Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 08/27 Hotfixes, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    lol, just enjoy the game..
    is the game World of Ruin other peoples Warcraft experience? Thats not what I purchased...
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Wow, that guy is a major douchebag. It's sad how stupid people can be in this game. I guess that it's even more sad for them that they have nothing better to do, poor pathetic people.
    Eh, typical ret paladin. Can't expect too much from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegos
    Couldn't agree more. Where is the fun in annoying other people and just aiming to completely ruin the other player's game experience?
    I don't know, what's the point of ganking the same person over and over ? I don't get it either, but there's people out there who are really into this kind of thing, and I happen to know two of them IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You're a moron. While PvE weapons do have more offensive stats than PvP weapons even with arena being the only place to get PvP weapons they are still much easier to get for a PvPer that is new than for a raider that is new. No one runs old content anymore unless its in some sort of a fail pug, and the stats on the new arena season weapons far outweigh the weapons in Uludar even in offensive stats. Welfare epics was a much needed system that was abused because while it allowed some people to prosper unfairly it still managed to give people a leg up if they came late to the party or GOD FORBID left the party for a little while and everyone else in the party moved on without them. Blizzard has done a failure job at letting people that have lives keep up with people that don't, and that was a little better in TBC with badges of justice and last seasons gear being purchasable with honor. If they don't get back to that they have will have a problem alienating players. Right now, it seems easier to just come back for the next expansion if you take a break in the game then to try to catch up, and that means if someone needs to take a break between patches they might as well wait 2 years to play the game again. That doesn't go well for the player base or for Blizzard.
    I said practically the same thing in LK beta when they made the changes to BGs/Arenas.

...because we make the assumption that since WoW was engaging enough for 80 levels of play to get to the scenario you mention that most people aren't actually that horribly offended by doing pve content (which is arguably the core of the game).
    And there it is. Whenever there is an argument about PvP just being a sidegame/minigame and WoW is a PvE game, just shove this in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    that was hilarious
    LMAO
    i lol'd. people that hate on him are just have no sense of humor in my opinion. he just taking the ability of being annoying to the next level. its just like a level80 ganking level 30's. had i thought of something like that i woulda done it too, just cause i think its hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by uncannyllama
    its just like a level80 ganking level 30's.
    You're right, it is sad, pathetic, and childish. Very astute.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arena System
    Arenas are very effectively serving exactly the purpose they were created for.
    What, turning the balance of the game to absolute shit?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Glad wintergrasp has a siege timer now

Quote Originally Posted by Aegos
    Couldn't agree more. Where is the fun in annoying other people and just aiming to completely ruin the other player's game experience? I mean seriously, what's the fun in spending hours on simply annoying others? There's something wrong with that Vir guy. "Woohoo what shall I do today? Fuck work, fuck school, fuck socializing, I'm just going to sit behind my PC and piss people off! LOLOL"
    People like this are normally attention whores and they just crave attention even its negative. They seem to have lacked attention in their lives, and are normally miserable lonely people. However, that isn't the case for everyone, and some do it just to be the class clown type.

That being said, doing it once would be funny as hell, doing it repeatedly would be pretty sad and pathetic. I can't help to laugh, and I might be upset about it when it happened, but I would laugh about it later. I would compare what this dude did to the mage portals that get opened on the portal to WG from Dalaran. Both are annoying at first, but both are also funny as hell afterward. Hell, it also creates memories. I remember very little in this game compared to when I was grinding WG for the helm that has hit rating on it and got ported to Theramore. It pissed me off at the time, but I laugh about it now. Some people just take this game way to seriously and need to learn to laugh more.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arena System
    Arenas are very effectively serving exactly the purpose they were created for.
    What, turning the balance of the game to absolute shit?
    Actually, arenas just heighten the class imbalances in this game and after constant nerfs and buffs that just centered around arenas they are still the least popular part of the game, and only about 10% of people actually do them. When you are buffing and nerfing classes based on an aspect of it that is not a major part of it and only affects 10% of the people then something is completely wrong. Also, even with all these buffs and nerfs its quite obvious that the class balance still hasn't evened out. They need to just put the final touches in destroying arenas (oh wait they are its called rated battlegrounds).
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

OH GNOEZ THEY BE ROOININ MAH WURLD OF WARCRAFT EXPEERIENSE

Actually, arenas just heighten the class imbalances in this game and after constant nerfs and buffs that just centered around arenas they are still the least popular part of the game, and only about 10% of people actually do them. When you are buffing and nerfing classes based on an aspect of it that is not a major part of it and only affects 10% of the people then something is completely wrong. Also, even with all these buffs and nerfs its quite obvious that the class balance still hasn't evened out. They need to just put the final touches in destroying arenas (oh wait they are its called rated battlegrounds).
    90% of all statistics are made up off the top of the head i heard

I hate Crygil, I see him all over the Forums.

I find it kinda odd that they do these hotfixes at random. I know for a fact that some guilds have Game Masters in them with insides on exploits, and they take advantage of them, then fix them so other guilds can't do them. Just like ensidia and no keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by zbishop
    90% of all statistics are made up off the top of the head i heard
    Yes, we get it.

Do we really need this every time someone puts in a % figure in their post? It's just easier to say 10%, 20% or 30% instead of "very small minority".

Assuming you use Firefox then you need to get add blocker. Assuming you use any other browser then you need to get Firefox with add blocker.
    I have Firefox with an ad blocker. The damn MLG thing still auto-runs.

I know you can block these Flash ads using yet another Firefox add-on, but it would be great if people would think about how something like this damages their credibility and reduces the quality of their user experience before they put it up in the first place. This isn't the only place for WoW news, and if this keeps happening, I'm not going to get Flash-blocker, I'm just going to switch to using another site.

Please cut it out!

-SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    RAFing yourself is totally allowed.

Cool, a new alliance race that sounds good. And a paid faction / race change feature. Looking good.

Oh wait, sorry, you're gonna have to lvl 1 - 80 all over again if you wanna play it anytime soon. Blizzards gotta pay the bills somehow. And just to entice you they've added flying to Azeroth, something they said they'd never do, but wait, no one would reroll if levelling was as hard as it used to be. Suddenly adding flying to Azeroth isn't so difficult once they factor in a couple of million people rerolling new races and grinding them up. Might be worth doing hey.

And balance druids are fine, some guy over at blizzard levelled one up once some time ago, no need to worry. And honestly guys, those weapons you get from heroics are pro, you don't need good weapons to pvp, whats all the fuss about.

Lolz, that was like the 1 thing that made it so alliance ever had WG on my server. Now I doubt they'll ever get it. Maybe late at night when almost nobody is on, but thats it.

Deleted

Remove the MLG thingy, now.

Arena system is working as it should, alright, well explain the fact i meet peeps around 700-800 mmr lower than me in a instant queue. The worst part is that those are more than often anti-comps (just my luck), that causes us to lose 20 rating +, and even if we do win, we win 1, and every now and then: 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Arena System
    Arenas are very effectively serving exactly the purpose they were created for. The arena system might be failing to provide you personally with good gear, but the system itself continues to be successful. (Source)
    This is where arena fails. It serves its purpose by cockblocking gear to a certain percentage of players.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"