Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What does BM need to save it from the grave?

Blizz has states that Beast Mastery's DPS is too low, and i'm sure everyone agrees, because simply put it really is.

Blizz is also making small changes that has improved it since the Readiness nerf.

What would you change about the BM tree that would make it more viable?

I think the last talent should also add a new Happiness level to your pet, which further increases the damage it causes.
    []http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7800/forumsigsmall.jpg[/img]
    I totally stole this signature

Re: What does BM need to save it from the grave?

I personally hope it never becomes the top raid dps spec again, its so boring to play even now.

The only way to truely save it would be to add in 2-3 shots or abilities.

Reinstate 50/21/0 for PvE.

Done.
    I love the Power Glove.

buff steady shot once again/nerf chimera/explosive

a talent high end in BM to increase steadyshot damage or sumat

Any spec where a computer(pet) does a majority of your damage should be sent, kept, and forgotten in the graveyard.

Just saying.

To be honest, I don't know why BM can't just stay the leveling spec and the other two DPS specs be the promiment raiding options.

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    Any spec where a computer(pet) does a majority of your damage should be sent, kept, and forgotten in the graveyard.

Just saying.
    In any Marksman spec, the majority of your damage comes from Autoshot, which is shot by the computer. You want Marksman to be put in the graveyard?

Just saying.
    A majority, but not all.

And auto shot is done by a computer, like that other fellow said.

In any Marksman spec, the majority of your damage comes from Autoshot, which is shot by the computer. You want Marksman to be put in the graveyard?
    No shit, in any [edit]: physical dps spec, a lot of your damage comes from auto-attack. And since you didn't notice, I put in parentheses "pet." Meaning I specified it to pet.

Pet.

Do you understand? Pet.

One more time.

Pet.

Pet?

A ressurecting class or an engineer with gnomish army knife or goblin jump cables.

exotic pets doing much much more dmg and much better abilitys then reg pets
    2 or 3 new shots far in bm tree
    replenishment in bm go oom pretty fast and your dps goes down alot with having to switch between aspects

No shit, in any [edit]: physical dps spec, a lot of your damage comes from auto-attack. And since you didn't notice, I put in parentheses "pet." Meaning I specified it to pet.

Pet.

Do you understand? Pet.

One more time.

Pet.

You understand what majority means right? Over 50%.

Besides, you need to decide when to use BW and kill command and such. That your pet isn't exactly automatic. you know, BW. Say it again, Bestial~Wrath~~~ activate-by-hunter.

If your pet out dmg you, even as you are BM. You suck at being a hunter. No and, but, about it.

Since pet doesn't scale as much with your gear as you do. The gap should go up when u get better gears.

Try not to feed the trolls

You understand what majority means right? Over 50%.

Besides, you need to decide when to use BW and kill command and such. That your pet isn't exactly automatic. you know, BW. Say it again, Bestial~Wrath~~~ activate-by-hunter.

If your pet out dmg you, even as you are BM. You suck at being a hunter. No and, but, about it.

Since pet doesn't scale as much with your gear as you do. The gap should go up when u get better gears.
    I didn't know majority was specific for 50% nor do I hear it used in that way. So, I stand corrected. A considerable portion of your damage shouldn't be done by a pet, in my opinion. And with the exception with a few spells, your pet can be automatic.

I remember raiding with my BM hunter at 70... had one macro set to my mouse wheel and just spun that. Got in the top three DPS every time. -.-

Was easier than BC Destro :/

I didn't know majority was specific for 50% nor do I hear it used in that way. So, I stand corrected. A considerable portion of your damage shouldn't be done by a pet, in my opinion. And with the exception with a few spells, your pet can be automatic.
    Yeah, but then again, as a marks raiding hunter my pet is often 20 percent or more of my damage.

The biggest issue with having the pet do more damage, similar to why its hard to balance demonology, is that when a pet is doing a larger portion of the damage, you become gimped on fights where pets die easily while on fights that require a lot of coordination, you become too strong because the pet is doing so much damage for you. It's a tough balance. BM has had the reputation of being a pet-steady shot-afk playstyle, and so in order to justify more pet damage, I would propose giving exotic pets some kind of player activated ability(ies) that would make for a more interesting rotation and fit in with the theme of the talent tree while preventing all of the pet's damage to be "mindless"
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Yeah, I would like to see all three hunter specs viable for raid DPS.