Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Recommended Healing Addon?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeandbake
    No offence, but Healbot is the biggest piece of shit, and I do not have respect for people that use it. I've never used healbot to 'essentially' heal for me, I would rather face the challenge of keeping aware of my raids health and casting a heal, rather than just using healbot and /afk.

yeah and how about you stick to tanking and let the healers worry about healing...

lol fail

No offence, but Healbot is the biggest piece of shit, and I do not have respect for people that use it. I've never used healbot to 'essentially' heal for me, I would rather face the challenge of keeping aware of my raids health and casting a heal, rather than just using healbot and /afk.
    heh a prot paladin calling out healbot users for afk healing.

I thought that prot paladins just threw down a consecrate, hit auto attack and went afk to get more beer.

No addons required!

Gotta love the healbot bandwagon haters. clique and grid are the same thing. If you use heal bots auto cast feature you will fail horribly at healing.

I personally use a combination of healbot, clique and xperl. Heal bot is very configurable and you can set up different frame setups easily. Even the default ones are pretty good although a 10 man frame is missing but it's easy to create one for yourself.

Clique + Grid = win.

My post disappeared o_O. Anyways:

... have you ever used healbot? I do not understand why people go and bash addons when they have never even attempted to even look at the addon on curse or some other addon site.

Maybe you should try and get this...

Healbot does have a "smart cast" that prioritizes cast when OUT OF COMBAT. Decurse, rez etc. That can be turned off with one click. Read this:

OUT OF COMBAT

Healbot doesn't do more or less than G+C, just use whatever you like. Yes grid look more "clean/smooth/hightech" but honestly even Healbot can be setup to look exactly like Grid. Then you don't even have to use Clique. Lets try it again for those that didn't get it:

OUT OF COMBAT. Healbot does NOT choose any spells for you IN COMBAT. if you feel built-in decurse, buff monitor etc. makes healbot worse than a combo of addons, then there is something wrong. Those are options not things you have to use. One thing I do agree with in general is that Grid does look better for those slim/streamlined UI e-peen screenshots.

Edit: spelling :P
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

I'm not sure where the posters are coming from that say healbot does the healing for you. That simply is not true. I have mine set up for all of my heals and spells (even some macros) I could possibly need to use and none of them happen automatically, it is up to me to decide which spell to cast on who and to actually cast it by clicking (just like clique). In addition healbot shows debuffs (including customizable ones), aggro, my SS, other pallys' SS, my HoT, My Beacon of light as well as other pallys' Beacons...everything I need all in one addon. Grid does some of these but for others you will need to find additional addons for.

As for the response time to show damage it is practically instant (and is adjustable in options menu), in fact with agro warnings I am able to start healing people even before they take damage.

As for size and layout, that is fully customizable, and as another poster stated it can be configured to look just like grid if you wish.

The only thing I can figure is that some people (you see it a lot in this game) somehow feel the need to belittle others and separate themselves to feel superior. Probably has a lot to do with RL self esteem issues or whatever, but people shouldn't let that steer them away from an excellent add on. I have tried both Grid+Clique+several other timer addons and Healbot and ultimately chose Healbot because I simply prefer running fewer addons and I liked the built in timers with healbot. Both are great and it really comes down to preference, but NEITHER does the healing for you or makes you less of a healer for using it.

Personally I use G+C and I love it, even use it for every toon. Not a fan of the default UI, and prefer seeing the group (or raid) frames in one spot. Being able to decurse or spot heal with a simple click can save a wipe without messing up your rotation much.

They all do almost exactly the same thing. One thing that it seems Vuhdo can do and Grid cannot, is making your own groups. I haven't used Vuhdo yet myself, but it is really the only issue I ever had with Grid. I would like to have tanks (and maybe melee, ranged, healers) set in their own spot.

I tried using healbot after using G+C, but I didn't like it at all. The config felt clunky, and it seemed to change my spell/button combos as well as have a priority to rebuff people instead of casting the heals I wanted. I'm sure it can all be configured, but I just got annoyed when I would set my spells, then try to cast them and it would buff them with GotW and thorns before casting the heal. Meanwhile Clique was super easy to setup and change. Open spell book, then press the button combo over the spell you want, and it's done.

Use them all and give them a chance, then decide for yourself. Don't say any of them are bad without actually giving it a fair chance. Everyone has different tastes so they'll like/dislike different things. After seeing VuhDo, I will probably revisit each addon again to see if there is anything I can do to improve my UI and game play.