Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 3.3 - PTR Build 10772

Update #2 - Oops, added the links for the set names, also the Shadowmourne Proc was changed to only affect undeads, demons, and elementals. You can stop mailing me about this. ^^
    Update #1 - Added Tier 10 Armor Sets Names, a small video of the new Icecrown Citadel raid portal, and Icecrown Citadel Testing - November 6-7.

Patch 3.3 - PTR Build 10772
    A new build has been deployed on test realms, stay tuned for more changes...

Armored Frostwyrm Mount Models
    A new Armored Frostwyrm Mount model has been added to the game ...

Tier 10 Armor Sets Names
    Good news! We finally have the Shaman Tier 10 ... name. Gotcha.
    Icecrown Citadel Testing - November 6-7
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    We are scheduling raid tests in Icecrown Citadel for November 6-7.

The schedule is as follows:

US Servers
    Friday, November 6 at 7PM EST / 4 PM PST – Valithria Dreamwalker
    Saturday, November 7 at 4PM EST / 1PM PST – Icecrown Gunship Battle

EU Servers
    Friday, November 6 at 19:30 CET – Lady Deathwhisper
    Saturday, November 7 at 19:30 CET – Professor Putricide

Only normal difficulties will be tested, although 10 and 25 player raids will be available.

The Icecrown Citadel raid test schedule will be very flexible, and can change at a moment's notice due to build status, bugs, and server issues. Remember that this is the test server, so things can, do, and will break from time to time. Check this forum for the latest Icecrown Citadel raid testing schedule information in the weeks to come.
    "Frostmourne" Map
    A map has been added for the "Frostmourne" subzone of the Icecrown Citadel raid instance ... Nothing to see here, even if the zone was slightly modified since the last time I mentioned it ....

Icecrown Citadel Raid Portal
    The raid portal of Icecrown Citadel now has a very nice looking model!

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJfBaRif0O8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJfBaRif0O8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Achievements
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Onyxia's Lair (Level 60) - You can no longer get this achievement by looting Tier 2 Helms.
    • Call to Arms! now requires you to complete the LVL 80 version of the Call to Arms daily quest.
    • Twenty-Five Tabards and all the other tabard achievements now require you to equip the tabards instead of just acquiring them.

Spell Comparison
    Tailoring

Death Knight

Druid
    • Tranquility now has a 8 min cooldown. (Down from 10 min)

Paladin

Priest
    • Divine Hymn cooldown has been lowered from 10 to 8 min.

Rogue
    • Filthy Tricks now reduces the cooldown of Preparation by 1.5/3min. (Down from 2.5/5min)
    • Preparation cooldown has been lowered from 10 to 8 min.

Shaman

Warlock
    • Inferno now has a 10 min cooldown. (Down from 20 min)

Patch 3.3 - PTR Notes Update 11/05
    The official notes have been updated to reflect changes from today's build. Also included an update from 2 days ago that I never had the time to report.

PvP
    Arenas
    • All abilities that have base cooldowns of 10 minutes or longer cannot be used in Arenas, down from 15 minutes.

Dungeons & Raids
    • Players no longer need to kill the final bosses in all four wings of this dungeon in order to teleport to Sapphiron. Teleportation orbs have been added to allow players access back and forth from Sapphiron's lair.

Death Knight
    Unholy
    • Night of the Dead: Now reduces the damage your pet takes from area-of-effect damage by 45/90%, but no longer applies to area-of-effect damage caused by other players. In addition, this talent now reduces the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 2/4 minutes, down from 5/10 minutes.

Druid
    • Tranquility: The cooldown on this spell has been reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes.

Mage
    Frost
    • Deep Freeze: This spell now deals a large amount of damage to targets permanently immune to stuns. In addition, when this ability deals damage it will no longer consume two charges of Fingers of Frost for those mages with the Shatter talent.

Paladin
    Holy
    • Sanctified Light: This talent now also has a 33/66/100% chance to prevent Lay on Hands from causing Forbearance when Lay on Hands is used on others.
    Retribution
    • Repentance: This crowd control effect will no longer break early from the damage done by Righteous Vengeance.

Priest
    • Divine Hymn: The cooldown on this spell has been reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes.

Rogue
    Subtlety
    • Preparation: The cooldown on this ability has been reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes.
    • Filthy Tricks: The cooldown reduction this talent provides for Preparation has been reduced to 1.5/3 minutes, down from 2.5/5 minutes.

User Interface
    Quest Tracking Feature
    HTML Code:
    Players can now track quest objectives on the map (‘M’ key).
<ul>[*]Quest Log
<ul>[*]A Show Map button has been added to the Quest Log. Selecting a quest and pressing this button will open the map for the zone in which the quest objective is located displaying the associated area of interest. Any other active quests in a player’s Quest Log for that zone will also be displayed.
[/list]
[*]Map
<ul>[*]The map interface has been separated into four separate panes: a map pane (left), a pane listing active quest names for the zone being viewed (right), a pane listing the full quest text for any highlighted quest (bottom left), and a pane listing the quest rewards for any highlighted quest (bottom right).
[*]All active quests listed in the right pane for the zone being viewed on the map will be assigned a number. These numbers will be displayed on the map according to the areas of interest for each quest.
[*]Highlighting a quest name in the right pane will highlight the corresponding area of interest on the map in the left pane, show its quest text in the lower left pane, and list the quest rewards in the lower right pane.
[*]Given that some quest objectives can be achieved in multiple locations within a given zone, highlighting such a quest will highlight an area of interest closest in proximity to the character’s current location.
[*]This feature can be disabled by un-checking the Show Quest Objectives box in the bottom right corner of the new map interface, restoring the map to its standard full-screen display.
[*]Clicking on the arrow in the top right corner of the new map interface will hide all but the map pane, bringing the map out of full-screen mode and allowing players to leave it open while navigating a zone or engaging in combat.
[/list]
[*]Objectives Tracking
<ul>[*]This frame has been improved to offer new functionality and can be used with the new shrunken map option.
[*]The Objectives frame is now docked below the mini-map next to the right 2 action bars and will track up to 12 quests for a zone.
[*]Numbers have been added next to each quest name and objective corresponding with those areas of interest displayed on the map.
[*]If a quest objective has been completed, the number will be replaced with a yellow question mark symbol.
[*]The arrow button in the top right corner of the Objectives frame can be used to toggle between minimizing and maximizing the quest objective display.
[/list]
[*]Quest Difficulty Tracking
<ul>[*]This feature is off by default and can be enabled in the Objectives window from the Interface Options menu. Turning this feature on will color-code all quest names displayed in the map interface according to difficulty (grey, green, yellow, orange, and red).
[/list][/list]

Re: Patch 3.3 - PTR Notes Update 11/05

FIRST!

and

BANNED

FIRST

AND BANNEDD ;D

Seriously ouch for arenas

can has shaman t10?

and they are really trying to make frost pve viable, and they might just do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm never wrong, and when I am I make sure that there isn't anyone left to talk about it.

Really awesome addition to the map. Byebye, Questhelper.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Sweet! Time to farm KT every week on all my alts!

Quest tracker sounds interesting

I need a little more confirmation and info about the "jump to Sapphiron" bit.
    What I'm taking it as now is that you can just go straight to Sapph and KT?

That defeats pretty much a large amount of Naxx.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Canbie
    Sweet! Time to farm KT every week on all my alts!
    are you sure the gate to KT opens before you have cleared all other bosses ?

10+ Year Old Account

lol... how many years it took to make an exit from naxx?

Quote Originally Posted by Pieuvre

Naxx is completely Obsolete anyways so it doesn't matter...
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

15+ Year Old Account

The "quest tracker" was added directly when the PTR came up at the first time for 3.3 I don't know why you didn't show anything about it directly? I saw it before I did the new 5man dungeon for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    Naxx is completely Obsolete anyways so it doesn't matter...
    I suppose that's true.

They buffed a bit the nerfed LoH :

No more fullscreen map?!?!

JOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieuvre

Im pretty sure that you'll still need to clear all of Naxx to get to KT.

Now, if you need something only from Sapphiron, you dont need to kill every other boss first to attempt to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviax
    Im pretty sure that you'll still need to clear all of Naxx to get to KT.

Now, if you need something only from Sapphiron, you dont need to kill every other boss first to attempt to get it
    Now that I think about it, it does make it easier to complete the quests if one needs one of the neck items and/or Maly summon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsoz
    are you sure the gate to KT opens before you have cleared all other bosses ?
    Oh I hope so!
    If not at least I can get the Focusing Iris keys quest item. Although maybe it's obsolete now as well?

So does this mean you can now enter naxx and head straight for sapph then KT?
    Or does KT still need all other bosses to be killed?

Isn't Sapphiron a weekly raid quest?