck in first. But our sustained dps is mediocre even with the new buff to eclipse. A number of fights in ulduar I'm top doing around around 8k+ for the first 20seconds or so. But as the fight persist your spells cannot match up with those of other pure DPS classes. It comes with being a hybrid. I remember in my old guild I was #1 on the entire fights and i new i shouldnt be, the guild I’m in now I start out number #1 for a good 20seconds of every fight, but as the fight goes on I quickly get blown out of the water by other pure dps classes. Getting my point across that if you are consistently beating your pure dps classes, they ARE doing something, and need improvements via gear, spec, or rotation.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.arygos.kentukyfried#inventory
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Deleted

You didn't "just" say that - you gave it a wiffy air of elitism and tried to demean several constructive posts with "Stop crying". I have no interest in that.

I never claimed beating pure DPS on a regular basis, but i did use the word "comparative". I am not strutting around claiming to be several thousand DPS ahead of everybody else, or even on top - there are too many variables across fights to point at one class and spec and say "they are the best, always". Raid composition is an important factor as well, and when i am *often* jumping around in top 5 - coupled with the fact that we are going through hard modes in a steady pace - my own conclution, from my own experience, has to be that we are - at the point where we are - comparable.