Thread: New as holy

New as holy

Hello,

So I decided to level a Paladin and it's finally 80, I want to do pvp as retri and instances as holy but I'm having a hard time healing some instances where people take aoe damage (mind you I only have about 1350sp - 17k mana and I'm using 51/5/15 spec) I try to beacon someone who I know he's gonna take damage, but sometimes I feel that if I stop healing the tank he will die, so when there is aoe damage big chances people will die (one at least), while I know my sp is low I would like to know some tips to do my job better. I also cast seal of light on bosses or random elites for the haste bonus and so people can get healed a bit when attacking that mob.

I'm using Holy Light, Judgement of Wisdom and FoL glyphs. Grid/Clique are the addons I'm using for this.

Thanks in advance!

ps. armory isn't working for me and I think I did logout with my retri gear so I'll post the link later if needed. oh... and I've readed EJ but can only find stuff related to raids or guild runs which I don't make, it's basicaly for heroics and the ocasional VoA10/25.

Re: New as holy

There are several very recent threads that could answer your question. You should look at the other threads before posting a new thread.

In short, if you only have that little of spell power, your gear sucks. Buy BoE's and craft epics to bring that up. Check the other threads for advice on upping your game. there's lots of great info at your finger tips if you're willing to look for it.

well i have no idea of any tip although i also need help here. How do you make a post?

Here is some tips:

Get better gear.

Beacon the tank and keep your FoL dot on him at all times when he is taking damage. You can then heal the DPS and yourself WHILE healing the tank.

Again get better gear. buy some BoE epics, run the new dungeon for some easy epics.

Hope that helps.
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - The 6 P's

Paladin healing is easy as 1-2-3
    1. Beacon the tank.
    2. Sacred Shield the tank.
    3. FoL on the tank (preferably till it crits unless you have to raid heal) for the HoT, then spam FoL on anyone else but the tank.

Make sure you always keep SS and FoL HoT up.

Oh and btw, I would strongly recommend using the beacon glyph over FoL. Saves you a lot of mana, and with it being on a 90 sec duration instead of 60 sec means that you won't have to refresh it as often in a fight and waste a GCD, which could be deadly if not timed right.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely