Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: When would it be best to use potion?

The following is for my own benefit.

Base Speed: 3.6 seconds / {(1.03)*(1+ [58 + 0]/2521)} = 3.417 swing time

With WF totem: 3.6 seconds / {(1.2)*(1.03)*(1.023)} = 2.847 swing time

With Heroism + WF totem: 3.6 seconds / {(1.3)*(1.2)*(1.03)*(1.023)} = 2.190 swing time

With Speed potion + WF totem : 3.6 seconds / {(1.2)*(1.03)*(1.221)} = 2.382 swing time

With Heroism + WF totem + Speed potion: 3.6 seconds / {(1.3)*(1.2)*(1.03)*(1.221)} = 1.835 swing time

Number of swings over 55 seconds:
    With no buffs: 55/3.417 = 16.096
    With WF: 55/2.847 = 19.319
    With Heroism and WF: (40/2.190)+(15/2.847) = (18.265)+(5.269) = 23.534
    With Speed Pot and WF: (15/2.382)+(40/2.847) = 5.269+14.050 = 19.319
    With Heroism and WF, then Speed Pot and WF: (40/2.190)+(15/2.382) = 18.265 + 6.297 = 24.562
    With Heroism, WF, and Speed Pot: (15/1.835)+(25/2.190)+(15/2.847) = 8.174+11.416+5.269 = 24.859

So I tested this on Lord Jarraxxus tonight. It seems that my initial statement was incorrect. As I calculated off the webpage, my swing speed without Bloodlust or speed potion was 2.61. That is exactly what my character sheet showed . All other calculations were correct as well. Therefore, using the speed potion while under the effect of Bloodlust will net optimum damage for the potion.

Also, the stars aligned tonight and I had my best DPS night ever on this character. On Lord Jarraxxus, I was able to pull over 8k DPS for the entire fight which resulted in me achieving 10% of the total raid damage. Initially I figured that a lot of my damage was splash damage on the adds. Analyzing recount showed that 96.5% of my damage was dealt to the boss. No other member of the raid surpassed 7K DPS. After downing the 4 Tourney bosses we went to Ulduar. I also topped the meters on XT with 8659 DPS. We decided to go with a normal kill and backed off prior to killing the heart. After the fight I realized that I didn't even get my Well Fed buff. Nights like tonight are the reason I play this game. Too bad it doesn't happen more often.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    So I tested this on Lord Jarraxxus tonight. It seems that my initial statement was incorrect. As I calculated off the webpage, my swing speed without Bloodlust or speed potion was 2.61. That is exactly what my character sheet showed . All other calculations were correct as well. Therefore, using the speed potion while under the effect of Bloodlust will net optimum damage for the potion.

Also, the stars aligned tonight and I had my best DPS night ever on this character. On Lord Jarraxxus, I was able to pull over 8k DPS for the entire fight which resulted in me achieving 10% of the total raid damage. Initially I figured that a lot of my damage was splash damage on the adds. Analyzing recount showed that 96.5% of my damage was dealt to the boss. No other member of the raid surpassed 7K DPS. After downing the 4 Tourney bosses we went to Ulduar. I also topped the meters on XT with 8659 DPS. We decided to go with a normal kill and backed off prior to killing the heart. After the fight I realized that I didn't even get my Well Fed buff. Nights like tonight are the reason I play this game. Too bad it doesn't happen more often.
    A bit offtopic but: How do you handle 25 man FC in ToC? We were only able to get 1/10 of the champions down (druid healer) and when she was down so was 17 other people in our raid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    A bit offtopic but: How do you handle 25 man FC in ToC? We were only able to get 1/10 of the champions down (druid healer) and when she was down so was 17 other people in our raid.
    Burn down the few strongest DPS (squishy ones usually die very fast if you want to start with them) you are up against first and just keep the healers CC'd best you can until you can burn down the dps. If you try to kill all the healers first, generally the dps is just going to run around picking off your raid members 1 at a time until it turns into a wipe. Get them out of the way first and deal with the healers later on. We find it easy to burn down the lock, Spriest first very quickly, then the rogue and whatever other big hitters are running around.

That's what we did. Squish the pets first and kill totems when they come up. CC the healers and burn the dps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Burn down the few strongest DPS (squishy ones usually die very fast if you want to start with them) you are up against first and just keep the healers CC'd best you can until you can burn down the dps. If you try to kill all the healers first, generally the dps is just going to run around picking off your raid members 1 at a time until it turns into a wipe. Get them out of the way first and deal with the healers later on. We find it easy to burn down the lock, Spriest first very quickly, then the rogue and whatever other big hitters are running around.
    Given we did not have any squishies except the SPriest/Disc Priest and Mage: We had a bad group of anti Melee (Ret paladin, DK, Warrior, Rogue, Hunter): We did find that the Hunter's pet dropped quickly: I'll have to bring it up to our MT/Radileader since we decided to burn the healers first.

15+ Year Old Account

Given we did not have any squishies except the SPriest/Disc Priest and Mage: We had a bad group of anti Melee (Ret paladin, DK, Warrior, Rogue, Hunter): We did find that the Hunter's pet dropped quickly: I'll have to bring it up to our MT/Radileader since we decided to burn the healers first.
    I think we had the same group set up last night. We went Spriest cause it's squishy and you can burn it very fast > Rogue > DK > Ret > Warrior > and I don't remember after that. Also, not sure if you do or don't, but bloodlust/CDs on the pull can almost guarantee getting 1 down almost immediately with your entire raid still alive leaving you with 1 less to deal with right off the start. I'm sure that order doesn't matter much really as long as you can get rid of a few fairly quickly.

We got buttraped by the Healers when we tried to nuke the Dps first.

A hint from me: Taunts really own in this encounter, so you ought to assign as many paladins/dk as possible to take 1 of their Dpsers and keep them away from the group like that you'll prevent them from one shotting your assigned kicker rogue.
    Assign a Rogue/def Warrior to take care of the healers you're not nuking down, as they can perma Stun/kick them.
    CC as much and long as possible (they'll usually get uncontrolable as soon as the first one dies).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    I think we had the same group set up last night. We went Spriest cause it's squishy and you can burn it very fast > Rogue > DK > Ret > Warrior > and I don't remember after that. Also, not sure if you do or don't, but bloodlust/CDs on the pull can almost guarantee getting 1 down almost immediately with your entire raid still alive leaving you with 1 less to deal with right off the start. I'm sure that order doesn't matter much really as long as you can get rid of a few fairly quickly.
    We did use Heroism on the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    We got buttraped by the Healers when we tried to nuke the Dps first.

A hint from me: Taunts really own in this encounter, so you ought to assign as many paladins/dk as possible to take 1 of their Dpsers and keep them away from the group like that you'll prevent them from one shotting your assigned kicker rogue.
    Assign a Rogue/def Warrior to take care of the healers you're not nuking down, as they can perma Stun/kick them.
    CC as much and long as possible (they'll usually get uncontrolable as soon as the first one dies).
    Aren't they immune to Taunts...? At least to HoReck they were.
    And we had our Rogue on the Disc Priest.

Our guild typically dps's (depending on makeup)

Shaman Healer> Druid healer> warrior > DK > Ret Pally > lock > mage > Hunter > Rogue > priest/spriest > Holy Paladin ..

The most important things we have found with this encounter is offensive purges on the kill target, locking down whatever healers remain up, and making sure everyone is situationally aware and keep your guilds squishies alive.

Make sure your warriors/hunter/rogues disarm the warriors/dk's/rets and make sure you keep a frost trap down in the center for your tanks to kite the warrior/dk/ret through while you dps down the healers.

If you can survive the first two opponents killed without losing anyone then its pretty much gg.

DO NOT WEAR RESIL GEAR.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Aren't they immune to Taunts...? At least to HoReck they were.
    And we had our Rogue on the Disc Priest.
    I think some of them are but I also think that none of the melee are immune to it and it's a nice Dps boost to use HoReck on them (got the Enh. Shaman to about 50% on 10 man until the healers died and we killed them first try with 9 players)

Last night our raid decided to kill in this order: Resto Druid, Enhance Sham, Holy Pally, Shadow priest, melee, melee, yada yada

We had one person die and thats because he was retarded and stood in the warlock's hellfire. No brez's no nothing. Pure pwnage. We locked onto that druid right off the bat and blew lust. Shamans were purge spamming (we raid with 5 of them), and had our rogue sitting on the shaman and pally. Druid was dead right around the time lust faded.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    I think some of them are but I also think that none of the melee are immune to it and it's a nice Dps boost to use HoReck on them (got the Enh. Shaman to about 50% on 10 man until the healers died and we killed them first try with 9 players)
    I tired to HoRec the druid and she was immune

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Our guild typically dps's (depending on makeup)

Shaman Healer> Druid healer> warrior > DK > Ret Pally > lock > mage > Hunter > Rogue > priest/spriest > Holy Paladin ..

The most important things we have found with this encounter is offensive purges on the kill target, locking down whatever healers remain up, and making sure everyone is situationally aware and keep your guilds squishies alive.

Make sure your warriors/hunter/rogues disarm the warriors/dk's/rets and make sure you keep a frost trap down in the center for your tanks to kite the warrior/dk/ret through while you dps down the healers.

If you can survive the first two opponents killed without losing anyone then its pretty much gg.

DO NOT WEAR RESIL GEAR.
    We didn't have that many Offensive dispels (2 and then 3 shaman, only 1 was DPS) and lacked a Warlock for Banishing/Fearing the healers.