Resto Druid Tier 9 Bonus - when to break it?

It's a long time away (for me), but I was thinking...

I think I would have to get all 4 T9 pieces before I consider breaking the T8 4 piece bonus.

For me, the 2xT9 bonus is not overly attractive as I'm not a heavy nourish user...

I'm sure this conversation probably happened back when T9 set bonus was discovered - I seem to remember reading that 4xT9 > 2xT9 + 2xT8 > T8.

Thoughts?

Re: Resto Druid Tier 9 Bonus - when to break it?

4p t8 > 4p t9 (Under 30% crit)

T9's bonus comes out to the same as t8's at 33% crit...plus it has more stats so that adds to that a bit.

Of course it's also uncontrolable.

If you have a ton of crit, it might be better though.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

That sounds sensible - thanks

Any idea if 4xT9 rejuv crits will trigger Nature's Grace?

Quote Originally Posted by Habit
    Any idea if 4xT9 rejuv crits will trigger Nature's Grace?
    It's impossible to have 4T9 atm, so nobody knows yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    It's impossible to have 4T9 atm, so nobody knows yet.
    Yeah, I pointed that out - I was hoping someone had tried it out with a prebuilt on the ptr or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Habit
    Yeah, I pointed that out - I was hoping someone had tried it out with a prebuilt on the ptr or something like that.
    I don't think there were any with T9, and I doubt anyone farmed Emblems of Triumph on there just to test out T9 set bonuses for every spec

4p t8 > 4p t9 (Under 30% crit)

T9's bonus comes out to the same as t8's at 33% crit...plus it has more stats so that adds to that a bit.

Of course it's also uncontrolable.

If you have a ton of crit, it might be better though.

But isn't the T9 bonus only a 1/6 increase since there are normally 6 ticks in a rejuv and this added 1 more albeit a controlable one which gives it some benefit. But a crit doubles a tick so the tick would only have to be over about 16.6%. I am just wondering what parts of my calculation are wrong. Also the T9 gives more spellpower which is the most important stat for us anyway.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    But isn't the T9 bonus only a 1/6 increase since there are normally 6 ticks in a rejuv
    Not even that much actually - it doesn't get the full benefit of talents, and hence the 4T8 'extra tick' only heals for ~1400 compared to ~2200 for other ticks.

and this added 1 more albeit a controlable one which gives it some benefit.
    That's the main advantage IMO - when rejuv spamming you can selectively heal those that are already slightly under full health so that you guarantee the benefit of 4T8.

But a crit doubles a tick so the tick would only have to be over about 16.6%.
    Crit spells are only 50% more than normal unless you get talents that increase it to 100%, which druids don't have for heals (nor would I expect them to apply to 4T9 even if they did).

Also the T9 gives more spellpower which is the most important stat for us anyway.
    Yeah, I think once you can get 4T9 the SP upgrade will be worth more than the differences between 4T8 and 4T9.

I stayed in full t7.5 untill I had the 4t8 bonus. I don't imagine I will do it differently for t9 since the 2pc bonus haven't been earth shattering lately.

I can imagine ever breaking my 4pt8 that inital tick when you need it is amazing.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador

Crit spells are only 50% more than normal unless you get talents that increase it to 100%, which druids don't have for heals (nor would I expect them to apply to 4T9 even if they did)
    There is a meta gem for 3% increased critical heal effect. wooopdeedooo

finally got my 4xT8 last night... then went on to the Colliseum - damn, that bonus rocks!! No way I'm giving that up for some lousy crit on nourish, so yeah - will have to just save up 4xT9 :

Quote from: doomchken on August 19, 2009, 05:22:20 am
    But isn't the T9 bonus only a 1/6 increase since there are normally 6 ticks in a rejuv

Not even that much actually - it doesn't get the full benefit of talents, and hence the 4T8 'extra tick' only heals for ~1400 compared to ~2200 for other ticks.

and this added 1 more albeit a controlable one which gives it some benefit.

That's the main advantage IMO - when rejuv spamming you can selectively heal those that are already slightly under full health so that you guarantee the benefit of 4T8.

But a crit doubles a tick so the tick would only have to be over about 16.6%.

Crit spells are only 50% more than normal unless you get talents that increase it to 100%, which druids don't have for heals (nor would I expect them to apply to 4T9 even if they did).

Also the T9 gives more spellpower which is the most important stat for us anyway.

Yeah, I think once you can get 4T9 the SP upgrade will be worth more than the differences between 4T8 and 4T9.
    Thank you yeah this made me realize how sucky a bonus we would have to get however now i wonder if we shouldn't take a look at our itemization to see if we are better off with non teir for Coliseum gear.

Quote Originally Posted by nyxilyn
    There is a meta gem for 3% increased critical heal effect. wooopdeedooo
    It has been awhile since I was resto but I believe crit heals also give Living Seed, do they not? Might not be alot of extra healing but its better then none.
    You are now breathing manually.

Living seed only gets applied when Swiftmend, Regrowth, Nourish or Healing Touch crit.

It has been awhile since I was resto but I believe crit heals also give Living Seed, do they not? Might not be alot of extra healing but its better then none.
    Hey don't underestimate this heal it is actually fairly awesome since it is damage activated it is almost guaranteed 100% effective healing.

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Hey don't underestimate this heal it is actually fairly awesome since it is damage activated it is almost guaranteed 100% effective healing.
    erm... if I was underestimating it would I have posted a reply about it? :P
    You are now breathing manually.