Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Wintergrasp "Exploit"

Couple of things.

1. The tops of the walls arnt all perfectly flat, so you cant just keep repositioning yourself on the wall being attacked.

2. The only way to get onto these walls is to fly onto them and you cant fly onto them once WG has started, unless perhaps you just happen to be flying by and decide to drop in via parachute, in which case I would be very surprised If you allways ended up on the right wall.

Essentialy what Im getting from the OP is that they are unhappy that tenacity is now usefull for RANGED players IF the oposing faction is STUPID enough to continously attack them at 1 point in the WG fortress.

Tenacity up till now has allways been a joke because 20 CC > 1 player with 150 k health.

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu
    ide go one farther and wager hes a human with goku hair
    I wanna bet to be even gayer he goes male Blood Elf when the faction change goes through.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Yeah, wasn't it "RR Inc" (Hybridpanda/Pandamonium) and random engineers who did this and capped it in around a minute?
    Goon Squad

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=75096.0

Crazy buggers. And yet Blizzard decided to increase the amount of siege damage done by engineer bombs on 3.2 ^^

I like how everybody is arguing just for the sake of arguing. Allowing people to stand in a spot where they are unkillable with tenacity is just retarded. I really couldn't care less, mostly because I hate wintergrasp in the first place, but I still think it's stupid.

Just to counter a few points here:

Someone mentioned that if you just attack them, they'll retreat or die. No. You don't know what tenacity does I'm guessing.

Someone said how DKs have some spell that drag people towards you. No. DG doesn't work if people are in places they aren't supposed to be, such as on top of WG walls or even on top of the stables in AB. There is no path available.

Whether it is easily avoidable or not is completely irrelevant. I'd assume it still isn't something Blizz intended for WG. Whether it is high on their "fix" priorities or not, I have no idea.

i don't blame them for arguing for no reason... there are no interesting threads on here right now... all they are is like EXPANSION IS FAKE/REAL AH MAH GAH!!! -.- so stupid
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

The obvious solution to this is BUILD MORE CATAPULTS!

I remember being ported off the walls/towers in 3.1 when WG started. Did that change in 3.2?
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    I like how everybody is arguing just for the sake of arguing. Allowing people to stand in a spot where they are unkillable with tenacity is just retarded. I really couldn't care less, mostly because I hate wintergrasp in the first place, but I still think it's stupid.
    Its about as retarded as people being able to sit on the WG graveyards and be indestructable whilst using ranged attacks / pets to kill anyone that comes near.

And thats been going on since day 1.

Fix AV first, since it's been 4 years of exploiting the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnblade
    Its about as retarded as people being able to sit on the WG graveyards and be indestructable whilst using ranged attacks / pets to kill anyone that comes near.

And thats been going on since day 1.

Dont camp graveyards. Your problem would be solved. Duh! :

ASk yourself if the strategy is intended and you have your answer. Its pretty obvious that while fun for the horde sniping people left and right...it is a blatant abuse of game mechanics and more than likely will have some sort of hotfix.

My suggestion is to post this where you may actually get the right kind of attention...until then, do what you can with what you have.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Burner

Dont camp graveyards. Your problem would be solved. Duh! :
    Haha...yeah, i'm not really sure why being killed by someone who is standing on a graveyard would be a problem.

Maybe if you were rezzing, and someone popped you as soon as you spawned, but you make it seem like someone on top of the graveyard is killing people below him.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    ASk yourself if the strategy is intended and you have your answer. Its pretty obvious that while fun for the horde sniping people left and right...it is a blatant abuse of game mechanics and more than likely will have some sort of hotfix.

My suggestion is to post this where you may actually get the right kind of attention...until then, do what you can with what you have.
    This. As I said before, I doubt it is what they planned to happen in WG, but whether it is more important to them than Blizzcon, D3 and the expansion seems very unlikely.

WTF cares?! In MY server horde outnumber alliance by a shit ton and alliance always has tenacity. We still own WG, its a server wide L2P imo.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by saltmunch
    The walls in WG are really quite high, so a dps on top of them can only hit someone 20 yds or so from the base of it

Heres what you do:
    Step one: Build a demolisher
    Step two: Go 30 yards from wall enemies are standing on
    Step three: Fire boulders at it till it falls down
    Step four: Laugh

Allies try to do this too us in our WGs, even before 3.2, we still pwn it
    This, there is a reason blizzard gave you vehicles that do ranged siege damage, they anticipated this scenario. TBH it has always been possible, without anything that could be claimed to be an exploit, to get on top of the outer walls. You simply walk to the top of a tower then jump onto the wall. So what has changed here is that you can now get on top of the inner wall, doesn't seem like such a big deal to me.

Tenacity has always favored ranged over melee for this very reason. I hate the way they designed the towers. When people are standing on the base its basically go dk or go home as melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

I've been doing this since before the Patch, you'd just sit outside WG a hair, straight north of the fortress and fly in. Can easily take out one sides cannons in a split second doing this.
    80 Orc Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Hamstar

Tyrenis was before the race change.

Well, it was only a matter of time before Alliance realized that their numbers where the real reason they were winning WG disproportionatly. Funny how even with the limitation on total number of players, one side can still get 20 stacks of tenacity. I wonder how badly your realm's horde were being outnumbered before the change.

There is more than one pvp scenario in Wow's lineup where clever use of terrain has been a problem for melee, AB, AV, even WSG allows caster to run to top of tunnel entrance and drop bombs. At least with WG you can just attack a different wall.

And to the people saying tenacity is OP, well 1v1, yeah, but tenacity is in place because its 1v5. How about instead the queue system lets in one player from each faction so the numbers are always equal...then we wouldnt need tenacity.

Ok, I'm kind of confused. I'll give the disclaimer that I hardly pvp at 80, and I haven't even done one WG yet. The thing that confused me about the OP is this: is there some Horde-only mechanic that is allowing them to stay on top of the walls? I guess it's an exploit, but I don't see it as an unfair exploit, because both sides have equal opportunity to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Rule #1 If your alliance you are NOT allowed to call Bullshit without getting bitched at by a bunch of Horde players who think they're the greatest.

As far as Tenacity goes Blizz has to fix it, it's nothing we can fix. They need to have more active realm transfers to balance factions.
    It is a nice idea to allow open transfers, however the facts remain that over the entire World of Warcraft, Alliance outnumber Horde. Sure there are a few servers out there that are the exception but, they are not the rule.

ex (I am pulling numbers out of the air)

Alliance Horde
    Server 1 10,000 4,000
    Server 2 8,000 6,000
    Server 3 7,000 7,000
    total 25,000 17,000

No matter how you split them up, the Alliance are still going to outnumber the Horde. I believe that is the main reason why they are going to allow Faction Changes.....to try and equal it out. I like the idea that was stated earlier, to limit the amount of Alliance to the same amount of Horde playing but, that will only frustrate Alliance.

My idea is a little more simple, keep WG like it is, a zone that flags everyone but, make the actual battle instanced. That way We can have a battle more than once every 3 hours and the BG system seems to do a bit of balancing. It may be where there are insta queues or may be where the Alliance have to wait a bit, but I doubt it will be anymore than what they are already waiting between battles (3 hours).

Not to mention by making WG instanced it will allow cross-server action and possibly limit the amount of lag in the place.

Flame me all you want, just my idea.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

As stated several times before, the is one super simple fix to what is being called an exploit.

It's called, Siege Vehicles.

Find me one of the three available that cannot attack the wall and be out of range of any ranged attacker perching on top of the walls.

Couldn't find one?. Why? Because all three have a ranged attack. Yes the cannon on the Siege Engine only does X damage to the walls while the Demolisher does close to if not twice that with its ranged attack. But in the end, the range of the vehicles will easily win over wall campers, plain and simple. No matter the tenacity on the players.
    Cairne, my brother, I will avenge your death, Magatha Grimtotem and her followers will pay with their lives.