Poll: Do you find that you are using healing wave more since 3.2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Has your healing style changed since the patch?

I have found that since the patch I am using HW a lot more than before due to the buffs to our Mana Regen and the Increase in the amount it hits for. I am seeing that my HW is hitting for 3-4x the amount of my LHW (20k crits vs 6k) for about 2x the mana.

I seem to still be fine with mana even though I am throwing it more. I guess I just like seeing the big numbers for a change.

Am I the only one that is doing this?

Even though they buffed our CH it seems that other than the worms, so far in ToC, the raid does not take a lot of dmg, so I am using it less. Just thinking outloud since I just looked at last nights WWS and noticed that HW accounted for about 40% of my effective healing (I actually out healed the Pally).

Re: Has your healing style changed since the patch?

You mentioned the raid, so I assume you were raid healing. How was your overhealing? With these 20k crits, I would assume that you would overheal more often than not because the amount of raid damage is not that high unless you get some unlucky combos like an Arctic Breath followed by a Whirl (had this happen to me last night and ended up with 6 hp... good thing I healed myself in that small window before the Whirl!). Whirl only deals around 10k damage and you may prefer Chain Heal on Arctic Breath. Also, the Burning Bile is the only troublesome AoE damage on Acidmaw+Dreadscale (unless your melee stands in the goop), and that only deals 2-4k per tick from what I saw. Unless your raid is like my raid and all the melee get it and don't disperse, you shouldn't have a problem :P.

I got bored and healed the heroic daily and mostly used LHW, Riptide (obviously) and Earth Shield. The new Tidal Waves combined with LHW is rather nice as it makes you a mana regenerating fiend. The best part is with all of our crit talents, natural crit, raid buffs and Tidal Waves... you don't really need much crit and can focus more on haste.

Oh, I was overhealing like a son of a bitch, but I was having no mana issues. IMO you only really care about OH if you are running OOM. I was on raid healing but I was healing the tank a lot of times too, I found that a riptide would take care of anyone who got the snobols.

Not too much, I haven't raided since but I can imagine I won't be doing the same kind of healing in raids, so this post doesn't apply to raiding.
    But in 5-mans nothing really changed. The only difference is that I cycle +25% crit LHWs for the -10% physical damage taken buff, otherwise I just use HW on the tank, and heal the others with LHW/CH as usual.

Not having to refresh water shield is massive when you have to spamheal the tank and all others.
    But I wonder.. Which is actually more efficient, +25% crit LHW or HW?
    I figure HW because LHW only has a 60% chance to proc Imp. WS. But each orb restores easily ~75% on LHWs mana cost. If not more.

I have to say, though.
    Our mana regen has increased massively. It takes ages for me to run out of mana.. And that's without replenishment.

Tidal Wave + HW feels like Paladin's Holy Light w/ old version of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53576

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    I got bored and healed the heroic daily and mostly used LHW, Riptide (obviously) and Earth Shield. The new Tidal Waves combined with LHW is rather nice as it makes you a mana regenerating fiend. The best part is with all of our crit talents, natural crit, raid buffs and Tidal Waves... you don't really need much crit and can focus more on haste.
    I have a question.
    stacking a lot of intellect for a big mana pool and an huge crit % its not good as before or what?

Anyway I didn't feel the necessity to use HW in raid (I have rarely used it these days) and the RT+LHW rotation still work fine for me (maybe because my tanks are well geared).
    http://i36.tinypic.com/20a9aib.png

15+ Year Old Account

Your LHW is critting for only 6k? Mine is critting for ~8.5k with ES up on my target.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry
    Your LHW is critting for only 6k? Mine is critting for ~8.5k with ES up on my target.
    I have primarily been raid healing in raids, therefore I do not have the LHW Glyph......that may be the difference.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tofu_soldier
    Tidal Wave + HW feels like Paladin's Holy Light w/ old version of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53576
    I miss that so much... Q_Q

anyone who still spams LHW stinks, with its 1.2 sec cast timer with some decent haste its better to use Chain heal even if ur tank healing since it has the same % to proc a water shield orb and its more mana efficient ( More healed for same ammount of mana) + CH has chance to jump onto melees!

oh btw, i aint a tank healer anymore in 25 man , i'm raid healer now, back to SWP old days!

I can only relate my experience healing 25 man normal coliseum.

Prior to me swapping to resto, our resto druid was doing over 4k healing/sec. When I went resto (letting us down the place), I was on top of total healing and healing/sec by a very small margin. I had maybe 2% more healing than he did, and we were both just over, and just under, 2600 hps, respectively.

I haven't yet swapped my 16 int gems to 20 haste gems, as nobody has that cut yet, and my resto gear is my 2nd spec. I'm still using glyphs of chain heal, LHW, and earth shield.

I was casting chain heal for the most part, but was using quick LHWs and riptide, when necessary, to keep people alive.

I had to pop mana tide totem twice, during the encounter, and had to pop a mana pot once. I was using the frost wyrm flask.

I don't think I even tried using HW.

After this patch, I feel like Restoration Shaman spells, talents, glyphs, and set bonuses have more synergy than ever.

Earth Shield Glyph, LHW glyph--ES on tank, 2-piece T8 bonus, use Riptide every 5 seconds. LHW has +25% chance to crit, and I've definitely noticed this change. With Imp. Water Shield talent now, that 60% chance to trigger WS comes up a lot. I also crit frequently with Riptide (which is 100% trigger).

I also personally use the Riptide glyph, because with a longer HoT uptime, and the Tier8 and Tier9 2 piece set bonuses, you've got a lot more healing going out to a lot more people, and with the new and improved chain heal, if I know the raid is taking lots of damage, I select the people who have Riptide HoTs rolling on them to cast Chain Heal on...

Also, with better intellect gems now, I have an even larger mana pool (more gains from replenishment), and more crit, which coincides directly with using Riptide and LHW together.

AND I almost forgot to mention the buff to mp5 they just gave all gear...wow, this is just making want to go heal something right now.

The only thing that would make me heal differently right now is if I had T9 4 piece bonus, then I'd re-glyph with Chain Heal glyph, start stacking more haste (since the higher ilvl gear will have more intellect on it anyway), and use CH much more often.

Sorry for rambling, I just love my Shaman (I could talk about ele too!)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Archimonde&n=Circuit

Circuit, level 80 Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Archimonde

Hey fellow resto shammies,

I primarily only run 10mans and and some 25mans but mostly 10man.

When patch hit I got the +20 haste cut and replaced all my +16 int gems and have +12 sp and +10 haste where the sp/int ones used to be. I lost about 2000 mana but picked up this trinket in normal ToC that gave me 84int and 55mp5 over my Energy Siphon (piece of shit) At about 25% crit and 652 haste w/o raid buffs going into raiding this weekend.

I had no mana issues at all since 3.2. I am using CH a ton more now and the mana return is just insane. I am using HW more also on tanks occasionally. Still using LHW for the big crits with Tidal Waves (helps keep Ancenstral buff on tanks) And of course Riptide every CD.

I didnt change the glyphs at all.

I was topping most fights , just barely above our resto druid in some cases, others I destroyed him and the holy priest (Hodir). On firefighter I was getting mana back on Phase 2 rather than losing even SPAMMING chain heal. I had a few +1500 mana hits on my SCT from 3 crit bounces. Just awesome watching your mana go up spamming CH

Things have gotten better, I can use all the spells in my arsenal and do it pretty efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias
    anyone who still spams LHW stinks, with its 1.2 sec cast timer with some decent haste its better to use Chain heal even if ur tank healing since it has the same % to proc a water shield orb and its more mana efficient ( More healed for same ammount of mana) + CH has chance to jump onto melees!
    Umm if you're just hitting one person with chain heal, it only has a 30% chance to proc Improved Water Shield where Lesser Healing Wave has a 60% chance to proc it (on crit). Not to mention with Tidal Waves, your Lesser Healing Wave will have considerably more crit and if you're healing a tank, they should have Earth Shield on them (to coincide with the LHW glyph).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    Umm if you're just hitting one person with chain heal, it only has a 30% chance to proc Improved Water Shield where Lesser Healing Wave has a 60% chance to proc it (on crit). Not to mention with Tidal Waves, your Lesser Healing Wave will have considerably more crit and if you're healing a tank, they should have Earth Shield on them (to coincide with the LHW glyph).

And it will proc Ancestral Awakening. Since the patch i've grown to love this talent, didn't think much of it at first but now its doing around 6-9% of my healing since tidal waves change and healing wave being useful.

Since the patch its totally worth using healing wave and getting the talents, it heals for sick amounts and is alot more effective then 2lesser healing waves. If your gemming haste you should be looking at a 1.4 healing wave (after tidal waves) healing for a large amount. With a good amount of crit raid buffed you get so much mana back while being a great tank healer.

I still heal as in 3.1 with RT+lhw,lhw and if their is AOE going on I use CH randomly in the rotation

Since CH got buffed my top 3 healing abilities look like

1. LHW ~30%
    2. CH ~25%
    3. Riptide ~20%

3.1 It was:

1.LHW ~30%
    2.RT ~25%
    3.CH ~15% (Or Earth shield on 15% aswell)

So if there will be alot more AoE in ToC than in Uld I will probably use CH more, and maybe consider getting myself some haste instead of intellect. Most likely it will be like this... I rather play RT+LHW,LHW rotation than spamming CH since I think it's more fun playing that way, so I rather heal while having fun than be bored facerolling CH (I started to play with my shaman in WotlK so I didn't experience SWP with 3+ Rshamans facerolling CH :P)
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I socketed all Intellect when the patch hit..

I did all HM's with pretty much staying at 60-70% mana throughout the whole fight.

I decided that is a waste and switched all of my sockets to +20 haste. I now have 717 Haste and am loving it. Having a little bit of mana problems but it isn't a big deal at all with a Greatness proced Mana Tide.