Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Addon for destro rotation

Hi.

I just want to let you know that my addon for destro rotation got to version 1.0

easyDestro on Curse

Actually only for deep destro lock.

If someone already used it, please leave a feedback here.

There's also a youtube tutorial: YouTube - easyDestro.

Version 1.0 is able to manage complete destro rotation, including a curse of your choice. No configuration need it, just cast a curse on a target and it will be included in rotation.

Rotation is separate for each target, no overlaps when changing targets.

Please any constructive feedback.

Comments like "The worst addon ever" are not good, but comments like "The worst addon ever because does not include the spell x that is a dps increase, proved by...." are ok.

Here is the link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lobostarc/videos

Re: Addon for destro rotation

You got the order wrong.

It's Curse -> Immolate -> Chaos Bolt -> Conflag -> Incinerate filler then whatever is off cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubs
    You got the order wrong.

It's Curse -> Immolate -> Chaos Bolt -> Conflag -> Incinerate filler then whatever is off cooldown
    Addon use Curse -> Immolate -> Conflag -> Chaos Bolt -> incinerate filer

Please explain why using Conflag after CB is better? Also is a very minor think because only on first rotation Conf and CB are both available on same time and need to be prioritized.
    Here is the link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lobostarc/videos

Due to server lag it takes around a second for the Immolate debuff to register, during which you won't be able to cast Conflagrate. In that second you're better off casting Chaos Bolt. Chaos Bolt also benefits less from Backdraft than Incinerate does. Thought it's not an extraordinarily large DPS loss, Chaos Bolt -> Conflagrate at the start is the better option.

Following this, might I suggest an option to disallow Chaos Bolt while you have Backdraft? Correct me if I'm wrong but most Simcrafts show it as a DPS increase.
    http://healmylifetap.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kyraka

Please explain why using Conflag after CB is better? Also is a very minor think because only on first rotation Conf and CB are both available on same time and need to be prioritized.
    After immolate better be CB and not conflagrate, if u use conflagrate u will have to w8 for GCD before CB, if u use CB first, then no GCD for conflagrate, plus u get 3 hasted incinerates which they are innitialy longer to cast than CB..

And ofc what the guy before me said.

Quartz (with latency bar) and stopcasting macros are ace for this spec

And why would you use /stopcasting? It's not needed anymore, havent been since 2.x something.
    If its called Tourist season, why can't I shoot at them?

Quote Originally Posted by holkim
    And why would you use /stopcasting? It's not needed anymore, havent been since 2.x something.
    This is a little before my time, so why did you need /stopcast then?

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

/stopcasting
    /cast something

I use it just before i go into the red thingie in quartz while casting, i still win some time if my latency is over 300ms or dances around 200-500ms.
    it stops the casting for the client and starts an other cast, but the server things it hadnt stop (due to latency) and the spell goes off while a new spell had innitiated.

I really dont remember the 2.x.something change, i might was not playing that period due to exams (as i am not playing now due to exams), but still, if i use the macro earlier, i cancell the spell (so its still on the game). Really it might not working for the 150ms-I7 prosseccor-dual SLI dudes, but i think it works for me, my dancing internet connection and my old PC

EDIT:
    And ofc, having a way to stop your cast and start an other one at any time while jumping is good at some points.. (for example rebanish just in time, or time something in a boss fight, or switch to DPS something else on fight or fake cast in PVP)

yah, rotation to start off you get bigger burst with immolate > choas bolt > conflag > incinerate filler

choas bolt fires off, then conflag right at the same time, instant double boom boom!

also, how did you get your videon on youtube to come out nice?

iv been trying to make some videos but youtube always squishes them down and stuff.

*sigh

10+ Year Old Account

Fortexorcist is THE addon for any rotations. Wonderful addon.

Living in Australia, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to cast conflag straight after immolate without wasting 1-2 seconds, simply because conflag doesn't actually register immolate being up on the target until a few seconds pass. It's very annoying, and don't know if US or EU players experience anything like this (reading these forums and EJ lead me to think 'yes they do'), but casting Chaos bolt after immolate ends up far more efficient for me.

Also, why on earth do you need a mod to show you how to play? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of playing a class/spec that's entirely based on CD's and managing them properly? There's another one for DK's too, and frankly, it's pretty sad if you need to use one imo.
    There is no Arthas, only Ner'zhul.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriya
    Chaos Bolt also benefits less from Backdraft than Incinerate does.
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Chaos Bolt is higher DPS than Incinerate on its own and Backdraft is a percentage reduction not a flat cast time reduction. The higher DPS ability will always be higher hasted DPS. Once the GCD limitation comes into play you'll see Chaos Bolt fall further behind Incinerate.

**edited for my retardation as pointed out by gherkin below**

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Chaos Bolt is higher DPS than Incinerate on its own and Backdraft is a percentage reduction not a flat cast time reduction. The higher DPS ability will always be higher hasted DPS. Once the GCD limitation comes into play you'll see Incinerate fall further behind Chaos Bolt as well.
    Shouldn't Incinerate catch up in this situation? 2.0 Chaos bolt will hit the GCD limit sooner than a 2.25s Incinerate will. Chaos Bolt will cap out on damage at 1.0s while Incinerate is at 1.12s. Thus when Incinerate is at 1.0s, Chaos Bolt will be at .9s, but still have the 1.0s damage per cast time number due to the GCD. It won't ever exceed, but it does catch up a bit in these high haste situations.

REASONS FOR CONFLAG AFTER IMMOLATE:
    1) Higher Pyroclasm uptime (sooner = better)
    2) Better DPCT spell

REASONS FOR CHAOS AFTER IMMOLATE
    1) Impatience
    2) High latency + spell queuing = better dps
    3) Not losing Latency / 1000 x DPS damage.

END RESULT
    A miniscule difference in dps, entirely based on your latency at the time. Do what feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by WeedJamal
    This is a little before my time, so why did you need /stopcast then?
    Now: Spell Queuing. When Quartz or whatever goes into the red, you can press another button and it will queue that spell for casting. Thus if you press Chaos Bolt during Immolate, but not after, it will still cast Chaos Bolt.

Before: Nothing. You would cast a spell, and the server would wait to tell you if you cast it or not. The net result was that your spells were increased in cast time by your latency. 2.5s Shadow Bolt + 300ms latency = 2.8s Shadow Bolt. Obviously this is a bad thing. Good players got around this by using Quartz (thus its popularity) and stopcasting macros. You would wait until your spell was in the red, and hit your next spell, which was a macro: /stopcasting /cast <spell name> . You would immediately stop what you were doing and cast a new spell, but .3 seconds later your original spell would still fire off because the server didn't get your /stopcasting in time to actually cancel that spell.

This is just how client server games work. You send a message and start doing something. Server recieves message and starts doing it too. You interrupt the process early and start doing something new, but the server doesn't get this message in time, so you get to do both.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Shouldn't Incinerate catch up in this situation? 2.0 Chaos bolt will hit the GCD limit sooner than a 2.25s Incinerate will. Chaos Bolt will cap out on damage at 1.0s while Incinerate is at 1.12s. Thus when Incinerate is at 1.0s, Chaos Bolt will be at .9s, but still have the 1.0s damage per cast time number due to the GCD. It won't ever exceed, but it does catch up a bit in these high haste situations.
    Whoops, had the two backwards. :P

i personaly do

curse > immo > confag > CB > incin

This works for as i normaly run with about 40ms.
    I be spaming me dotzzz

Quote Originally Posted by LeWiis
    i personaly do

curse > immo > confag > CB > incin

This works for as i normaly run with about 40ms.
    you need a new rotation.. .bad

Hmm..i tend to open with immo, then incin (cause i do get the delay before being able to cast conflag) then conflag, cb, incin incin..and throw a curse in there somewhere - I thought i read somewhere that your CoD benefits from pyroclasm..so I usually try to get it in after i conflag.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123
    you need a new rotation.. .bad
    $100 bucks says i out dps.
    I be spaming me dotzzz

Thanks. Managing 1 dot while spamming incinerate was starting to get rather difficult.