Question about haste

This maybe a dumb question but I didn't see the answer around.

Does each point of haste increase your haste or does it go by break points?
    For example on a feral druid each 1% of haste is .01 attack speed.
    Ferals start out at 1.00 so if I had 1% haste it would be .99 attack speed.
    Occasionally it does round up it seems, but on average this is true.

My question is If i have a higher % haste with one setup but the actual attack speed remains the same will it actually be faster, or should I just aim for the break points.

Re: Question about haste

The reason for the 'break points' as you call them is that the haste calculation is not simply original time * (1 - Haste%). The formula is actually:

NewTime = OldTime/(1+Haste%)

As for whether or not it gets faster regardless of the display amount, I would say almost certainly yes. Blizzard's calculations in WoW generally have a precision of 4 decimal places, and I don't see any reason why this would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Break points are on second decimal, afaik, for cat attacks. All in all, however, it's quite difficult to "aim" for them, so you shouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Haste for feral (cat) is a pointless stat, you see much more benefit from Armor Penetration all around for cat form. For bear form it seems haste helps out quite a bit, especially for maul because its on next attack, and glyphed it produces an additional attack to a nearby enemy. So with enough Haste ive seen it as low as 1.9 in bear which is ridiculous for quick aggro gain. Especially with mauls that can crit for over 7k. So in conclusion.

Haste for cat = mute.
    Haste for bear = beneficial (just don't go crazy with the stat).

OoC scales with Haste, so it'd be kinda short-sighted to call it useless for Cats. That being said, don't go looking for it on gear nor gem for it. Take what's on your gear and enjoy, but that's it.

That is what I meant, its just overkill to gem or enchant for it in kitty gear.