Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What if (fun post)

What if Ret was how it is now but with a shield and 1-hander.

Here is one thing I know that would have to happen.

1-handers would have to cause 3x its dmg more/less.

Now post what you think would have to change or what would be different.

Re: What if (fun post)

two words:

"no" and "why?"
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    two words:

"no" and "why?"
    Because wielding sword and board looks cool? No idea other then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nece
    What if Ret was how it is now but with a shield and 1-hander.

Here is one thing I know that would have to happen.

1-handers would have to cause 3x its dmg more/less.

Now post what you think would have to change or what would be different.
    There is only 1 dps class in the game that intentionally DPS's with a shield. Here is a hint: It does not wear plate.

DPSing with sword and board is rather oxymoronic, on the same level as say, rogues back stabbing you with 2handed maces.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    DPSing with sword and board is rather oxymoronic, on the same level as say, rogues back stabbing you with 2handed maces.
    except that rogue would hit like a train and the paladin would do ~4 damage.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

you want sword and board re-roll prot. i do descent damage and can outlive attacks alot better than ret.

Still hoping for Retri to become a viable 2H tank spec http://www.wowhead.com/?item=11809#comments on trash = PewPew.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Still hoping for Retri to become a viable 2H tank spec http://www.wowhead.com/?item=11809#comments on trash = PewPew.
    That polearm is awesome. During TBC, I was running BRD with a friend's lowbie and I got that polearm. Knowing that there were good polearms in game, I went ahead and used it to level my weapon skill on the ogres above Aldor Rise in Shatt. After getting the first few hundred skill points out of the way, I noticed something strange about that weapon.

It appears that the weapon scales somehow. Whereas most items from previous content have a diminished effect, I found that Flame Wrath was actually hitting for 2-3x its prescribed amount. It made leveling polearms a whole lot more entertaining as I watched ogres being baked for close to 600 damage on the proc. Good LOLs.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

two words:

"no" and "why?"

Whoa whoa whoa...its just a what if..nothing more than that...not saying it should be....some of you guys are taking this post serious like GC sayin theres 31 bosses in IC...

Quote Originally Posted by Nece

Whoa whoa whoa...its just a what if..nothing more than that...not saying it should be....some of you guys are taking this post serious like GC sayin theres 31 bosses in IC...
    lol WoW gamers have no sense of humour when the ball comes to their class & spec :P

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    That polearm is awesome. During TBC, I was running BRD with a friend's lowbie and I got that polearm. Knowing that there were good polearms in game, I went ahead and used it to level my weapon skill on the ogres above Aldor Rise in Shatt. After getting the first few hundred skill points out of the way, I noticed something strange about that weapon.

It appears that the weapon scales somehow. Whereas most items from previous content have a diminished effect, I found that Flame Wrath was actually hitting for 2-3x its prescribed amount. It made leveling polearms a whole lot more entertaining as I watched ogres being baked for close to 600 damage on the proc. Good LOLs.
    a lot of old school mele class weapons actually had + spelldamage modifiers accidentally attached to them. Such that their proc effect was effected by any +SP you might have on your gear.

Shadowstrike from molten core has this. When they made polearms useable by druids, i quipped this bad boy in full moonkin gear (around 2k SP) and was life draining stuff for about 1k health when the proc would tick.

a lot of old school mele class weapons actually had + spelldamage modifiers accidentally attached to them. Such that their proc effect was effected by any +SP you might have on your gear.

Shadowstrike from molten core has this. When they made polearms useable by druids, i quipped this bad boy in full moonkin gear (around 2k SP) and was life draining stuff for about 1k health when the proc would tick.
    Still rather weak compared to an up to ~3000 dmg shield, well too bad there are no real uses for that weapon unless you are able to tank with 2Handers :/.

Feral druid o.o

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

two words:

"no" and "why?"
    QFT
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Yonna
    Feral druid o.o
    Doesent work, cause the bonus is based off of +SP on your gear, and a properly geared feral druid has 0 SP. A Ret or Prot Paladin on the other hand, would work, cause they get assloads of +SP from Strength.

15+ Year Old Account

Doesent work, cause the bonus is based off of +SP on your gear, and a properly geared feral druid has 0 SP. A Ret or Prot Paladin on the other hand, would work, cause they get assloads of +SP from Strength.
    Prot gets SP from Stamina, not Strength.

15+ Year Old Account

what if mages got another absorbing shield, (fire barrier?)

and druids wore mail, plus the armor contributions of bear form! and had more HoTs

Warlocks had more DoT's and demons

Quote Originally Posted by MF-DOOM

and druids wore mail, plus the armor contributions of bear form! and had more HoTs

what if paladins had more bubbles... wait, that's a good idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MF-DOOM

Fire barrier would be interesting tbh.