Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Totem of quaking earth or Totem of electrifying wind

Hi, what you think guys is the best relic at the moment for an enhancement chamy?? Totem of quaking earth or Totem of electrifying wind to buy :

200 haste better than 200 attack power is that true?? ???

Re: Totem of quaking earth or Totem of electrifying wind

i am pretty much sure, that totem of quacking error either displays a wrong amount of attackpower ( should be 400 ) or they really put it on life without equalizing it.

assuming first, it´s flat-out better than electrifying winds

assuming second, it´s the worst of all new relics until fixed and you should either hold your badges until we see a fix, or go for the haste-totem in the meanwhile and start saving for the ap-totem in case they fix it or completely other gear

with ulduar-content gear, haste reaches a value comparable with crit, but a little less than ap

1.7-1.9 ( varies )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

WTB "Totem of Quacking."

As they stand now, the Totem of Electrifying Wind is beast for enhance.

This confuses me too. Would be weird if they'd put 2 same badge value totems and making elemental totem better than the one which is meant to be used by enhance for enhancement pve. I've not tested but I'm pretty sure in raid conditions I do get at least 1LB in 12 secs, so 200ap<200haste and something has to be done here. Got the marks required and not that eager to buy t9(till I get 2 thingies to get t9.25 at least) and I guess will wait and see if there is gonna be any changes in relics, will just stick to my deadly totem

Quote Originally Posted by stangerxx
    Hi, what you think guys is the best relic at the moment for an enhancement chamy?? Totem of quaking earth or Totem of electrifying wind to buy :

200 haste better than 200 attack power is that true?? ???
    How about doing the math for yourself instead of asking for help? With tools like EnhSim and Rawr it's actually real simple to answer questions like these, but I guess it's even more simple to just register to a forum and ask everyone else how you should gear your shaman.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Molakar
    How about doing the math for yourself instead of asking for help? With tools like EnhSim and Rawr it's actually real simple to answer questions like these, but I guess it's even more simple to just register to a forum and ask everyone else how you should gear your shaman.
    You solve nothing by being a jerk. But I suppose you think that the Shaman forums are for something other than asking questions trying to better yourself? I'm just glad people DO come on the forums looking for help in creating a better performing character.

Anyway sad as it is i think that the current best in slot totem is the PvP ones.. so hop into Arena.. I actually just farmed 2 badges of justice and bought the Stonebreakers totem. Idk I kinda think blizz still doesn't want to go out of there way to make good items for one spec of one class

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Totem of Electrifying Wind by FAR.

I bought it the other day and gave it a go. Had about 95% uptime on the Elite Target Dummy, so in a raid-enviroment I'd say it oughta be closer to 100%.

Permanent 200haste from just a Relic doesnt sound too shabby, dont you think?

I didnt keep the Relic though, hoping that they kind fix the Enhancement totems AP value to correspond this totems awesomeness. And I also want to buy my T9 soonish.

Deleted

I purchased the haste on because right now it is clearly better, and i don't want to hang around hoping that bliz will fix something.

Although i will be mightly pissed off if they do.

In the end they are both a clear upgrade on my haste based naxx25 one, so hopefully i made the right call.

Out of curiosity, i assume that if they hot fix it, the GM's won't allow us to switch for free? Has this happened before and if so what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    You solve nothing by being a jerk. But I suppose you think that the Shaman forums are for something other than asking questions trying to better yourself? I'm just glad people DO come on the forums looking for help in creating a better performing character.

Anyway sad as it is i think that the current best in slot totem is the PvP ones.. so hop into Arena.. I actually just farmed 2 badges of justice and bought the Stonebreakers totem. Idk I kinda think blizz still doesn't want to go out of there way to make good items for one spec of one class
    Being a jerk for telling a person to do his own testing? You know that it's more or less impossible to tell another person that "Item x" is an upgrade over "Item y" since it really depends on what gear that character has. Pointing out that he can use Rawr and EnhSim for these questions is not being rude or wrong. I have nothing against ppl coming here and asking that hasn't been answered before etc.

That being said, 200 haste will probably outperform 200 attackpower for every shaman out there. But again: Use Rawr and EnhSim and find out what suits your character the best since there isn't just one answer to the question.

Being a jerk for telling a person to do his own testing? You know that it's more or less impossible to tell another person that "Item x" is an upgrade over "Item y" since it really depends on what gear that character has. Pointing out that he can use Rawr and EnhSim for these questions is not being rude or wrong. I have nothing against ppl coming here and asking that hasn't been answered before etc.

That being said, 200 haste will probably outperform 200 attackpower for every shaman out there. But again: Use Rawr and EnhSim and find out what suits your character the best since there isn't just one answer to the question.
    You did read that post where Enhsim and Rawr may not get updated anymore right? So whats the best thing to do? Come here and ask questions. If you dont want to help people then dont, otherwise give some idea of what you think, then maybe give em some info on the sim's and let them go from there.

I will be picking up the haste trinket myself, hope it will help offset the loss of the T8 MW bonus.

what a loser i'm just asking an opinion so stop being a jerk ;D

i got the haste one yesterday and the uptime is huge its practically a 200 haste permanent upgrade in most situations

however i dunno, making that BiS for enh and its an ele totem is a bit crazy.

How much ap would the quaking earth have to kick out before its more viable than the Electrifying Wind?
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted

That's a tricky question.

Assuming both have roughly the same uptime on both movement and stationary fights, it would comes down to personal EP values

For me, haste is currently running at 1.6 compared to a base of AP.

That means i would need 320ap on the totem to equal the 200 haste.

So i to make it better, i am guessing somewhere between 350 and 400 AP.

Deleted

p.s. Bliz has stated that they think enh shaman dps is roughly in the right place (then again they said they would fix the arm pen issue lol) so i suspect that we are likely to see a nerf to the haste totem rather than a boost to the AP one.

That is on the assumption that our dps is now balanced around the AP totem.

i know our dps is fine
    what freaks me out is that our relic is underbudgetted in comparison with dk's ret's
    dk's get 200 str, ret's get 200 str, cats get 200 agi, we should get 400ap or 200agi is not fair

Deleted

The item budget of the Totem of Quaking Earth has 200 AP and 234 healing power. However this isn't showing on the tooltip, and is thought to be a cut n paste bug. Testing of the item shows its seriously under budget and efforts are underway to have this confirmed and fixed. See the EJ forums for details.

I made a post about it in the main forums if some one could go and leave a msg to keep it alive and hope we get a fix soon please

(no flaming)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...584709&sid=1#0

so, is should give us 200 spell power but instead we r getting 234 healing
    hope they'll fix this soon, im missing 1 emb of triumph wich ill be getting today to buy the totem but i guess ill wait a bit and see if they fix it

Deleted

So it is currently procs with +heal.

On the face of it, that could make it the best PVP totem (as per Ignis one).

Since in arena its not unusual to dps for a bit and the heal.

I wonder what the pvp'ers think of it.

I am just buying the Elem one and returning it in under 2 hours until this is fixed.