Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Leveling trough PVP, where is the gear?

Now that they finally came up with a system to level trough pvp they have again made a very stupid mistake by not working on a whole new gear system.

What to do with all the honor and the marks when you level from 10-80 purely by doing pvp? There isn't that much gear to buy and it's outdated compared to the much stronger gear that can be obtained trough pve.

I really think they should come up with (pvp) bind on account gear that you can buy with pvp marks or with honor.
    Or just (pvp) blue quality gear for marks and/or honor that ranges from lv 10-80 and once in a while an epic.

Re: Leveling trough PVP, where is the gear?

There is pvp boa stuff, check wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by recadra
    The marks required for it are most easely obtained trough pve, strangely the only two pvp bosses in the game right now don't even drop them.

So you can buy: a trinket, a weapon and shoulders... 3 items

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by recadra
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by svstoned
    Or just (pvp) blue quality gear for marks and/or honor that ranges from lv 10-80 and once in a while an epic.
    alrdy exists in a way, the vendors of warsong gulch, arathi basin and alterac valley sell pvp gear and stuff

Some people are total retards, did you even look around before you posted that, yes there is pvp gear available every 10 levels with marks and honor, and secondly there is pvp gear from wg available and from marks of honour, so seriously, there is no excuse for such a stupid post.
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Quote Originally Posted by svstoned

So you can buy: a trinket, a weapon and shoulders... 3 items
    3.2 also has boa chest, which conveniently enough comes in same time as exp gains through pvp.

As mentioned, every X9 level you can get a ton of lewtz that are actually good, and will last you till your next X9. You just need to go visit the respectful vendor of the BG

Quote Originally Posted by jvv
    thisalrdy exists in a way, the vendors of warsong gulch, arathi basin and alterac valley sell pvp gear and stuff
    yes and no, it is no where near a complete set, and many items cant even be obtained till 60.

also most items are at the "8th" level of a bracket. so, 18, 28, 38

all blizzard needs to do is add a few more items and then stagger them throughout the levels, so you get a new item every level
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18680007792&sid=1&pageNo=4#74

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite
    As mentioned, every X9 level you can get a ton of lewtz that are actually good, and will last you till your next X9. You just need to go visit the respectful vendor of the BG
    those items wont cut it. they need to make items with pvp gearing. strictly for pvp. how would you feel if you leveled from 10 to 47 purely on pvp, and some pve twink comes in at 47 and murders you because you have to wait till 48 to get your ONE level of pvp gear?

they should add more.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18680007792&sid=1&pageNo=4#74

3 boa items is more than enough+the stuff you can get every 10 levels or stuff posted above.

With good enchants you can probably still rape 1-60 with just a Boa weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaz
    3 boa items is more than enough+the stuff you can get every 10 levels or stuff posted above.

With good enchants you can probably still rape 1-60 with just a Boa weapon
    the lack of leg items till 60 is a problem, as well as gloves, also the fact that you NEED a level 80 before you can even get 3 boa items to fill other slots.

Quote Originally Posted by x
    those items wont cut it. they need to make items with pvp gearing. strictly for pvp. how would you feel if you leveled from 10 to 47 purely on pvp, and some pve twink comes in at 47 and murders you because you have to wait till 48 to get your ONE level of pvp gear?

they should add more.
    Then you level up again.. getting killed is part of pvp.

And also, someone wouldn't "murder" you just because you don't have the latest piece of WSG gear or whatever. It's not that huge of a difference.
    Quote from Sick4Paradise -

Wow, they should give you Ghostcrawler's job. Wait, no that's a bad idea, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene B
    Then you level up again.. getting killed is part of pvp.

And also, someone wouldn't "murder" you just because you don't have the latest piece of WSG gear or whatever. It's not that huge of a difference.
    your entire set of gear is 9 levels lower than your level. thats a huge difference. one piece is a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager
    Some people are total retards, did you even look around before you posted that, yes there is pvp gear available every 10 levels with marks and honor, and secondly there is pvp gear from wg available and from marks of honour, so seriously, there is no excuse for such a stupid post.
    I really don't wish to give people like you guys any attention but in order to defend my post i have to do so.

I forgot to say that you can also buy a ranged weapon from the WG marks, thats 4 pieces. It's a start but it's not much.

I also said that there is allready buyable gear availible but it's outdated compared to the upgraded pve gear, do you ever read anything before posting something very stupid?

Just a few examples:
    There is an item availble every 10 levels, unlike every level in pve
    The epic bracers (WSG) you can buy are lv 40/50/60 and have no resillience.
    the lv 50 and 60 ones are heavely outdated
    All lv 60 pvp sets are heavely outdated
    All AB epics are heavely outdated
    Not to mention that every item obtained trough pve from the same level is equal if not stronger than the items obtained trough pvp and are also much easier to obtained.

Just thanks for mentioning the upcoming boa chest, i didn't hear anything about a pvp one though.

If i ever happen to make a stupid post, Jager will be my excuse (remind me of that)

Tbh, when i leveled my characters, most the time, i would run around with the same gear for about 10-15 levels, hell on my priest i only upgraded my belt of arugal at lvl 60, and as for the twinks, they will prob be 49 rather than 47, so will kill you anyway.

Further more, if you are so jealous of the lvl 47 guys in pve gear killing you, then go do a fucking instance and stop crying.

Tbh, when i leveled my characters, most the time, i would run around with the same gear for about 10-15 levels, hell on my priest i only upgraded my belt of arugal at lvl 60, and as for the twinks, they will prob be 49 rather than 47, so will kill you anyway.

Further more, if you are so jealous of the lvl 47 guys in pve gear killing you, then go do a fucking instance and stop crying.
    Quoted so he can't edit it when he gets sober.

When Bliz posted about exp in BGs, they compared it to running an instance in exp amount (you can find it yourself, I'm sure).

This implies that they dont intend for you to spend your time from lvl 10 to lvl 80 standing next to your class trainer and queing BGs constantly.

That said... this is just the start of what they're doing with battlegrounds, they even mentioned creating a system where you could get gear from BGs themselves. Try not to get TOO hung up on the fact that people might need to do a quest or instance or two while leveling for a few pieces of non-BoA gear.

I thought this very same thing when I heard hte news, because I plan to level up a few chars entirely in battlegrounds.

I expect in a patch or twos time we'll see some kind of gear for honour thing for lower levels.

It's hardly a great selection for all classes and specs.

It will definitely get changed.

@ the OP
    You're an idiot.