3.2 respec to Prot

With 3.2, I personally hate dpsing. I've read many forums that say SoV is the best seal no matter what the situation is. I've read 2 that say that seal of righteousness (wtf!?!) is the best seal for all situations and I've been told that seal of command isn't even worth getting.

With my own testing, I've found that sov is (obviously) the best single target dps seal while soc is the best multi target/ trash seal.

So I'm just really confused with all of these seals and which one to use and which ones to spec into and blah blah blah.

If I have to respec to get 5/5 sotr or spec out of command or vindication (yeah I had it before stam nerf), then I might as well just respec prot.

Has anyone else just respecced due to ret being gai? (no not "it's hard 2 play QQ make it ez") it's still easy to dps it's just gay In general now

Btw I'm dual specced as holy/ ret, keepin holy because it's awesome and ret makes me cry; I also love tanking =D
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Re: 3.2 respec to Prot

Quote Originally Posted by Bathazar
    With 3.2, I personally hate dpsing. I've read many forums that say SoV is the best seal no matter what the situation is. I've read 2 that say that seal of righteousness (wtf!?!) is the best seal for all situations and I've been told that seal of command isn't even worth getting.

With my own testing, I've found that sov is (obviously) the best single target dps seal while soc is the best multi target/ trash seal.

So I'm just really confused with all of these seals and which one to use and which ones to spec into and blah blah blah.

If I have to respec to get 5/5 sotr or spec out of command or vindication (yeah I had it before stam nerf), then I might as well just respec prot.

Has anyone else just respecced due to ret being gai? (no not "it's hard 2 play QQ make it ez") it's still easy to dps it's just gay In general now

Btw I'm dual specced as holy/ ret, keepin holy because it's awesome and ret makes me cry; I also love tanking =D
    seriously man?

Seal of vengeance and seal of righteousness both have offensive glyphs and a 5 point talent to buff damage.

Command has a neutral glyph which grants mana back.

Why should I spec and glyph for command when two days later I find out that vengeance is actually the number 1 seal for pve in all cases? Then I'd have to respec again to get the perfect talents to maximize my dps when in fact any of these 3 seals could tAke the cake with best seal. I'm not saying it's gai in the fact that it's a sucky spec but that it just needs to ... Make up it's mind(?) as to what the perfect seal is to use.

Before dual specs I spent so much gold on respeccing from ret to holy and prot, for whichever role I was needed for. I like playing all roles andndoing all specs. Since dual specs came out, I hose holy and ret because I had the best gear for them and had no need to respec because I had a chance to fill any spot with 80% chance (4/5 for 5 man - 8/10 for 10 man - 22/25 for 25 mans)

Quote Originally Posted by Litteringand
    seriously man?
    Yes I am

If you have so much knowledge with the spec why don't you share it with me?

Soooo I don't really understand why you made this thread? Did you want to hear QQ from other paladins as well about the removal of seal of blood/martyr or did you need help explaining how the 3 paladin dps seals work? Best way to explain how they work is to go try each one of them out on a target dummy for about 3-5 min.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Soooo I don't really understand why you made this thread? Did you want to hear QQ from other paladins as well about the removal of seal of blood/martyr or did you need help explaining how the 3 paladin dps seals work? Best way to explain how they work is to go try each one of them out on a target dummy for about 3-5 min.
    It was more or less to see if anyone else had thoughts of respeccing. But in a more productive sense, to have some light shed on these seals.

I tested all 3 on the boss dummy in IF because he is isolated. After
    The stacks piled up vengeance did over 120 dps than command. Righteousness was about he same as command.

After that I move to the 80 trget dummies which had 2 next to eachother. Command did over 300 dps more than vengeance due to it proccing on DS. Righteousness and vengeance were about the same.

At the time I did it I was glyphed for vengeance and was 0/5 sotr

i really like what they done with the paladin, im a tank(MS) and still loving it,
    and retri is more fun to play now according to me, mostly because the dps on bosses have increased really much, (find myself doing 9.1k on hodir25 according to recount wich was a really nice increase) and i actually think alittle more how to use my CDs and spells for best output. ,

ive tested the 3 seals on dummys also,

and SoV was the best seal on both boss and 80dummys,

righteouss was alittle lower than SoV but still better than SoC,
    so im not using SoC other than in pvp, and im still testing around there with different seals.

correct me if I wrong, but SoC does weapon damage, so you should see higher damage if you stack armor pen.

Quote Originally Posted by rafein
    correct me if I wrong, but SoC does weapon damage, so you should see higher damage if you stack armor pen.
    I believe you are wrong. The seal (of command) is based off of your weapon damage (numbers in stat sheet), however it still deals holy damage which is unaffected by armor pen. I'm not 100% sure on this since I haven't played ret in about 6 months now, so please correct me if I am wrong.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

seals deal holy damage and are not affected by armor penetration in any way at all

glyph of SoV = 10 expertise

nuff said
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Seal of vengeance and seal of righteousness both have offensive glyphs and a 5 point talent to buff damage.

Why should I spec and glyph for command when two days later I find out that vengeance is actually the number 1 seal for pve in all cases? Then I'd have to respec again to get the perfect talents to maximize my dps when in fact any of these 3 seals could tAke the cake with best seal. I'm not saying it's gai in the fact that it's a sucky spec but that it just needs to ... Make up it's mind(?) as to what the perfect seal is to use.

Before dual specs I spent so much gold on respeccing from ret to holy and prot, for whichever role I was needed for. I like playing all roles andndoing all specs. Since dual specs came out, I hose holy and ret because I had the best gear for them and had no need to respec because I had a chance to fill any spot with 80% chance (4/5 for 5 man - 8/10 for 10 man - 22/25 for 25 mans)

this was well known before the patch. i believe even EJs had it posted then.

i guess i do see where you coming from, but the way you went about it wasn't necessary. i just went back to protection for the first time since karazhan, but not because of the changes to retribution in 3.2, its because ret in wotlk has the skill and enjoyment equivalent to a game of hungry hungry hippos. protection is alot of fun now as well and i really liked the recent changes that it has gone through.

Another one that speaks of glyph of righteousness... I hope your speaking about pvp... because some1 that would use Glyph of SoR for PvE is a waste, it gives 0 dps vs bosses.

Its funny ive seen a lack of tanks and healers on my server for some time now. so with this last patch my bestfriend who's DK was tank he decided to go DW frost tank.....he is forcing me to tank now while he dps's lol
    so i get to running heroics and the new ToC regular and normal till i get some defence gear and respec to prot...LOVING IT
    i just hit heroic defence capped and was like.....tank lfg any heroic and got invited to a H UP group.... with a healer in blues and all dps in full 25m hard mode ulduar gear....was awesome lost aggro 2 times and wiped on skadi due to never tanking him before but the rest of the instance was a cake walk.....then i realised i when i die rightious fury doesnt come back like your aura's do now....realised this and my dps was like....noob was awesome tho cant wait to tank more!

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games