Advice pls, Pr/Hun and Pal/Mage

Wonder if the community has any advice on the following combos. Me & my partner arent likely to change specs, just looking for strategies/ideas. Both our teams in 1300 range. No hating pls.

Arcane Mage, Holy Pally: We started season 6 with like 200 resilience and losing a ton of matches...now have over 700 each and hold our own at ~1300. Been a ton of fun learning & watchin the progress. We have particular trouble with resto druids and prot/holy pallies. just can't deal enough damage or cc enough to take down an opponent. Had some 30+minute matches as a result (we win many of them due to an enemy mistake, but what a pain in the arse!). Mana regen is always an issue for the mage. Think new patch will help that?

Hunter/Disc priest: We hold our own at ~1300. Tough to beat teams that use LoS well and arenas that favor melee. Again, mana issue (for the priest) can be a problem. Is this an awkward combination for 2v2?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Advice pls, Pr/Hun and Pal/Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Voltulio
    Wonder if the community has any advice on the following combos. Me & my partner arent likely to change specs, just looking for strategies/ideas. Both our teams in 1300 range. No hating pls.

Arcane Mage, Holy Pally: We started season 6 with like 200 resilience and losing a ton of matches...now have over 700 each and hold our own at ~1300. Been a ton of fun learning & watchin the progress. We have particular trouble with resto druids and prot/holy pallies. just can't deal enough damage or cc enough to take down an opponent. Had some 30+minute matches as a result (we win many of them due to an enemy mistake, but what a pain in the arse!). Mana regen is always an issue for the mage. Think new patch will help that?

Hunter/Disc priest: We hold our own at ~1300. Tough to beat teams that use LoS well and arenas that favor melee. Again, mana issue (for the priest) can be a problem. Is this an awkward combination for 2v2?

Thanks in advance.
    Well i can't really help you too much with strats for hunter/priest but it is a pretty common team and should do well. I think something to keep in mind with all of your teams and arena in general is that you shouldn't just be dpsing the other team and eventually someone will die. Start setting up kills. Save you cooldowns and chain CC with fresh DR together to make them blow their trinkets/cooldowns. After that, pull back and play defensively if they start to pressure you and wait for DR to reset and then hit the healer or w/e with another CC train. As hunter/priest you can Scatter=>trap=>sleep=>fear. That's a good 30+ seconds of CC (some of which will be broken inevitably). Things like that...

Arcane mage/Hpally is interesting... I would have the pally spec prot until 3.2.2 cause its uber OP and the stuns will be huge for arcane. Something to note there is that while the actual silence on your counterspell shares DR with the Shield from prot, if he silences first with his shield then that wont have any sort of DR if you actually interrupt a spell with your counterspell. You'd be much better served with him being ret but same rules apply. Burst wisely, use your mana gems early and try to catch a healer with a counterspell into a 3x poly chain=>stun=>avenger shield and counterspell should be back up by then. Not really a good comp as you cant do anything to Rdruid+X.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Re: Advice pls, Pr/Hun and Pal/Mage

If anything you should be having the most success with your Priest/hunter combo, as it is actually a good combo, Priests have mana problems, but I'm thinking all your actually doing in an arena match is healing, which is why you are most likely stuck in the 1300's, If every game you do the "I'm gonna try and out mana the opposing healer strat" you will lose, nearly every time. The great thing about priests though is we have amazing burst combos we can pull to help keep pressure or force a kill.

Communication is also key. Get your hunter to say on vent when hes got something CC'd, during this moment you should help him nuke down the uncc'd target, Put up your dots, Holy Fire, Mind Bast, and SW, Follow the trap or Wyvern Sting with a fear. Kite DPS through the frost traps to gain breathing room.

As for your mage/pally combo, if you want to get high without much trouble go ret.

Arenas are a lot like raids, in order to not fail at certain bosses you read strats on them (I guess this isn't true for WOTLK, but for TBC raiding it was necessary) In arena you should research what other classes can do, how they counter you, or how you can counter them, read up on what classes are easier to kill, or harder to CC, Of course gear will help a lot, but I can't really offer much advice besides you improving yourself as a player, because it's not your class or comp that's the problem.

Edit: www.Arenajunkies.com Is where you can start for reading up on other classes and comps.